Poll

Xbox live Clan name.

Brother's All Clan
0 (0%)
B.A.C. it is....
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Xbox live --Brothers All Clan--  (Read 434299 times)

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
Re: Xbox live
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »
I've got a few original Xbox titles that are Live enabled.  RepCom, Battlefront 2, Halo 2 (plus map pack), every Ghost Recon (except Summit Strike) and Serious Sam 2 are just a few.

I had a look earlier on at connecting my Xbox to my PC to use the net, but in Linux I need to do quite a bit of configuring.  Should be a bit simpler in Windows.  I'll report back later if I get any further (I need to get the IP address and DNS server sorted at the moment).
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
MERIka WHY did you leaVE WHen i messAged YOU!!!/// ((STUPID SHIFT KEY Is ALl mEssED UP!!!!)0
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
MERIka WHY did you leaVE WHen i messAged YOU!!!/// ((STUPID SHIFT KEY Is ALl mEssED UP!!!!)0
Massage??  IDK??    what did it say??
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 07:02:23 PM »
Massage??  IDK??    what did it say??
did you fix your network settings??

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 07:11:16 PM »
did you fix your network settings??
:grumpy: :grumpy: ....no.... I have to install this program on our main comp.  (not my cheap laptop).  you have to allow this site access to you computer at all this Osik.  The site looks very sketchy in a this-looks-like-scam way.  So I'm not going to be able to play wicha.   Te weird thing is,that still lets me play live and all, just not with certain people.
I think it's only like that on H3 though, so if you get Cod4,or I get Graw 2 we might be able to play then....

Edit:  this is what i need to do...   but i can't make sense of it.... maybe Flyboy or Mark could give me a "how to, for dummies" version. they're both good at stuff like this......
http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/xbox-live/54067-how-open-nat-xbox-360-a.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:15:13 PM by Mereel Skirata »
Resident Costumer.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 10:11:21 AM »
Yeah, I am OK at networking, and I have set up a DMZ on a router before.  Generally, stuff like this basically means logging into your router and playing around with the settings.  Once you know where to look it isn't too hard to do.

I can't remember how to do it at the moment as I've only done it once a while ago and I don't have the ability to ply around with the router in my current house, so I can't refresh myself by playing around myself.  Once I think I can remeber how exactly, I'll be happy to have a try at writing a how to.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 08:37:08 PM »
WOOT MERikA xD YoU OWNED ME!!!  lol that was fun oh btw if someone else hosts we can play together XD

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »
again that was fun XD

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 08:59:36 PM »
Yeah, that was kinda fun.   though that JAWZ  map kinda stunk.      yup,  My B-day is coming the end of March I hope to get a headset then!  

Who were you playing with?  kylljoy(1)....
Resident Costumer.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »
Yeah, that was kinda fun.   though that JAWZ  map kinda stunk.      yup,  My B-day is coming the end of March I hope to get a headset then!  

Who were you playing with?  kylljoy(1)....
lill bro X(

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 09:39:39 PM »
lill bro X(
lol, now i feel bad for killing him so much...
Resident Costumer.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
OK, I've decided to take the plunge and get myself and get myself an Xbox 360 today.  I'm also going to get the wireless adapter as on Amazon it's 14 cheaper then anywhere else and has only had good reviews, and since I'm getting a MadCatz stand with built-in cooling fans and battery charger I might as well get the adapter too (networking isn't my real interest in computing so I can't be bothered trying to hack into my router and set up a DMZ for my PC).

I've also found a place to get 13 months of Xbox Live for the same price as 12 months, so I'll do that as well (since my cousin told me if you sign up on PC first, like I've done, the 1 month free with the Xbox 360 isn't valid, as his friend found out the hard way).  So, within the next few weeks expect me to be able to play online in Halo 3 and Halo Wars under the new gamertag of ThermalSoarer (currently fb424).

UPDATE

OK, my Xbox 360 Elite is on the way and, I must say, it was very nice to see on the order both Halo 3 and Halo Wars listed at just 10 each!

Anyway, this summer I'm going to start playing around with XNA Game Studio and hopefully I'll get a game on community games for you all to try and hopefully, buy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:57:07 PM by flyboy424 »

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 11:18:23 PM »
OK, I've decided to take the plunge and get myself and get myself an Xbox 360 today.  I'm also going to get the wireless adapter as on Amazon it's 14 cheaper then anywhere else and has only had good reviews, and since I'm getting a MadCatz stand with built-in cooling fans and battery charger I might as well get the adapter too (networking isn't my real interest in computing so I can't be bothered trying to hack into my router and set up a DMZ for my PC).

I've also found a place to get 13 months of Xbox Live for the same price as 12 months, so I'll do that as well (since my cousin told me if you sign up on PC first, like I've done, the 1 month free with the Xbox 360 isn't valid, as his friend found out the hard way).  So, within the next few weeks expect me to be able to play online in Halo 3 and Halo Wars under the new gamertag of ThermalSoarer (currently fb424).

UPDATE

OK, my Xbox 360 Elite is on the way and, I must say, it was very nice to see on the order both Halo 3 and Halo Wars listed at just 10 each!

Anyway, this summer I'm going to start playing around with XNA Game Studio and hopefully I'll get a game on community games for you all to try and hopefully, buy.
WOOT WE HAVE CONVERTED YOU!!! XD

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 04:24:19 AM »
No, I was converted to the Xbox way the first time I played one (first ever game console I bought was an original Xbox, which I still have!).  Online gaming is something I've only recently been able to start experiencing, and It's only now that I've been able to get my own Xbox 360.

Now, it's just the matter of what games to get.  I've already got Halo 3 and Halo Wars coming with my 360 and I've got a bunch of original Xbox games that I can play so it's just deciding where to go from there.  I was thinking of CoD 4, but since the sequel is supposedly being released at the end of the year I may just wait until then to get that one.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 05:21:48 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm probably not getting my Xbox 360 for another couple of weeks as it was delivered to my parents house and they've said I can have it then when I should be moving out of my temporary accommodation (although they need to come down anyway this weekend to drop off something I need for uni).  :(

Still, it's given me a chance to think through my plans for it more thoroughly and I'm really looking forward to the prospect if using XNA Game Studios to develop my own Xbox 360 games (which in turn I'll put on Xbox Live Community Games for everyone to buy  ;D ).  I'm going to start my first one this summer, and after that I may decided to scrap what I've done so far on the other game I've mentioned a couple of times I was making and re-make it as a PC and Xbox 360 cross-platform game (I guess depending on how well I feel I can get the controls right) using C# ad XNA Games Studio.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »
YES!  I have my Xbox 360!  Now I just need to decide what to play first, Halo 3 or Halo Wars....

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »
YES!  I have my Xbox 360!  Now I just need to decide what to play first, Halo 3 or Halo Wars....
WHATS YOUR TAG!?!?! O.o plz tell me O.o

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
My current tag is in my profile, but once I've got the NXE update (blasted slow internet connection puts the download finishing in 2 hours!) I'll redeem my MS points code and change it to something I like better (which I'll update in my profile).  Unfortunately, I've got a slight colour problem at the moment.  I don't think my hardware is fully compatible with the Xbox 360 VGA output in PAL-60 format as I have no red colour on the screen at all (so everything is a bluey-green).  The current solution is to switch to PAL-50, but some games aren't compatible, with Halo 3 and Halo Wars being 2 of them.

Still, it's not ruined the experience much so I'll be on Live as soon as I can (and yes, I have a headset).

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 02:11:41 PM »
Sweet Flyboy, I can't wait to play with ya sometime.  Next time i'm online i'll add you as my friend.  it'll be from LOBO.

And i REALLY need to get a headset!!  My Birthday is comming and I hope to get one then.
Resident Costumer.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2009, 02:16:28 PM »
Just 15-20 mins to go until I have the NXE.  Then, I'll need to wait until I've got the map packs downloaded and subscribed to Live Gold before being able to play online. So, should be a few hours I guess before I'm ready.  Hopefully I might be able to find a solution to my colour problem in that time.

EDIT

Yes, I have the NXE, my avatar and my new gamertag (ThermalSoarer).  I've also sorted the colour issue (although now there is a sound issue... didn't have the sound cables in  :blush: ).  just got to download the map packs.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:00:08 PM by flyboy424 »