Author Topic: Names in Mando'a  (Read 448916 times)

ickx

• Private Recruit
Re: Names in Mando'a
« Reply #580 on: October 19, 2015, 03:29:24 PM »
Hello !
I see it's been a while since anyone asked help here but I will still have a try. So can anyone give me hand with names. My names mean: constant, steadfast, durable, stable, thriving :). Thanks

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #581 on: October 20, 2015, 05:45:04 PM »
Well, I'd go with Ruusaan. Traditional name, pretty much the same meaning. "Reliable One".
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

ickx

• Private Recruit
« Reply #582 on: October 21, 2015, 04:51:54 PM »
Thank you ! I know the gender is not really important ... but when it comes to names i guess it might be. And i think Ruusaan is more like a female name :D. Maybe ickx doesn't say much, but I am a male.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:45:54 PM by ickx »

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #583 on: October 21, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »
Yes, Ruusaan is usually a female name. Not always, but usually. Mando'a doesn't always care about gender, lots of the terms are applicable to both sexes.

Another option that doesn't have the female connection would be "Ruusaar". Generally the same meaning: Foundation. And obviously born out of the same root concepts as Ruusaan is. :)

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

ickx

• Private Recruit
« Reply #584 on: October 21, 2015, 05:15:14 PM »
Vor'e Captain !

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
« Reply #585 on: March 09, 2016, 08:57:46 PM »
Does anyone have any good Mandalorian names that start with a "D", preferably one word? I'm trying to think of a really good name for my Bounty Hunter player character that I'm making for Star Wars: The Old Republic. His backstory that I came up with for him in my head is that he's a Mandalorian.
*Text in my profile picture*

Durge: "You know, it's been over a century since I killed a Jedi… and today, I'll get to kill four of you. Add that to the Gungans I already murdered, the hostages I'm going to kill later, and all the Naboo who will die tomorrow, and it's a damn good week."

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #586 on: March 10, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »
Demagol :D

but for real, there's not too many that would be positive that I can think of

there's Dha'ward, but other than that you have fun words like late, scorn, stinky... D is apparently not a very friendly letter

Davaab?
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!