Author Topic: ~In the Service of the King~ The Napoleonic Wars as told by the 136th  (Read 23301 times)

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
Re: ~In the Service of the King~ The Napoleonic Wars as told by the 136th
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 12:04:49 AM »
OOC: lets go with Westmorland. it sounds cool, lol. :P

"Formerly of Westmorland, sir!"

He shifted the musket on his back.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 12:18:10 AM »
Charles cocked an eyebrow in suprise. A northern Englishman indeed. Well, suprises came in many forms. "Very good, Lieutenant. Do you have any prior combat experience?" Goddington asked, hoping his subordinates were more competent than he.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 01:50:33 AM »
Nathan looked down shamefully.

"No sir, only brawling with other men."

He looked up, and could tell from the Captain's look that none of them had any combat expierience. Great.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 09:28:42 AM »
"Kruick. I am assuming since I'm the only survivor from the last battle, I'm the only one with any combat experiance?"Dem asked to no one in particular. He abruptly turned to where the men were.

"HEY, LISTEN UP! WHO HERE HAS ACTUAL COMBATE EXPERIANCE?"Dem's voice thundered over the ship. When no one spoke up or raised their hand Dem cures again.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »
"We have only just been raised. The only soldiers in this Regiment to have seen service saw it in the Jacobite Rising on 1745. As far as I know, only Lieutenant Colonel Pierce and Major Edwards have seen such action." Charles pointed out. "The 136th is not some major regiment. We were founded scarcely a hundred years ago." He explained, reminding Lieutenant Valdiner of the state of the troops, training, and reputation of the regiment.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 11:59:47 AM »
"With all do respect sir, shout that to the enamy when half our men are dead and the other half are running away in fright." Dem said. He looked back over his shoulder at the notly assortment of men they had.

"Kruick, I'm going to end up training these men properly." He commented. He looked over at the two of them.

"Well, how many men have both of you killed?" He asked flatly.

"And yes, it does pertain to our current state of afairs, and before you ask, I've killed enough men to have lost count."

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »
"One." Charles said bluntly, preffering not to go into detail with a man he scarecly knew.

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 12:15:21 PM »
"Duel, murder, or self-defense?" Dem asked bluntly.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »
"A Duel." Goddington said harshly. Valdiner would get honest answers or nothing, but he felt that the Lieutenant would dismiss any kill short of pitched battle. His reputation would be safe.

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 12:40:05 PM »
"Over a women." Dem filled in.

"Well, all that tells me is that you won't break down crying after your next kill. But in battle it's either murder or self defense, never anything as chivoulrus as a duel." He turned to the third-in-command.

"And you?" He asked.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »
((Interesting. Poland srved with Napoleon during the wars....))

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 03:23:57 PM »
OOC:Dem was born/grew up and has the most ties in Britan. He has more reason to held Britan. Also, he was in the British millitary since before the war.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 08:57:20 PM »
((Right, then. OK.))

-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »
"I have killed three. One in self defense from a drunken man with a knife, one in an accident while fighting over a woman, and the third a thief trying to rob my home."

Nathan thought back to those times. He remembered each one perfectly. It did not bother him like it did others. Killing didnt bother him at all. Another reason for joining the army.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 08:38:52 AM »
"Well then, now that that's dealt with. Shall we go greet the men?" Dem asked.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 05:53:31 PM »
"I expect that Major Johnston will want us to report, but the company should know its Officers, yes." He said, moving to the deck hatch. "I trust you can make a half-decent introduction, Lieutenant Valdiner?" He asked, looking over his shoulder.

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 08:28:22 PM »
OOC: What do you mean by that?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »
((Talk to the men, then report to our CO))

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 09:49:57 AM »
OOC: Tell me if this is good.

Dem simply nodded. He walked over to a spot where everyman could see him.

"ATTENTION!" He roared at them. Almost all of them got slowly and didn't salught.. A few got up quickly and salughted. Dem made a mental note of who they were.

"At ease." He said salugting back to the small group.

"I am Leuitenant Demitry Valdeneir. I will be your second-in-command and weaponsmaster. I will be the one making sure you follow orders and have a weapon in your hands. We will be commanded By Captin Goddington, who will in turn report to Major Johnston. Any question?" He asked grufly.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:30:55 PM by Drake Vhett »

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 07:50:46 PM »
Before Dem asked for questions, Nathan also shouted his bit.

"And I am Leuitenant Nathan Gripton. I will be helping Leuitenant Valdeneir, and also taking some of you boys into the fray against the Toads."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 03:49:33 PM by N-11 Commander Ordo »

Find an excuse to win.