Names in Mando'a

<< < (49/116) > >>

Ruusaan:
Quote from: Prudii Skirata on November 25, 2007, 09:16:20 AM

cool thanks ner vod. I still don't get it though. I just need to find like a mandalorian name genorator or something. that would be really cool.

This is it, vod.

Mandalorian names in the RC books
Kal- Blade
Skirata- from skira, meaning settling scores, revenge, or feud
Atin- stubborn, tenacious, capable of endurance
A'den-  wrath or rage
Darman- no longer mando (I think that's what she was meaning in the books??)

I only included the ones I could find translations for, but there's also Ordo, Mereel, Jaing, Walon Vau, and Rav Bralor.

~*Ruusaan <><

Etyc_Gorkal:
Oooo, can I join?  I used to know Sindarin and some Quenya, but not anymore...and I know plenty of Mando'a!  I'll agree, this is the closest you can get to a Mando name generator besides KT herself - and she doesn't have the time to do that.

My name, Brandon, means either (interchangable) "light on a hill" or "sword of flame," so technically my name should be either Tracynkad or Bralnau'ul, but I chose a different one: Etyc - filthy.  My SW clan name is Gor'kal, Bladesmith, since my family (in SW) forges swords and knives and whatnot, and armor too.

Hmm, bral...I think that's probably what Rav'ika's name comes from.

Ruusaan:
Quote from: Etyc_Gorkal on November 27, 2007, 03:09:26 AM

Oooo, can I join?  I used to know Sindarin and some Quenya, but not anymore...and I know plenty of Mando'a!  I'll agree, this is the closest you can get to a Mando name generator besides KT herself - and she doesn't have the time to do that.

My name, Brandon, means either (exchangable) "light on a hill" or "sword of flame," so technically my name should be either Tracynkad or Bralnau'ul, but I chose a different one: Etyc - filthy.  My SW clan name is Gor'kal, Bladesmith, since my family (in SW) forges swords and knives and whatnot, and armor too.

Hmm, bral...I think that's probably what Rav'ika's name comes from.

Be our guest, vod. Awesome! Another LotR geek! ^_^ Any particular reason why you chose Etyc?

~*Ruusaan <><

Etyc_Gorkal:
If only LotR had become as expansive as SW...

Etyc was chosen for it's...uniqueness, I guess - everyone says their name is "Killer" or "Sword" or similar, so I chose something special, different.  I explain it in SW by saying that he was born a little dirty and bloody, and also never gave a crap when he got dirty after hunting on Dxun.

Darman911:
Hey, sorry to bug you again but what is Theresa and Daniel mean in Mando'a?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page