Author Topic: What Starship Would You Have  (Read 67232 times)

Mark

• Commander
Re: What Starship Would You Have
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »
Okay, I decided to post the deckplans. If you play with the RPG or the minatures at all you can use this with them, if anyone REALLY wants it for that I release the individual pages. I designed this map around a three deck ship version of the one posted above. It carries a squad of 12 Rocket Jumpers, 4 Tactical Officers, and 2 Pilots. It has two Astromech units embarked aboard for navigation and coordination.

The forward cargo hold (forward is the left side of the map) has a door in the floor so the rocket troopers can jump straight down out of the ship, and two gunnary pods (top and bottom) for the era-equivalent of quad laser turrets. There's also a giant rotating turbolaser mounted on the bottom of the center section, but since there's no access to it I didn't list it. Midship houses special acceleration couches for the Rocket Jumpers - they can sit in these with their rocketpacks on, so they can fly into combat fuller armored up. It also has two boarding hatches extending out each side for space operations. In a rapid deployment situation, the Rocket Jumpers can deploy out of these doors as well as out of the front drop down hatch, letting them get into combat much more rapidly. Midship also houses the officers quarters for the tactical officers. the rear of the ship is the engine room with two main reactors and a turbolift!

The prupose of the turbolift (which may seem superfluous on a troop transport) is clear when you look at the second deck - which has a barracks styled layout for the rocket troopers to stay in. The problem is, there's no way they could navigate a ladder well with their gear on! So enter the turoblift so they can move down to their deployment areas.  (This is inspired by a real life naval story - on board the USS Hornet when the ship was being refit to house jet aircraft it was discovered that the pilots could not make the climb from their below decks quarters to the flight deck because the Hornet was a generation of ship that still housed pilots quarters under the hanger deck. As a result, an escalator was installed in the ships to help the pilots lift their heavy gear all the way up to the flight deck! I was also limited because the ship design in the image shows the engines on the lower deck.)

Forward of the rocket jumpers quarters is the tactical command center - this is for planning and coordinating missions and strikes, from the air. Think of this ship as a cross between a Blackhawk, an AC-130 Spectre Gunship, and an AWACs plane! There's a ladder well that leads up to the two pilot stations on the very top of the ship, and that's it!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
now I love that ship too...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Riotv2

• Captain
  • Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 12:19:54 AM »
hmmm this is a tough one. if i had to pick a command ship for my Clan...no contest

The Keldabe-class Battleship

personal use wise...

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

-------------------------------

Remember...the EU will be with you...always.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 02:18:36 PM »
no personal ship for interstellar travel? why?
It's Indiana Vlet!

AP-25037/1107(Tal Kyr'am)

• Ad'staabi'gaan Taa'taylir Sal'verd Laamyc'vhetin
  • Commander
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 05:06:48 PM »

Dibs on Ebon Hawk!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Son of Sal'verd Kyr'am, and Kurshy Kyr'am, Brother of Al'dinui Kyr'am, Corr Ordo, Payback, Kyr'am Parjai'Kote, SSG1, Anecdote, and Muun Kyr'am.

http://www.facebook.com/TalKyram

Riotv2

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 05:47:33 PM »
after the clone wars my char set out to locate the old members of the commando unit he led. (he is an ex jedi padawan who's main talent is a strong empathic sense. his other force skills were barely average. and he came to the order late after spending his childhood fending for himself on Nar shada.) after locating them he settled down on Mandalore and didn't involve himself in the affairs of the empire. When he did leav it wasn't alone and they utilized somone elses ship. Until the Vong attacked then he took up a salvaged Basalisk war droid he had stashed in a pirates cashe that he and his squad discovered after destroying the pirates during the Clone wars. During the war they hid alot of military hardware there the droid included. and gave the consignment to Boba Fett in order to defend their home.

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

Riotv2

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2009, 09:52:52 AM »
You know what, strike that i've recently been reminded of one of the ships (1 out of 8) that i used as my personal fighter when i played Galaxies.

The M22-t "Krayt" Gun Ship.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This thing was a freaking beast. (mine was yellow/black)

I used two custom made ion cannons to bring down shields and one custom laser cannon for the rest. I didn't use missiles in the game, never needed them and it was just extra weight. my turret was also a laser cannon for my gunner, when i had one.

All the parts for this Ship were built for me by a guild-mate. She was the Best ^^

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 08:31:28 AM »
Yup. 1 out of 8) is a good thing...

I (Ky'ram) have a YT-1930 (<--Depression date FTW!):

And I stole a TIE Phantom from the Empire in my later years, but it got blown up before I could get a holo of it...
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Darin Daru'Kasem

• I don't have a avatar because I can't find one nerdy enough
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »
Mine is somewhat Imaginary...

But on if these!

Riotv2

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2009, 03:45:05 PM »
Space combat was one of the only things i miss about Galaxies, it was far too repetative for me otherwise. Go here kill him, go there kill him, it took 10 mins to get there, half a sec to kill him.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »
Not sure how I missed this thread all this time.  Personally I'd take a Koensayr BTL-S3 Y-Wing with the gunner seat stripped out and instead replaced with added storage space, perhaps a small cooker and other stuff to increase pilot endurance (or at least as much as can be fitted into the space of a seat and control panel!); modified engines to improve performance and perhaps a weapon systems upgrade to increase firepower as well; all panels would still be in place and I might also have the cockpit modified so I have a clear section in the roof and perhaps door-section as well.  On top of that, I'd probably also fit a custom extra to the back of the craft in the form of a decoy-launcher pod to help confuse enemy scanners and torpedoes/missiles for when evasive flying is just not enough.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 04:28:14 PM »
Not sure how I missed this thread all this time.  Personally I'd take a Koensayr BTL-S3 Y-Wing with the gunner seat stripped out and instead replaced with added storage space, perhaps a small cooker and other stuff to increase pilot endurance (or at least as much as can be fitted into the space of a seat and control panel!); modified engines to improve performance and perhaps a weapon systems upgrade to increase firepower as well; all panels would still be in place and I might also have the cockpit modified so I have a clear section in the roof and perhaps door-section as well.  On top of that, I'd probably also fit a custom extra to the back of the craft in the form of a decoy-launcher pod to help confuse enemy scanners and torpedoes/missiles for when evasive flying is just not enough.

You mean like a Longprobe?
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
Not quite.  The Longprobe is based on the single seat A4, whereas my one would be converted from a two seat S3.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Ewokinarmor

• Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »
the SLAVE-I  all the way baby! W00t!!
YEAH NER VODE! i want that too!!!! 8) :blush: :D :P

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2010, 05:40:29 PM »
everyone wants ships they couldn't get...
It's Indiana Vlet!

Dha Galaar

• Private
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »
I would have a Muurian transport, a light freighter. While it is lacking in shields and armor it is heavily armed with two double laser cannon turrets, three laser cannons, and two proton torpedo launchers. It is also as fast as several starfighters. And in the tradition of frighters, mine would be moddified with heavier shields than the common Muurian and would have the fastest sublight and hiperdrive engines that I could get my hands on. It may not be much to look at but deffinatly packs a punch.  >:D
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2010, 01:37:14 PM »
If i had to have a SW canon ship id grab a CR25 Troop carrier
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR25_troop_carrier
The ones that Commandos use and you see every now and then in REPCOM

If not canon id have the Normandy II
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/SSV_Normandy_SR-2
Love that ship

jatne

• Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2010, 06:07:57 PM »
i like medium size ships like Slave 1, The Ebbon Hawk, and The Falcon.
but i really like the Outrider
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »
if I go YT-, I'd go 2000
It's Indiana Vlet!

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »
YT-1930, FTW!
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.