Author Topic: Mass Effect (1 & 2)(&3)  (Read 120111 times)

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
Re: Mass Effect (1 & 2)
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »
That sounds awesome, but I've been watching Mass Effect 2 for a while now. They've revealed two new characters so far: Thane and Grunt. Thane sounds like fun to have around, mainly because he's the deadliest assassin in the galaxy.  :yummy:

Grunt though.. It says he's irrationally violent. I have a feeling we aren't going to get along. xD

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »
Hmm, like a more unstable version of Wrex. Well, I hope we get to bring more than 2 squad members with us. We could have massive land battles with our entire team! Ah, if I could have taken everyone in the first game with me, [spoiler]Kaiden wouldn't have died[/spoiler].

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 11:03:23 PM »
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!: Proceed with caution.

[spoiler]I almost always went to save Kaidan.. My squad almost always consists of tech people. So, it would usually be between Tali, Garrus, or Kaidan. I never really brought Ashley along for much anyways..[/spoiler]

Anyways, I highly doubt you will see most people from the first game. [spoiler]Ashley and Kaiden probably won't be there because you have to redshirt one of them. Wrex probably won't be there because you have the choice of killing him.[/spoiler] Garrus may or may not be there. The way you talk to him really ends up shaping what he's going to do after your mission's over, he tells you. Tali, well.. She's probably going to stay with the Quarian Flotilla. Liara, I suspect will be in this game. It's just a feeling.

Oh, and according to what BioWare revealed at E3.. [spoiler]the Normandy goes BOOM.[/spoiler]

EDIT: And on the note of more than 2 squad mates, I doubt it. They made combat much more complex. And from what I've seen, it's still a 3 member squad going out to fight. However, I know you can have massive battles now. ;]

They added a new heavy weapon category. The ammo is limited, but they are deadly. So, I'm guessing that has to mean something, no?  :yummy:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:09:23 PM by ExoProto »

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 01:22:39 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but I just proved myself wrong about Tali. :'D

Look : Click

At 0:32, if you look on thr right, you should see a familiar face. ;D

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »
Just watched the video highlight of Gamescon in Germany on Inside Xbox and got some snippets of info on Mass Effect 2.  The developers said the 2 most commonly asked questions at the show were Will there be faster elevators? and Will there be alien love scenes? and the answer to both was yes.  They also said that combat system has been improved upon and feels much more like a conventional shooter, and the AI has also been tweaked to improve its reactions.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »
BioWare just released the second DLC for Mass Effect, Pinnacle Station.  Here is the official description:

Test the limits of your combat prowess aboard a remote, top-secret Alliance space station. Do you have what it takes to hold the top spot amongst the best of the best? This module includes a new land-able space station, 13 exciting combat scenarios, and approximately 2-3 hours of game play. Required: you must achieve Spectre status before embarking on this mission.

I don't have either Bring Down the Sky or Pinnacle Station, and only enough MS points for 1 of them at the moment so it would be nice if someone else could give their opinion on which is better if possible.

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 02:06:04 PM »
I just saw that, but I don't have the MS points to get it for now. I have Bring Down The Sky, do you want a basic rundown of it? I can't compare the two until I get the new DLC, and I'm not sure if I'm even getting it.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 05:14:07 PM »
I would go with Pinnical station.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 05:39:02 AM »
I tried playing the game for the first time before 2 days... Its quite nice, but it seemed to me like it just flyed by... I think I am quite near the end with almost 90% of sidequests done...
THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE, BORN TO COMPETE NEVER RETREAT, GHOST DIVISION!!!

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 12:02:21 PM »
Because I'm a curious little bugger, i went and bought Mass Effect Galaxy on my iTouch. I find it worthwhile, mainly because now I know two other characters that are going to be in Mass Effect 2. Jacob Taylor and Miranda. I don't know Miranda's last name.. She's very hushidy hush; If anything, I think she's one of the galaxies top spies by the way she spoke. Anyways, Jacob is just another hero for the alliance.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 05:17:33 PM »
Some snippets of gameplay from PAX:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-09-mass-effect/55644

Looks like the HUD has changed from the first game.  I think the reloading system for overheating is much better then the basic cooldown one from before.

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 11:18:42 PM »
Oi, they revealed another character recently. Subject Zero, they have the video on her up on the Mass Effect site, but be advised, it does have swearing.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 03:27:27 PM »
Can we get a link?

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 03:54:33 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/subject-zero-mass-effect/56983

From the trailer it looks like Subjet Zero is one of the people you can filfil the romance subplot with.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 04:41:15 PM »
Number 2 seems to be much more gritty.

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2009, 10:12:28 AM »
I dont like where they are going with ME2... I saw the recent trailer with some aggressive, bald girl that goes around saying "Fu.k" all the time... They are also making the game to violent... It seems to me this one wont hold a candle to first... I am just predicting a huge disapointment for me... But I guess it wont be a dissapointment if I already know it wont be good...

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »
Both ME and ME2 have been rated M, and the storyline is that Shepard has to side with baddest of the bad which makes sense for the insane, and in this case, more than normal aggressive characters. The game isn't made for kids, hence the M rating. For me, so long as the story is good, I don't mind at all. So if you don't like violent games, you'd probably want to steer clear of ME 2 from what they've shown so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game isn't as violent as it seems. Hyping is just one way to get across to gamers that like the more violent games (Gears of War, anyone?). I don't see BioWare not balancing out the violence with more tamed characters, we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, it's keeping my attention. I like games where everyone isn't "perfect" and well-mannered.  :blush:

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2009, 07:44:36 PM »
These new an different characters will only add to the Mass Effect world. The books even showed a very gritty side.

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
There is really no need for that... I understand they were going a bit edgy with strip clubs and love scenes in the first... But it wasnt anything explict and there is no need for violence or explict things... What they are doing right now is a straightforward ruing of the fine beggining... What could have been awesome trilogy is turning into a great game with a bad sequel... I am really hoping they dont mess everything up... I miss days of NES and SNES... Back when Mario was the man... Every game today is just kill, kill, slaughter, kill, decapitate, dismemeber, kill, kill, anihilate and then kill some more... I am sick of games and gamers today...

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 12:04:38 AM »
I am just predicting a huge disapointment for me... But I guess it wont be a dissapointment if I already know it wont be good...

Im sorry Cro but I have to ask...is EVERYTHING in life a disapointment to you???

I am sick of games and gamers today...

Us too??.....
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)