Clones & Star Wars > Mandalorians

Names in Mando'a

<< < (49/118) > >>

Ruusaan:

--- Quote from: Prudii Skirata on November 25, 2007, 09:16:20 AM ---cool thanks ner vod. I still don't get it though. I just need to find like a mandalorian name genorator or something. that would be really cool.

--- End quote ---

This is it, vod.

Mandalorian names in the RC books
Kal- Blade
Skirata- from skira, meaning settling scores, revenge, or feud
Atin- stubborn, tenacious, capable of endurance
A'den-  wrath or rage
Darman- no longer mando (I think that's what she was meaning in the books??)

I only included the ones I could find translations for, but there's also Ordo, Mereel, Jaing, Walon Vau, and Rav Bralor.

~*Ruusaan <><

Etyc_Gorkal:
Oooo, can I join?  I used to know Sindarin and some Quenya, but not anymore...and I know plenty of Mando'a!  I'll agree, this is the closest you can get to a Mando name generator besides KT herself - and she doesn't have the time to do that.

My name, Brandon, means either (interchangable) "light on a hill" or "sword of flame," so technically my name should be either Tracynkad or Bralnau'ul, but I chose a different one: Etyc - filthy.  My SW clan name is Gor'kal, Bladesmith, since my family (in SW) forges swords and knives and whatnot, and armor too.

Hmm, bral...I think that's probably what Rav'ika's name comes from.

Ruusaan:

--- Quote from: Etyc_Gorkal on November 27, 2007, 03:09:26 AM ---Oooo, can I join?  I used to know Sindarin and some Quenya, but not anymore...and I know plenty of Mando'a!  I'll agree, this is the closest you can get to a Mando name generator besides KT herself - and she doesn't have the time to do that.

My name, Brandon, means either (exchangable) "light on a hill" or "sword of flame," so technically my name should be either Tracynkad or Bralnau'ul, but I chose a different one: Etyc - filthy.  My SW clan name is Gor'kal, Bladesmith, since my family (in SW) forges swords and knives and whatnot, and armor too.

Hmm, bral...I think that's probably what Rav'ika's name comes from.

--- End quote ---

Be our guest, vod. Awesome! Another LotR geek! ^_^ Any particular reason why you chose Etyc?

~*Ruusaan <><

Etyc_Gorkal:
If only LotR had become as expansive as SW...

Etyc was chosen for it's...uniqueness, I guess - everyone says their name is "Killer" or "Sword" or similar, so I chose something special, different.  I explain it in SW by saying that he was born a little dirty and bloody, and also never gave a crap when he got dirty after hunting on Dxun.

Darman911:
Hey, sorry to bug you again but what is Theresa and Daniel mean in Mando'a?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version