Author Topic: War of the Angedain- Part 2: Dissent and Desolation  (Read 295142 times)

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
War of the Angedain- Part 2: Dissent and Desolation
« on: December 10, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »

26 BBY- Five years have passed since the Dor-Morgil Eldar made war upon the Death Watch and Kuat. In that time, both sides have been handed crushing defeats and monumentous victories. With the loyalties of the Fëanorian Eldar split, the Eldar shun thier brethren after an assasination attempt on the life of thier king, Turwaithion. The war has laid waste to Mandalore and Kuat, and the Elven world of New Lorien has been fought for for two years. The Eldar have fought to avenge the deaths of thier brothers in arms and the murdered Princess Alassiel. Her father and brother, Princes Megildurion and Beriothien, have fought the Death Watch-Kuati Alliance brutally. More than once, King Turwaithion has ordered them away from laying waste to worlds. Prince Adenn Tracyn, a True Mandalorian veteran, has served bravely along his brother-in-law and nephew, and proved himself a hero a dozen times over.

However, the Elves suffered a blow with the loss of Talyc Rinion, a peredhel who was raised a Mandalorian. Outnumbered and outmaneuvered, Talyc dealt death to each of his opponents, and earned a legacy of fear and ferocity in the hearts of the Death Watch. Now, his great-great-great-great-great-grandson, Akeen Rinion, wields Talyc's swords against the Death Watch, thirsting for vengeance.

The Death Watch, led by Adenn's brother Kad, have a single aim: to destroy the Elven race, by any means nessecary. After the assasination of Alassiel was discovered to be preformed by several high-ranking Death Watch, the Elves have left no prisoners in any battle they fight against the Dagnir Mereel, as the Death Watch are called in Sindarin. Kad himself, views Adenn as a traitor, and has attempted to kil him in the past by numerous means.

The Fëanorian Elves, now led by Asatare Daeronion, son of the traitorous Captain of the Royal Guard, have waged a bloody war of both espionage and open rebellion against the Elven crown, using every Kinslaying as proof of Turwaithion's evil. Even now, dissent spreads amongst the Eldar as thier King leads the war effort on Shogun.

The Kuat, fueled by thier Drive Yards, are engaged in a corporate war to eliminate competition from the Elven Shipyards. Sonn after the War began, Admiral Beriothien laid seige to Kuat, and several bloody battles have resutlted in stalemate as Feanorian spies within the Elven Fleet ensure Kuat's temporary survival.

Battered and weary, the Royal Family go on leave to the forest world of Dororn, to recuperate for a week before the front is regained. Only General Megildurion stays back, his lust for Mandalorian blood insatible.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:19:14 PM by Noldorin Mando »

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: War of the Angedain- Part 2: Dissent and Desolation
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »
OOC:I'll write for the Rangers.

Throught the war, the ranger's have had a small impact. Heanion has been trained to the extent that when in dire need, he can be used alone.

Útíradien has been behind the main lines, planning battles, invasions, and amushes. He has been working on a project that will give the Elves a advantage. He has not told anyone except King Turwaithion what it is.

Gleinadhorion has been useless for the first couple of months. He was ravaged with grief by Alassiel's death. He had told no one, but he had been planning to ask for her hand in marrage. He is now hunting the Death Watch with a unstopable drive.

Heanion has finally gained enough knowlege in all area's of Ranger training, How do use Kives,Bow, Stealth, and how to properly ride his horse, Tuglil. He has been one one solo mission. He aquired some intelegence on the motives of the enamy.

Valdegerion has been very busy. He has been training Haenion furiously, doing almost all of the Ranger missions, and has been practically the sole Intellegence and Reconossance for the Elves.

Heanion has a mission to be the reconossance for a Elven Rifle and Pikeman Unit. Gleinadhorion is with Megildurion hunting Mandalorians. Útíradien is planning and recovering from a flash-bang canister exploding in his face. Valdegerion is leading a garrison of Elves on the frontline. They are figting the Traitorus Elves on a rain-swept moon. It is covered in thin forests and has many lakes. He is currently on the Holocomm(Like the Jedi Generals have in Episode 3) with King Turwaithion and Queen Silwen informing them of the heavy fighting and the Elves inability to remove the traitors after being waken up by the Rain as he was in a leaky stone structure.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 03:28:58 PM »
((OK, so you'll be fighting on a moon of Doristar. The Feanorians have held that planet for over a year, after thier 3rd Rebellion was a success. I planned out the battles for the past 5 years last night. There have been 39, and 10 have been on New Lorien, 2 on Mandalore, 8 on Kuat, and 4 on Shogun))

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »
OOC:That works. And we'll have limited contact with Heanion, Útíradien, and Gleinadhorion. Oh, and Valdegerion has upgraded. He has light elven durasteel chain-link armor. So, we'll start when Adenn and Mereel come?

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:58:01 PM »
OOC:  Ok so where are we???  On Dororn???

(((This is Topic 1138!!!!)))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:00:19 PM by Mereel Skirata »
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 01:00:27 PM »
OOC: yes, we are on Dororn. thats awesome! topic 1138! we should get Lucas to look at our site :blush: he should be proud of us.  should we start now or do you want to start, Noldorin?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:26:50 PM by N-11 Captain Ordo »

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 07:22:12 PM »
Turwaithion Findecanoion sat on an intricately carved throne, leaning forward to observe a pair of duelling guardsmen vying for rank through trial of arms. The challenger, Draugedhel, was pounding blows upon the current captian, a man in Mandalorian armour, by the name of Akeen Rinion. "I'll bet the treasury on Akeen, Adenn. What to you think?" He asked, leaning over to speak to his son-in-law and nodding approvingly as Akeen tripped Draugedhel. The elf rolled away and sprang to his feet, kicking Akeen back, only to strike air as Akeen sidestepand and engaged Draug. "Press the attack!" Turwaithion called. His wife Silwen, only wached the duel in silence, writing on a long scroll of velum between upward glances. "Akeen may be skilled, but he doesn't have Draugedhel's fortitude. He'll wear down. I'll take that bet, meleth." She said to Turwaithion, incribing another tengwa on the paper, then laying down her quill.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:25:28 PM by Noldorin Mando »

-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »
Adenn watched thoughtfully, then said "Akeen has the expierience, Draugedhel has more tactic in his head, but i think that old fire will win over young smarts. i agree with tur, Silwen. sorry..."

He chuckled slightly.

"If Tur wins the bet, he keeps all his money, but if Silwen wins, she just keeps the money that his already hers. hahahaha..."

Adenn stopped laughing when Drau was about to deal a winning blow, but Akeen dogded it and came back fierce, forcing the younger elf back into a defensive position.

"KEEP IT UP, AKEEN! DONT LET HIM CHANGE THE PACE!"

He turned to Tur and Silwen.

"When is Narwen going to arrive? I havent seen her for months, and it would be nice to spend some time with her before we head back to the front.."

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 07:38:47 PM »
Turwaithion laughed at Adenn's comments. "Akeen has taken the mortal path, Adenn. Draugehdel has served in my guard since thae war began" He said, as Draugedhel sidesteped Akeen's blow and barely missed his armoured neck.

"Watch yourself! The last thing we need is another captain dead, pen tithen." The speaker, a red-haired Elf woman clad in dark robes, promptly waked forward and threw her arms arounf Adenn. "Welcome home, meleth nin."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:08:51 PM by Noldorin Mando »

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 07:50:57 PM »
A small pod infront of the Royal family flicered to life. It showed Valdegerion getting rained on. His face held a frown. He bowed his head and a stream of water fell of his hood. The blue of the hologram made Valdegerion look like a ghost. His cloak already shimmered, and the Holo made his see-through.

"The battle goes bad my King. We are unable to remove the enamy. And the conditions are horrible. And everytime we have to wretches cornered, they disapear into the forest."He said.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 07:55:26 PM »
Adenn embraced Narwen and held her close for a minute or so, giving her a kiss.

"It's been so long, Nar'ika. Im glad you are back. how are you?"

She smiled "its good to be back, Ad'ika. im doing fine, how is the war coming?"

just then Vald came on and they watched his hologram talk. Adenn got in the holograms sight and said

"Vald, try to follow them into the forest. see where they are hiding. Im pretty sure we will be coming your way after this rest period, so if you still need help i will try and locate them for you once we are there."

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 07:59:33 PM »
"We tried that. We lost two squads doing that. We got hit by Artilery Fire. We were fighting hand-to-hand with the trators. They lost thier entire force. And you won't be able to come. We launched a probe up to find thier Artilery Pieces, and it was shot out of the air before it got 200 meters off the ground. We then tried to launch one from the ship in orbit, but as soon as the probe hit the atmosphere, it was obliterated." Valdegeron said.

Just then, a wave of rain started up. It pelted Valdegerion's sides. He muttred a string of curses that could have turned a Mando's ears red.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
Adenn chuckled at the elf's curses.

"If we cant get in from directly above you, we could land a ways away and come to you by the ground. How long do you think you can hold out?"

He asked as he held Narwen's hand.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:34 PM »
"Excuse me prince, but we tired that. Nothing works. They have instant targeting. And anyway, we don't need the cavelry yet."Valdegerion said. The rain started realy hard. Something crashed to the ground behind him.

He muttered more curses.

"GET THE DAMED TENTS UP!"He shouted.

"The rain is so hard outside it knocked down tents."He said.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
Adenn frowned.

"Alright, Vald. im sorry we cant do anything to help, good luck."

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 08:11:43 PM »
"There is one thing you can do. You can tell me how Commandant Útíradien is doing."He said. There was another gust and he fell sideways into the mud. He shouted a few curses.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »
Silwen shrugged. "The last I heard, he was recovering well. He can't see yet, but he has regained his hearing. The healers say it will likely only be a month ot two before he is back on active service. May the Valar be with you, Ranger." She said, inclining her head as the link faded.

Turwaithion let out a long breath and drummed his fingers on the arm of this throne. "Contact General Calmith. Tell him to free up a batallion to assist Valdagerion when he asks for it. And pt more pressure on Doristar! We need those traitors wiped out. Down to the last elf who will bear a sword." He said, his voce dangerously low.

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 08:24:30 PM »
"Valdegerion shuddered. He was too wet and too cold. He shook his cloak. Mud sprayed everywhere. He walked outside.

"Have the guard changed. I want the gaurd to be in the dryest place here. Everyone else get into your tents."He said.

Valdegerion walked into his tent. He stiped down to his dry tunic and pants.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
Adenn sighed deeply.

"Tur'buir, if it is your wish, i could take my remaining Mandalorians to assist Vald immiedietly."

Narwen put her hand to her mouth. She had been with Adenn for a matter of minutes, and he was talking about leaving again.

"I wish i could stay with you, Narwen, but if it is neccesary i must go help Vald."

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »
OOC:Seriously, everything above 200 meters gets destroyed instntly. It's caused by [spoiler] A ship on the far side of the system directing persision artilery strikes.[/spoiler]