Author Topic: Mass Effect (1 & 2)(&3)  (Read 120112 times)

CroClone90

• Major
Re: Mass Effect (1 & 2)
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2009, 06:17:13 AM »
Just the recent games... I am one player who wants to be entertained when playing a game and not depressed. Dont take anything personally. I mean... Can they make one freaking game where there is no war? Where the world isnt ending? Where you dont have to be bad guy? Where they say "fu.k" so many times its really pointless? And players today just say "MORE, MORE!!!"...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:19:28 AM by CroClone90 »
THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE, BORN TO COMPETE NEVER RETREAT, GHOST DIVISION!!!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »
Buy a freaking Wii and shut the hell up. Seriously, go grumble in the corner while people whi actually like this game talk. Constantly we ask you to leave gaming topics such as this because we don't want to wade through all of your whinning.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »
Funny you say that... I have a Wii... Losing temper are we? And I liked the game... I just hate what they are doing with sequel. I would give it 8/10 but a sequel seems 3/10 at best... There is really no point in getting angry over internet discussion. You cant possibly tell me that that over the top violence and a really unrealistic swearing looks better then original Mass Effect. And what the hell is with lighting? It looks like a freaking Dead Space and not a space opera...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:47:49 AM by CroClone90 »

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2009, 01:53:08 PM »
Oi, there's no need to start jumping at each others throats just because of disagreements. I see where Cro is coming from, and he's pretty damn right. Gaming consoles like the XBOX360 and the PS3 are releasing games that are more or less along the point of senseless violence with a plot stuck to it. It's not trying to corrupt children, that's why there are ratings, but to actually maintain the players that actually like the more violent games. Either way, it's not going to change any time soon for the XBOX or PS3 even if parents complain. That's probably why the Wii is more popular with families; it's family oriented.

Now, like I had said before, BioWare is probably just trying to reel in more players by adding more violence that suits the more older players. I know my dad hated Mass Effect just because there was a lot of dialogue involved and not full-on action, but you have to understand that the reason there is the violence and swearing is because the game is meant to be like that in this case. How many well mannered criminals have you heard of? Not too many, and then there are the full-blown psychos. Personally, I think it just adds to the realism of the situation Shepard is going into.

P.S - Pff, it looks no where near what Dead Space is like. Trust me, I've played it.  :shock:

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2009, 02:22:54 PM »
But there was no such violence or explict content in original... Why is it important to blow off fans of original for people who just want violence? Isnt there enough games for them? I want to play something I can actually enjoy and not be shocked by it...

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »
You must have played as a Paragon character, then. The Renegade character sees the majority of the violence and the swearing, but even then there was still violence and swearing in the original game itself. For all we know, being a renegade or a paragon could have a similar course in the second game.

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »
Just the recent games... I am one player who wants to be entertained when playing a game and not depressed. Dont take anything personally. I mean... Can they make one freaking game where there is no war? Where the world isnt ending? Where you dont have to be bad guy? Where they say "fu.k" so many times its really pointless? And players today just say "MORE, MORE!!!"...

War, Worlds Ending, Morally Confused Hero's... These are the problems that make a these particular genres of games great.

If you don't like it, I can understand that, you don't have to look at it, there are plenty of games out there that do not have any of these things in them. But if you want a realistic (realistic being a relative term here) game and then you complain about it having "depressing" themes in it I really can't sympathize with you.

But there was no such violence or explict content in original... Why is it important to blow off fans of original for people who just want violence? Isnt there enough games for them? I want to play something I can actually enjoy and not be shocked by it...

I beg to differ. In the first mass effect There are multiple accounts of murder, attempted murder, sex, sexual themes, war-like skirmishes, expletives (though no F-bombs), blood, theft, genocide and plenty of other things that your complaining about being in the sequel.

Again, I'm having a hard time sympathizing with you.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:41:35 PM by Daethus Talo »

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2009, 05:17:19 PM »
Sure there were some things that were a bit pushed in the first but everything that was kind of pushy in the first is now tottaly over the top and explict. I am not fan of realistic games. I didnt consider Mass Effect realistic... Thats why I liked it... It was sort of an space advanture. There was no red blood (white stuff from synthetics isnt bad at all), there was no cursing and sexual content was very mild and I didnt felt like it was forced...

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
I don't think you can say that with great certainty in till you play the game, instead of basing your judgment on one trailer.

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »
I don't think you can say that with great certainty in till you play the game, instead of basing your judgment on one trailer.
Agreed.

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 02:32:56 AM »
Few trailers actually...

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 03:37:13 PM »
From almost every game topic we know that CroClone likes to bash games just based on the trailers.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »
Oh cmmon... I had good arguments everytime I would say something... Dont be a fanboy...

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
ME2 has a small comic that's now on the website. It has me convinced that Liara is also in ME2. I love Liara.  :blush:

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »
Oh cmmon... I had good arguments everytime I would say something... Dont be a fanboy...
Drakes not being a "fanboy" hes simply stating that in almost EVERY video game topic we have made you have said you hated it or that it sucked.....
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2009, 10:19:50 PM »
and usually before it's out...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
Look Cro its not that we dont appreciate you or your opinions its just that......It can get a little annoying......I understand you dislike quite alot of the stuff ((I also dislike the fact that video games swear excessively but i still play them for fun...)) what im trying to say is that we make these threads to talk about the game in a good light ((ussally)) and it puts a damper on our threads if you dislike the game just make a thread for it and why you dislike it  ;)

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »
Well... I didnt trashed RC or first Mass Effect. I also didnt trash Call of Duty... I just said it was not moral thing to do from the side of the developers... But isnt the whole point of this to discuss pros and cons? Isnt it kinda pointless to have everyone just say "Its awesome" or "Its gonna be awesome" and then next guy says "Yeah!"... I just said what I regarded as cons... Sure... Graphics are out of this world and there is a chance it could be quite fun... But I am strongly against darker themes... The first was dark enough (in my opinion)... Wouldnt you like it more if it had lush forests, beautifull planets filled with colors? You remamber Virimire from the first? That planet looked like Hawaii... It was a joy to just drive through there... And now... Every planet they show is just a pile of ruins, full of fire and brimstone with flames just crossing through the sky... Can you honestly tell me that doesnt depresses you?

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 12:28:37 PM »
True....however in the first Modern Warfare 2 thread your discussion about how it was not "morally right" got the thread closed....((And I admit other people including me did not help the problem)) and I guess in a way its true...but I mean....Youve been on the "Con" Side for...MW2.....ME2......and a couple others....and you tend to get in peoples faces ((so to speak)) about why or how the game stinks.....About the dead planet stuff......Sadly Cro I have enough going on in my life to occupy my attention on whether or not the video games I play are "morally Right" or have lush planets......((Im pretty sure James Camerons Avatar Game will have something like that...)) but usually when I play a game its just to veg out....

CroClone90

• Major
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »
I have been on the con side of ME2 and MW2... But I have also been on the pros side of RC, ME and Rome... And why do we always write about big releases? Why dont we ever mention great games that go unnoticed? Did any of you even play Call of Juarez 2, or No More Heroes or The Witcher? I am serious... All we talk about is Halo this, Halo that...