Author Topic: Clone Armor Color  (Read 27328 times)

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
Re: Clone Armor Color
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 12:16:14 AM »
Here's the thing, does it really matter why the choose a color? What matters is that they did.
It's just a matter of curiosity.  You never wondered why the 501st were the boys with the blue?  Or why Cody and all his guys have orange stripes from head to toe?  Cuz I sure did, and still do.  It's not a huge, galaxy-crushing issue, like if nobody ever says it's gonna ruin Star Wars forever....but it'd just be a fun fact to know.

The only explaination I'd ever heard for colors and designs was for Commander Wolffe's guys from TCW (coming from Dave Filoni's Facebook) and I think it's a good story.  If only we could get the business on the rest....oh well.  If you wanna read it, I posted it in the "List of Clone Troopers" thread.  (Apparently the 104th like wolves! :P)
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 12:12:02 AM »
Exactly Mia.
Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?! - Gimli, LOTR
In Kenpo, we often are told that our techniques are overkill, we believe that they are overskill.
Scorch: "I've got a bad feeling about this" as he steps on top of a land mine; palm to visor!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 02:14:14 AM »
 :D  See?  I can be insightful when I try! lolz
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 09:35:34 AM »
"There is no try, only do..." Or something along those lines... :D :D :D
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 02:42:13 PM »
lol, it's: No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try"!
Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?! - Gimli, LOTR
In Kenpo, we often are told that our techniques are overkill, we believe that they are overskill.
Scorch: "I've got a bad feeling about this" as he steps on top of a land mine; palm to visor!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 03:23:31 PM »
lolz  Come on, Ky'rika!  You really oughta know that. :P

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »
I like clones, not a dwarf Kermit wannabe who's dyslexic... ;) ;) ;) ;)
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

RC-1990 (Ram'ser)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »
Hey, he's not a kriffing Kermit wannabe, he's Yoda, lol. Get it straight! lol, I like clones too, but I still like the movies. Seeing as how they're what brought me to Star Wars before the Prequel Trilogy even came out.  :P

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »
I like clones, not a dwarf Kermit wannabe who's dyslexic... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey man, don't be dissing on Yoda. What makes you think he's dyslexic anyway? Huh? huh punk?

Hmm, approve of your attitude I do not. I'm Yoda, and I'm a soulja, and I'm low to the floja, so don't be hatin', judge me not by my size dawg. Or I pop my lightsaber in your chest, boi.

Yeah, I admit I got carried away. On the topic of clones and color notation things... wasn't the original question about commandos and their reasons for their colors. If it is that case, I'm going to say its just personal preferance.

As for the legions themselves, I believe it shows what legion they are. Or it could be used to fulfill a purpose (such as the 41st's camo armor.)

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 07:40:02 AM »
y...eah, see?  :D

And I agree with you totally there at the end, H-BOMB!
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Clone Trooper

• Private
  • Callsign: Nightmare.
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 05:50:50 PM »
Let me get in charater here...

"The reason we changed our markings from meaning rank to meaning unit was because them ori oisk'la clanker snipers kept killing our CO's. From there we changed our markings to mean unit, and the colors were kinda a first come first serve thing, no one wanted blue, because blue means reliability, which the 501st wern't anyway(they were ALWAYS late to something) so what ever, everyone wanted the cool colors. Our unit got purple!"

Unknown why they have/are proud of the color purple...
I am just one in a Million, and you will never figure out which one I am... but if you do, I will give you a cookie.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 07:20:05 PM »
cool :P
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 02:34:46 PM »
The way I understood it, George Lucas wanted the clones of Episode III to have graphitti on their armour, as a nod to the American soldiers in Viet Nam. (Can't remember where I read that.)

This concept was taken and further developed to have the markings denote the units, rather than individual trooper preference.

This makes a lot of sense;  Esprit de Corps is an important part of military units.  That's why so much thought can go into unit insignia patches and flags in the real world.  Often every little piece of the badge has a special meaning.  Each color is chosen for something, or is given a meaning after the fact.

My old unit's brigade patch was a wolf howling at the moon.  The wolf was adopted because it's an intelligent and capable predator, but it is best when working with others of its kind.  So each of the Regiments in the brigade were formidable, but together the Regiments of the Brigade were even more capable.

And of course, each Regiment that made up the brigade had its own insignia, my Regiment's cap badge was a stag's head, over a maltese cross, in a wreath of maple leaves, with the Queen's crown above and the Canadian beaver beneath, with the latin motto 'Paratus'.

I can see clones being very proud of their legion markings, and knowing the 'why' of every colour and every mark, and what it means to wear it....and being potentially angry to see anyone wear it who wasn't entitled.

FI-21975JR

• Lieutenant
  • Why did they call him sicko?
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
you make a fair point there vod

@Clone Trooper

I am just one in a Million, and you will never figure out which one I am... but if you do, I will give you a cookie.

lol at that ner vode but not too creative with name  ;)

Kyram

• Private Recruit
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
I want to vote for Delta Squad. they got a cameo in the second episode of the "Savage Opress" trilogy.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »
I want to vote for Delta Squad. they got a cameo in the second episode of the "Savage Opress" trilogy.
You should check out their Character Cards on StarWars.com ner vod. They are pretty awesome. I set them as a slideshow background on my laptop.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
"The reason we changed our markings from meaning rank to meaning unit was because them ori oisk'la clanker snipers kept killing our CO's. From there we changed our markings to mean unit, and the colors were kinda a first come first serve thing, no one wanted blue, because blue means reliability, which the 501st wern't anyway(they were ALWAYS late to something) so what ever, everyone wanted the cool colors. Our unit got purple!"

Unknown why they have/are proud of the color purple...

LOL. xD (I like purple...)
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

RC-1195 TYRO

• Private
  • "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 06:27:21 AM »
Most  of  the  clones  have  white  armor.

How  do  others  know  who  they  are  and  which  squad  or  company  their  in?

During  battle  I'm  sure  you  don't  have  much  time  to  ask  other  clones  about  who  they  are
or  where  their  from.
They are the First to Move
Toward the Sounds of Chaos
the Only Things Louder Than the Sounds of Chaos
Are the Sounds of the Few Moving Toward Them.

"Hard Corps is the only way I know."
---The Warrior Song - Hard Corps

Semper Fi till I die.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 10:56:41 AM »
(Apparently the 104th like wolves! :P)

Well, guess I know what squad I'm in, then. :D

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2011, 01:37:16 PM »

My old unit's brigade patch was a wolf howling at the moon. 
Is that why your name is "Dredwulf"?