Author Topic: War of the Angedain- Part 2: Dissent and Desolation  (Read 371873 times)

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
Re: War of the Angedain- Part 2: Dissent and Desolation
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 08:33:45 PM »
Turwaithion shook his head. "No, ion nin. We have until the end of the week. New Lorien is where we shall fight. Valdagerion has not failed me yet, your troops have fought steadily for then entire war. They need this leave as much as we do." He said firmly, quashing talk of leaving.He would not have his family suffer another death. With that thought, he clenched his mechanical hand, the mithril gauntlet clinking.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:42:09 PM by Noldorin Mando »

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »
~Three hours later~

"Gernade!"A elf shouted. Valdegerion ducked his head. A few trators screamed and then were silent. He shot three times and three body's dropped. The trators tried to retreat.

"ATTACK!"Valdegerion shouted. Elves jumped from the tree's and landed behind the traitors. The enamy force soon fell. Valdegerion shouted for the Elves to fall back to the trenches.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 08:45:03 PM »
Adenn nodded. Narwen let out a breath of relief and embraced her husband.

"Thank you, lord turwaithion. im sure my troops are grateful for this, as am i. call me on the comm if you need me."

he and narwen went out to walk togehter.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 09:06:14 PM »
Turwaithion watched the pair go, then took Silwen's hand in his own. "Promise me, meleth. If we fall, sail. Sail to Valinor and dwell in Tirion. I would not have you endure the world in agony. The Undying lands are not closed to you. There is still hope." He said, swallowing.

Silwen placed her hand on Turwaithion's cheek, then shook her head. "No. We have a life here. I would rather pass to Mandos before you than leave all this. Perhaps, if Adenn meets his end, then I shall sail with Narwen. And if this hroa dies, then I shall await you upon Tuna, and, if you pass before me, I shall wait here, unto the world's ending, meleth." With that, she stood and left, gathering up her parchment and quill, leaving Turwaithion alonw with the guards.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 11:47:30 PM »
Adenn snuck in unnoticed, letting Narwen go off to bed. He came up to Turwaithion and said

"Dont worry, Tur'buir. I will not fail you. There will not be a need for Silwen and Narwen to sail to the Undying Lands."

He sounded as if he was trying to convince himself as much as Tur.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 07:58:19 AM »
((( Sorry i've not been on guys, We lost power here like two minutes after i asked where we were. II almost died of boredom.

So what was i doing fighting someone earlier???
Where are we now?
And did i win that fight?
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 08:12:30 AM »
((You were fihting an upstart guard who wanted your rank as Captain of the Royal Guard. You won the fight, and now Tur and his wife just had a heart to heart over what to do if he and Adeen copped it, and now Adenn's trying to convince Tur and himself that it's not nescarry. Sorr I haven't been sending the PMs.))

Turwaithion sighed. "Adenn, it's not me I'm worried about. If I fall, Silwen shall await my return from the Halls of Mandos. It is Narwen, I worry for. If you die, you will not have the option to return to the living as the Elves do. I saw that happen in Gondor, and none of my people ever dwelt again near Cerin Amroth after Queen Undomiel laid herself to rest there after Elessar died. I don't want a parting between you and Narwen to come any quicker than it must. Do you understand that?"

((Yeah, Tur's gonna die of worrying. 5 years and the War isn't letting up or showing a particular side to favour, the True Mandalorians are taking casualties, Narwen will be a widow and fade no matter what[She's a full Elf, so she can't die unles she pulls the trigger on herself], and the attempst on both Tur's and Adenn's lives have him almost insane))

-Ron James

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 08:27:39 AM »
Sorr I haven't been sending the PMs.))

(((It's alright my power has been out for three days so i would not have been able to read them anyway.)))

So Akeen is Captian of th Royal Guard, what do they do, follow you around?)))

Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »
((Yeah, in 2-3 guard shifts. Guard his rooms, go ahead discreetly, and fight alongside him in battle, as well as making dure he doesn't get stabbed in the back. You share command with Istuion, who was the captain of the Guard for Turwaithion's father. ))

-Ron James

OrdoSkitira

• Private
  • Mando nut!
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 11:07:12 AM »
OOC:Can I jump back in ner'vod or did you kill me?
Vode'an guys vode'an.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »
OOC:Nobodey killed you.

The elves were pinned down. Half of thier force was pinned in the forrest and the other half in the trenches. The elves in the forrest had finnaly found the Artillery pieces. They had already destroyed two of the four. But they were pinned.

One elf there was shot in the chest. He colapsed. Another elf checked on him and he was dead. The elves were not doing well. They had six elves left. They had enough to keep the enamy away, but not enough to destroy the Artillery pieces.

Back at the trench, Valdegerion was hunkered down. He was staring intently at a holo-comm waiting it to connect with Silwen's.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

OrdoSkitira

• Private
  • Mando nut!
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 02:46:37 PM »
OOC:Where am I then.
Vode'an guys vode'an.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
OOC:No clue,

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »
OOC: before i post again i have a quick question: didnt Arwen choose to be mortal, so she just died naturally? Couldnt Narwen do that if she wanted?

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 08:02:22 PM »
((Actually, no. You see, Arwen was half-elven, or rather, her father was, so she was given the choice of a mortal or immortal life, the Choice of the Half-Elven. Narwen, is a full elf, and is thus incapable of choosing a mortal life. The one exception to this rule was Luthien, who was given a second, ot rather, 'prolonged' mortal life by the Valar to be with her husband Beren. She could not go to the Halls of Mandos. It's screwed up, but since Tolkien wrote her as an exception, I'm keeping it that way. Any children Adenn and Narwen have, however, will have the Choice.))

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 08:18:46 PM »
OOC:Wait, so elves go to the Hall of Mandos when they die and get reincarnated with new life?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 08:20:40 PM »
OOC: shab, this story just became a lot more tragic...

"I understand, Father. Long have i worried about Narwen's future after my passing. I'm not quite sure what to say..."

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 08:30:17 PM »
((@Drake: New body, so basically, yes
   @N-11: Oh, yes. That's the suckish thing about marrying a High Elf. I'm considering her pulling a Turin, but no, he killed himself for all the wrong reasons. Heck, you know what? You decide!*shoves over notes on Narwen's possible fates*))

Turwaithion pulled out a pipe and lit is sombrely. "No one does, ion nin. Valar be willing, perhaps the manda your people believe in exists beyond the circles of the worlds. And perhaps Manwe shall grant Narwen mortality. I thought on this long ere you asked for her hand, and I admit, I have resigned myself to the fact that she has chosen the path that will maker her the happiest, no matter what. Better to have loved and lost, as a philosopher once said." Turwaithion sighed, blowing several smoke rings. It was never an easy thing for Turwaithion to think of what would happen to his daugher once Adenn died, and he knew that only Eru truly knew. With that, he closed his eyes and whispered a prayer to Varda.

-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »
OOC: *look through all notes about Narwen's fates* im holding out for Manwe to grant her mortallity, but if that doesnt work, then...well...Turin's choice seems pretty good to me. lol jk. oh and by the way, gtg. ill post tommorow. dont have the time now.

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »
((Um, if she killed herself, she'd just get a new body. Imaine how boring that would get. She could write a book on inventive suicide methods. Seeya.))

-Ron James