12 (22.2%)
Fi and Parja
14 (25.9%)
Atin and Lassema
8 (14.8%)
Merrel and thousends of other girls in the galaxy
13 (24.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Commandos and their girls  (Read 45108 times)

Anecdote

• Major
  • Molotov over here!
Re: Commandos and their girls
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 05:52:01 PM »
My favorite would be... Ordo and Besany.  :blush:
I really like the awkwardness of their relationship and their simple interactions. I think it's ... uhh ... sweet. lol
/end girly moment
"Blame for error always lies with those who act; those who do nothing, what do they have to be wrong about?"

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 09:50:10 AM »
When I read O66 I always had a feeling Ordo scared Besany... Anybody else think so?
THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE, BORN TO COMPETE NEVER RETREAT, GHOST DIVISION!!!

shola

• Major
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 10:20:47 AM »
I dont think Ordo scared Bessany until he killed the agent in front of her.  Up until that time the only fear she felt was the fear of emotion and relationships. Not a bad fear like totally fighting emotions and relationships, she wanted connections and family/love bonds,  but just the awkward geek "oh my gosh what do I do, I hope i dont screw itup" fear.  After the death in front of her eyes, she had to deal with that, her involvement, and put it into very plain black and white what exactly she was and what she was doing.  She came through that moment stronger and more loving than ever.  Faced herself and the consequences of her choices and actions and totally accepted it, embraced her love for ordo more than ever,accepted his entire being not only the softer affectionate side  and also acknowledged her love and devotion for her new family.  I imagine it must be comforting, to love and be loved by someone not only willing to kill to keep her safe, but more than able to do so, and yet still be able to keep the human connections together to be able to kill AND to love.
Dremel? Dremel?! Snort. Real Mandalorians do it with their teeth!

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:32 PM »
Thats the part which made me think that...

shola

• Major
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »
Sorry CroClone, after re-reading my post above I realized I didnt really answer the question you asked. Meant to, and that is what all that babbling was for, to set it up. here it is

Yes I believe she was afraid for that small bit of time but it passed. She grew stronger from it and grew to know ordo even more deeply and loved him more completely. No fear after that.

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »
I liked to think she was affraid. That puts more depth to characters. Makes things more complicated and tight.

Anecdote

• Major
  • Molotov over here!
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2009, 01:51:13 AM »
I liked to think she was affraid. That puts more depth to characters. Makes things more complicated and tight.
Or it makes her seem vulnerable, weak almost, like a victim. It seems to me that if she was truly afraid that he would harm her and still remained in that relationship then ... well. Words cannot describe how I feel about that, personally.

So. I'll skip that.

Instead I'll make mention that not everyone has the capacity to snuff out someone else's life, and not many people are willing or able to deal/interact with someone who can do so without pause (ie. the Nulls and most clones). Anyone who says that isn't scary is not someone to be trusted, imo.

Moving on, I agree wholeheartedly with shola's explanation. It applies, unless you meant afraid in a different sense. To me, I read it as a serious reality check for Besany. She wasn't faced with the whole of Ordo up until that point. And, to be honest, the whole of what it means to be Mandalorian.
"Blame for error always lies with those who act; those who do nothing, what do they have to be wrong about?"

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »
Does any of you ever think there is something really messed up in the minds of Ordo and Sev? Sometimes I cant help but wonder do they enjoy killing and are they mad or psychotic from so much killing. When Ordo snuffed that agent he practicly snuffed innocent man. Man was doing his duty. He didnt try to kill him or hurt him. And yet without any remorse Ordo snuffed him.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »
All in the training. Kal trained the Nulls to be comfortable with killing, and Sev juts picked up Vau's habits. Plus, Vau trained him that way, same with Kal and Ordo.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2009, 06:46:41 PM »
Does any of you ever think there is something really messed up in the minds of Ordo and Sev? Sometimes I cant help but wonder do they enjoy killing and are they mad or psychotic from so much killing. When Ordo snuffed that agent he practicly snuffed innocent man. Man was doing his duty. He didnt try to kill him or hurt him. And yet without any remorse Ordo snuffed him.

i dont believe so, Cro.  the reason Ordo killed that guy was because he was onto Besany, which could lead to their entire operation being uncovered. that could not happen.

thats a basic explanation for ya, lol.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

shola

• Major
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »

I dont know where you get that the agent was innocent.  He wasnt.  He would have compromised Kal's whole mission and caused bessany to be executed. Presented with a threat to both kal and bessany of course he would not have hesitated.  Yes it is in the training, but especially for the nulls it is in the genes too.

These are genetically modified, trained into overdrive COMMANDOS. They kill. Quickly, cleanly and no or little emotion about it. Why shocked? Because they also love, and experience joy, and are loyal friends? snort.  They are both.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
I dont know where you get that the agent was innocent.  He wasnt.  He would have compromised Kal's whole mission and caused bessany to be executed. Presented with a threat to both kal and bessany of course he would not have hesitated.  Yes it is in the training, but especially for the nulls it is in the genes too.

These are genetically modified, trained into overdrive COMMANDOS. They kill. Quickly, cleanly and no or little emotion about it. Why shocked? Because they also love, and experience joy, and are loyal friends? snort.  They are both.

thankyou, EQM Shola!!!

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

shola

• Major
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
you are welcome n-11 ordo.

Oh and croclone90  yes they are messed up.  It has been mentioned many times in the books, especially the Nulls.  Between the genetic tinkering, the constant threat of death until Kal showed up, the mad hyper training...the nulls are known as whackos, bonkers, psychos---they SCARE regular commandos. Regular commandos are a bit 'off' from the civilian ideal (haha) but ones such as SEV, they are way wacked. It varies. Training like that hell yeah they are on the nuts end of the scale.

Again I ask you why are you suprised? I am not trying to pick honest, but I am a bit bewildered.  It is a military story, with commandos.  they kill.

Anecdote

• Major
  • Molotov over here!
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2009, 03:16:05 AM »
I would be more worried if they actually enjoyed killing. From my understanding, they don't do most of their offing with emotion behind it. They just do what needs to be done, instead of ... 'savoring' the moment like a real whack job would. Not to say that Sev isn't not-right in the head, but counting kills while on a highly dangerous mission is a coping mechanism. If you look at the enemy as something less than yourself, it's easier to snuff them out. Doesn't make it right, but does make it easier.

SnakeEyes1

• Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2009, 10:24:33 AM »
1 word comes to mind about this and it's "Multicity" micheal keaton movie
I'm Just A Simple Man Making My Way

Alpha-17

• Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Darman and Etain.thats all i have to say(.i dont hate etain)
"They grow up loyal to the Republic, or they don't grow up at all,"

star wars battlefront 2 stats

player points/140942   Rank/general   Kills/60963  Death/3935   kill/death ratio/15.49   points per life/35
all medals legendary.

making insanity look easy one day at a time!

DNGr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2009, 03:53:55 PM »
Darman and Etain.thats all i have to say(.i dont hate etain)

I voted Darman and Etain, I dont know why the people hate her, she deserve all my respect, thats all i have to say :)

Im Dian'ika ^^
http://dianamuca.deviantart.com/ <-----my art!  ole! que arte tengo!

Alpha-17

• Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
i agree vode(she deserves respect,well some at least)all the others seemed hgood and all but their loved seemed more real too me(man i just sounded like a big girly girl)
"They grow up loyal to the Republic, or they don't grow up at all,"

star wars battlefront 2 stats

player points/140942   Rank/general   Kills/60963  Death/3935   kill/death ratio/15.49   points per life/35
all medals legendary.

making insanity look easy one day at a time!

TJCoop145

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »
I also voted Darman and Etain.  Mostly because their relationship resembles me and my gf's, and theirs seems the most real to me as well. 
Second I'd have to say goes to Ordo and Besany.  The way Besany sent cake to Ordo was pretty funny to me.  The way to get a clone is through his stomach. xD Also because they've been married for...I can't remember how long. A year? Two years?
Third is Atin and Laseema.  Atin isn't that open about their relationship, but you can tell it gives him something to live for.  Laseema honestly seems perfect for Atin.  He's tough, and, by the way she stood up to the guy in the bar, you can tell that she can be pretty tough.  She has good nurturing skills too, for all it's worth, seeing as she and Atin can't have kids.

Notice I left Mereel out. That's because he's the biggest playa.  And I hate playas.
Just kiddin'.  I do want to see Mereel eventually settle down with a girl he had to work hard to get.  ;)

Kalira

• OMNOMNOMNOM.
  • Commander
  • ~ Oya Ka'ra ~
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2009, 03:05:30 AM »
Fi is always my favorite, but for some reason I never liked the pairing with Parja. She's a bit of a cardboard character, and kind of...generic. When she showed up at the end of True Colors my response was something along the lines of "Who are you? Wait, you're the romantic interest? Lol, no thanks, come back with someone more interesting for Fi, he's waited too long to wind up with generic."

On my tolerant, accepting, willing-to-give-benefit-of-doubt days I suspect that's possibly because she was a character for so little time. But she always struck me as "Oh crap, I have three pages left and haven't paired Fi off yet, I'd better make a character solely for that purpose."

My vote was tied between Mereel's, uh..."pairing", and Atin's. There's something amusingly vindictive about a clone turning into a right little manwhore.

Oya Ka'ra
Signature by Laam'inui :heart:
ohaithar, mando'adiike.