Author Topic: Mass Effect (1 & 2)(&3)  (Read 97596 times)

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
Mass Effect (1 & 2)(&3)
« on: August 13, 2009, 02:17:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure most of you guys have heard of this game, and if you haven't, you should definitely try it out some time. In my opinion, it's about the best RPG that has ever launched for the XBOX, and PC I spose, because of just all the different aspects they brought into the game. The game just rocks in general, and then there's a second one coming out early next year. I can't wait at all, especially with the major plot twist you can see from the teaser trailers that are out so far.

What do you guys think?  :yummy:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:48:02 AM by Mereel Skirata »

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
Re: Mass Effect (1 & 2)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:44:36 AM »
I've been looking recently into getting Mass Effect for my 360 as I enjoyed KotOR and from the videos I've watched it looks like a good game.  I know a couple of places I can get it fairly cheap so when I next get the chance to go shopping in the city centre (which I'm hoping will be before the end of the week) I'll probably buy it.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

IC-1989

• Brothers All Archiver
  • Commander
  • Warning! Commando At Work!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:17:58 AM »
Like I said before: Mass Effect is great game but certainly not the best. I think it get's boring after a while... Where I'm really looking forward to is Assassins Creed 2 > but that's another topic. :D

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:03 PM »
It had a thrilling story, but all of the UCW missions were repetitious.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Anecdote

• Major
  • Molotov over here!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »
Do you mean UNC missions? UNC = uncovered. UCW.... doesn't exist.  :P

I felt Assassin's Creed was relatively boring after a while, but that's just me.

Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite games. It hits just the right amount of "epic space adventure," whether or not I just stick to the main plot line. Plus I love the dialogue wheel, and the tough choices they give Commander Shepard during missions. There are no pure-good or pure-evil choice, which makes the game remarkable in my mind.
"Blame for error always lies with those who act; those who do nothing, what do they have to be wrong about?"

Darin Daru'Kasem

• I don't have a avatar because I can't find one nerdy enough
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 01:33:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure most of you guys have heard of this game, and if you haven't, you should definitely try it out some time. In my opinion, it's about the best RPG that has ever launched for the XBOX, and PC I spose, because of just all the different aspects they brought into the game. The game just rocks in general, and then there's a second one coming out early next year. I can't wait at all, especially with the major plot twist you can see from the teaser trailers that are out so far.

What do you guys think?  :yummy:

I personally would love to play in. Among a Billion other M rated games, but... Well... I can't. SOOO... I'll just have to wait.  :ouch:

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 02:05:02 PM »
I went and bought Mass Effect today and I am seriously enjoying what I've played so far.  Right up until my 360 crashed during a loading screen.  It's not enough to put me off playing it though, and I look forward to getting deeper into the story.

Anecdote

• Major
  • Molotov over here!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »
I went and bought Mass Effect today and I am seriously enjoying what I've played so far.  Right up until my 360 crashed during a loading screen.  It's not enough to put me off playing it though, and I look forward to getting deeper into the story.

I suggest saving often, ESPECIALLY before elevators on Noveria. The game is notorious for locking up on that planet so remember to save.
"Blame for error always lies with those who act; those who do nothing, what do they have to be wrong about?"

IC-1989

• Brothers All Archiver
  • Commander
  • Warning! Commando At Work!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »
I felt Assassin's Creed was relatively boring after a while, but that's just me.

Agreed > But it has less talking and more action...

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 07:06:30 PM »
I use UCW for UnCharted Worlds, becaue UNC doesn't put the "Worlds" it.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Anecdote

• Major
  • Molotov over here!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 09:41:01 PM »
Agreed > But it has less talking and more action...
Well if you don't play games for story, don't play BioWare's games. They're all about story, and that usually means all about lots of talking.

Darin Daru'Kasem

• I don't have a avatar because I can't find one nerdy enough
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 09:00:20 AM »
Personally I love games that have very good story's, I.E Portal, and amazing game. And games that have plenty of talking.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 09:09:06 AM »
I suggest saving often, ESPECIALLY before elevators on Noveria. The game is notorious for locking up on that planet so remember to save.
This is why I love games with autosaves.  I'll try to remember to save after every major event I go through that doesn't autosave.  By the way, I'm only at the Citadel at the moment, and have just become a Spectre.

Personally I love games that have very good story's, I.E Portal, and amazing game. And games that have plenty of talking.
I agree.  The depth of the story is definitely a big influence on how enjoyable a game is for me.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »
Just completed Noveria and it never locked up once.  In fact, the only time I had to rely on a save there was the first time I faced Matriarch Benezia.

I'm now in Ilos trying to find a way past those doors at the start.  I also completed the romance sub plot with Ashley before arriving.

EDIT

Just completed Mass Effect and I am so ready for the sequel now.  I must say that normally I'm not really an RPG fan, but BioWare ones I just love.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:13:14 AM by flyboy424 »

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
I must complete Illos one day. I have done every single possible side quest a Paragon with the Survivor and Paragon-sided Background( The one where you grew up on ships since your parents where in the Alliance millitary) and a Ashley romace sub-plot. Now I just have to do Illos.

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 02:21:44 AM »
I just finished my playthrough, doing just about every single side quest and finally getting the Completion achievement where you finish the majority of the game  :blush: I've played this through I don't know how many times, and I finally got it. I ended up doing the Liara romance sub-plot because I flubbed something with Ashley. [/sigh] xD Tali by far is my favorite character though, and I just couldn't refuse to help her with her pilgrimage even if the mission was extremely irritating.

Anyways, Ilos is just annoying. Especially with the Geth Primes, they are a pain to deal with. I just hacked all the armatures. Engineer ftw.  :yummy:

I'm thinking on either playing it through again and getting the Level 60 achievement, or playing through as a female Shepard this time. Haven't done it yet. My brother has, and I can tell you the voice actor for the female Shepard is much better at her job than the one for the male Shepard.  :bored:

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 04:33:54 AM »
I started a new game yesterday as an infiltrator class with the intention of completing all side quests, getting the level 60 achievement, getting the achievement for a second playthrough and I guess any others I didn't get, except all the biotic ones and some of the squad member ones which I'll have to get in another playthrough.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 01:57:23 PM »
I finished my charcter 100%(he was the class that is a Biotic/Tech person and I gave him the Assult Rifle training after getting the 150 kill acheivement.) Today I finished the romance sub-plot with Ashley(Acheviment Unlocked), finished the game( acheveiment unlocked), and got the scheviment for completing the game with more sheild damage then health damage( Tactician acheveiment unlocked). I will nab the level 60 acheveiment, the krogan/turian allie acheviements, and nab the renegade acheveiment. If you can, I strongly suggest getting the "Bringing Down the Sky" DLC. It is worth it just for getting to see Balarians.

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 02:49:43 PM »
I've had Bring Down The Sky, I got it the second it came out.

I could never bring myself to use an assault rifle, just didn't work for me. I've always gone pistol or shotgun. Don't even mention sniper rifle, I can't aim with that thing. Anyways, for my next playthrough I'm going to be an Adept, full biotic, with the additional ability of overload. Overload is a real life saver. Anyways, If you guys haven't, you should see to finishing the side quest on the Earth's moon because of the.. class specialization you get for for completing it.

I'm probably going to go Renegade this time around, but.. I've always been a good guy, no matter what game.  :grr:

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 04:25:56 PM »
There's talk of a new "Fight Club Gambling Arena Spact Station" DLC in the mix for Mass Effect 1.