Author Topic: Clone Armor Color  (Read 27075 times)

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
Clone Armor Color
« on: August 23, 2009, 07:36:55 PM »
Alright folks, here's the deal: Last night I was playing RepCom again and I found the online play stuff, where you can customize your RC "gladiator's" armor coloring. Well, on that list of options it has the different armor colorings that denote MOS (job), but it doesn't say what Boss' orange armor means. I know that Boss is Delta Squad's Melee Expert, so is that it? I've searched the pages of the forum and done multiple searches, including on Wookieepedia, but to haven't found all of that I am looking for. If anyone can tell me that, as well as any other Commando armor color meanings I would be greatful. Here's a list of what I have so far:

Orange: Melee?
Red: Sniper Corps
Green: Ranger Corps
Yellow & Black: Sapper Corps (Demolitions)
Blue: Recon
Black: Stealth Ops
Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?! - Gimli, LOTR
In Kenpo, we often are told that our techniques are overkill, we believe that they are overskill.
Scorch: "I've got a bad feeling about this" as he steps on top of a land mine; palm to visor!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: Clone Armor Color
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
It's more the personal choice of the commando and what terrain they mainly deploy on and if they can get new armor from Procurment, or thier hands on a can of paint.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:44:24 PM »
Ok, well, same kind of question next: what do the armor colorings of the different clone unit symbolize. i.e. Why does the 501st have blue markings? etc
Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?! - Gimli, LOTR
In Kenpo, we often are told that our techniques are overkill, we believe that they are overskill.
Scorch: "I've got a bad feeling about this" as he steps on top of a land mine; palm to visor!

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »
Blue means, They are the 501st

Its legion identification

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »
they're blue cause Rex likes blue, and he's in charge.  :P
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »
What?! So it's all based on the CO's preferences?! There's no actual method to the madness, I would think that the GAR would have at leastsome reason for the colorings.

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:22:15 PM »
No, Vlet, its not

RC-1990. Read my post

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 06:28:24 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa. Hold on, folks, Rex's only in charge of Torrent Company, not the whole 501st! That's Appo's duty...

899 is right. Legion identification.

In Cloak of Darkness, how did we know those troopers were 41st Elite? Because of their markings. How do we know that the men under Cody's control are 212th? By their armor schemes. So, it's legion identification, that's the only reason they paint their armor is so they can tell what legion they're in.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 09:40:50 PM »
Hmmm, cool. Ok. But as for legion ID do the colors mean anything, or are the meanings associated with the color after-the-fact?

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 09:42:40 PM »
Uh...the last one?  :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 09:56:17 PM »
I think the idea to switch them from color meaning rank to color meaning legion was a smart move.  It became less of "This is what I am" to more of "This is who I am".  Well, that's what I think.
The one thing that confused me was that most of these guys have the exact same looking markings on their armor, but Etain instantly knew that the 501st trooper she talks to in O66 (somebody she's never seen or served with) was a lieutenant.  All the 501st guys in ROTS had the same blue patterns.  Anybody know something I don't?
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 09:58:20 PM »
subtle rank insinia is sys in the book. Probably like a small epaulettte or a comm pack....

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 10:30:22 PM »
Oh, okay.  Thanks, Noldo!
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 12:22:14 AM »
Nold'ika, how would a comm pack denote rank? No offense, but that seems kinda silly doesn't it?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
Well, not rank, per-se, but position. For example, a certain position could be assigned to a particular rank, as in the Napoleonic Wars. The Ensign, the lowest ranking CO, would always carry the regimental colours during battle....

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 10:22:39 AM »
Ah, gotcha

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
good gravy, I was making a JOKE!
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 04:04:55 PM »
Oh no, I'm not freaking out at you Vlet, or really anyone for that matter. That was a "what?!..." of disbelief, I was just kinda hoping that there was something more than the CO going: "Ok vode, here's the deal, my favorite color is blue. It's just so nice, and blue looks really good on our armor soooo...." See what I mean? I kinda got myself wound up about finding out what the colors mean than it's: bam! Aw, disappointment! lol

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »
Here's the thing, does it really matter why the choose a color? What matters is that they did.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 10:44:19 PM »
Does to me obviously