0 (0%)
Jaing Skirata
1 (2.4%)
Venku Skirata A.K.A. Kad Skirata
4 (9.5%)
Jaster Mereel
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: who is yer fav Mando  (Read 35142 times)

Laney97

Re: who is yer fav Mando
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
Some people may know I like Vau. If you don't well, here it is:

I voted for Vau.

Mandalore16

• Private
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »
voted for Venku.

Force useing mandos are cool!
My verp looks better then your verp.

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2012, 10:49:39 PM »
I';m my own favorite   :P
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2012, 04:15:44 AM »
You're my favourite too.   8)

(Along with Mereel, Krayt, Dar, and any other Mandos I've drawn...)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:28:24 PM by dredwulf60 »

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »
As of now my favorite Mando, as you can tell from my current avatar, is Durge. Though he wasn't technically a Mandalorian, he was trained by the famous Mandalorian warrior Jaing and was taught Mandalorian tactics. Durge even killed a Mandalore and fought in the New Sith Wars on the Sith side and survived. He later began to hate Mandalorians after they killed his mentor Jaing. In honor of his mentor he painted the Jaing skull insignia on his armor. He wanted to hunt Jango Fett but never got the chance, and joined the CIS, mostly because he would enjoy killing clone troopers because they were part of the Mandalorian legacy.

Second favorite is Jango, then Boba, then Jaster Mareel, then Montress.
*Text in my profile picture*

Durge: "You know, it's been over a century since I killed a Jedi… and today, I'll get to kill four of you. Add that to the Gungans I already murdered, the hostages I'm going to kill later, and all the Naboo who will die tomorrow, and it's a damn good week."

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2012, 08:55:26 AM »
So, your favorite is Jango then... Durge isn't and never was Mandalorian anymore than Jaina Solo who was also trained by Mandalorians.
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what the case is, it's hard for me to tell. Here's the article. He was defiantly more Mandalorian than Jaina anyway. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge

Durge: "You know, it's been over a century since I killed a Jedi… and today, I'll get to kill four of you. Add that to the Gungans I already murdered, the hostages I'm going to kill later, and all the Naboo who will die tomorrow, and it's a damn good week."

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »
But Durge hates Mandos! The only reason he joined the Separatists was so he could shoot Jango Fett 1.2 million times!

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what the case is, it's hard for me to tell. Here's the article. He was defiantly more Mandalorian than Jaina anyway. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge
What he is saying is that NEITHER of them are even remotely Mandalorian.
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2012, 09:45:34 PM »
I do like his mentor, the famous Jaing though.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2012, 02:30:20 AM »
Officially, Durge isn't Mando.  Never was.

However...
Durge was trained by Jaing, and was known as Jaing's apprentice.  The Attack of the Clones Visual Guide says that Boba was being trained as Jango's apprentice in the Mandalorian ways, which eventually got expanded on by Karen Traviss to show that Mando kids are apprenticed to their parents for training up until they're 13.  So there's that.  And throughout the Dark Horse Clone Wars comics, Durge has a pretty familiar-looking skull painted on his armor.  Yes, the EU can't get it's collective crap together and say 100% one way or the other whether the Mando skull is from the mythosaur or Jaing, but that's something to think about.

It could be that Durge was just interested in learning how to fight from somebody who was a master fighter, and ends up wearing the symbol out of respect for Jaing.  Which seems to be the current canon explanation.  But I think it could be argued that Durge was training to be a Mando when that got derailed by Jaing getting killed by a bunch of bad Mandos...he strikes back at the bad Mandalore...gets captured, tortured, and buried alive by other Mandos in response...and ends up the absolutely insane Mando-hating guy we all know and love.

Just putting that out there.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."