Author Topic: Imperial Commando 2 - Cancelled  (Read 60797 times)

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
Re: Imperial Commando 2 (contains 501st SPOILERS!)
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »
That's what I took from the blog as well.
I also got the sense that Mandalore was nuked and inhabitable a long time ago (long before the timeframes in any of the RC books) - It in effect nullifies anything Mandolorian related in any of the books. (Becuase, the Mandos were all ready pacifists, etc.)
As 36 said, don't quote me on this - but its the impression I got.

If it is the case, I think it breaks with Lucas' Canon on so many levels.
Was there ever a Death Watch? - How does that affect where Jengo came from? What about Boba, i.e. is he still Mandolorian; but just not  a pacifist?

It seems like they are literally re-writting history (albeit a fictious, yet awesomely cool history)

Like Xander said, it seems so short-sighted and rash.
That's the best their high-priced writers could come with?
-Its shameful and downright crumby

"Coming Home in Body Bag 2? - That's the best you can come up with?" - True Romance
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

IC-1136

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
This change in Cannon will pretty much kill a lot of the EU. 
I love you, Kad'ika.  I guess our reunion will have to delayed until Lucasarts gets it osik together.  Why didn't I get on that freighter with Ordo?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 03:27:17 PM »
*reads* ...Al'ir'yc mir'osik'la shab'la chakaar'yc hutuun'la dikut'la mir'osik'ade!

How in the holy f*** could they do this? 'Oh, let's rewrite a quarter of the franchise!' No, you dumbasses! By God, Yaweh and Allah, why does the Administration always screw up? Right, now that they've sent everything to hell in a handbasket, not much else worth sticking around for, is there?

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

IC-1989

• Brothers All Archiver
  • Commander
  • Warning! Commando At Work!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 04:04:53 PM »
I think the only thing we can hope for now is that another writer continues the series, how awkward it might be...

IC-1136

• Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 04:15:18 PM »
It won't be the same without KT.  No one has a love for the Mandos like she does.  This is Blasphomy!  This is madness!
I love you, Kad'ika.  I guess our reunion will have to delayed until Lucasarts gets it osik together.  Why didn't I get on that freighter with Ordo?

IC-1989

• Brothers All Archiver
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »
I know, but if it stays like this it almost feels like Sev's fate.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »
Shame, shame...

Have I made it known that I hate Lucas?
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 08:30:04 PM »
you guys are just over the top...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 01:48:58 AM »
I know, but if it stays like this it almost feels like Sev's fate.
Thank you, this is exactly what I said.  It's like "Haha, we're doing it again!"  But at least KT bothered to say, even unofficially, that stuff works out and everybody has a happy ending.  Sorta.  As happy as we knew it would be.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

IC-1989

• Brothers All Archiver
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 07:50:22 AM »
Yeah but that isn't official, that is what she would write   :grumpy:

Null ARC Trooper

• Private
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
First, I really don't like the directions they are taking Mandalore.

So we should revolt, and change that!

Second, Karren could somehow accidentally release what she had writen fro IC2. Where it just slipped out of her fingers, into the wrong hands.  :P

Third, Lucasarts, I think is going into the expanded universe a bit too much. Even though the movies were amazing, they probably shouldn't have reaveled Anakin that way. People are upset about that. They started to go into Boba Fett's history a little too much, I love Mandalorians, but I liked him being somewhat secretive. Yes there are other things they did that people didn't like. Counting Jar-Jar. But I won't list any more right now.

This is our fantasy, and Lucasarts is screwing up the best, by being politically correct, naive, and going somewhere they actually shouldn't.

I guess this is just politics.

I was looking forward  to IC2 soo much, this ruined alot. It'll be hard to read them the same way.
And if Lucasarts ever makes RC2. I don't know how that would work if they continue to move the Mandalorian idea in this direction. It'd simply be contradictory, Only unless, the "gang" disregarded the new Mandalorian vision and became, idependent?

They are not being very respnsible right now. Including Battlefront 3/Online. They love there litle cartoon to much.

NG/FF/C/NAT

Not the new Mandalorain Government. 
While men exist, there will be no peace.
But the vision that once was called the
Death Watch. Not the extreme brutal
movement, but the nonpolitical, independent, codex.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »
oy... you know what, I'm not even going to reply to this. I've said the exact same things so many times... just go look at any of the other threads about the Mandalorians in the Clone wars, and KT leaving. Seriously.
It's Indiana Vlet!

Null ARC Trooper

• Private
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 11:36:11 PM »
oy... you know what, I'm not even going to reply to this. I've said the exact same things so many times... just go look at any of the other threads about the Mandalorians in the Clone wars, and KT leaving. Seriously.

Looks like you did reply though.  o.0
Some of us have something called lives Vlet, we don't have time to read all the older posts. If you don't want to read or say the same things, nobody is making you.

If the mod's thought this, then they would delete the new topics that people have made and make everybody post in the one topic. So, I think you're alone in this debate.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 11:44:33 PM »
Actually, that's not exactly how it works. The point is, since the events in question are interconnected, all these disparate threads end up repeating the same arguments time and time again, since only a few people seem to read every post. The point is, I get tired listening to people freak out over something over and over. It's hardly my fault that you didn't read the other threads, just as it's not your fault that I'm too annoyed to post the same reply here that I've posted at least seven times already. For the exact same argument. Also, this was hardly a "debate," seeing as I originally wasn't planning on responding with an argument at all. You made a silly assumption about what they're doing, and why KT left, because you (just like so many other people across the net) made an instinctive response.

As an example, you say that Lucas is being politically correct. By doing what, portraying the only pacifists in this season as fools who can't acknowledge that they have voilent people all around, who fake everything to make themselves seem better? By having the Death Watch beat them up, because of their nonviolent techniques? Please.
It's Indiana Vlet!

Null ARC Trooper

• Private
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 12:17:20 AM »
I have no obligation or duty to read the previous threads. We didn't freak out over something, I only was stating my opinion. As these matters do arise, it is sensless to worry over trivial things such as Star Wars. As you can see in this world, every one would love "world peace". I am not saying anything is wrong with that, it's a wonderful idea. But this is a fictional universe. The movement Lucasarts is taking, shows to be in the pacifist direction. This is fine, but when they shift all them into one direction save one antagonist. They are only doing the most simplest of plots. Sure they might be trying to teach kids about modernistic views, but I don't see why they have to choose Mandalorians.  That's really all I was saying. I don't like the idea of Mandalorians being completely pacifist. They were, and should continue being merc's. I don't like this futile bickering.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 12:26:58 AM »
"Most simplest of plots," huh? Then kindly explain why Satine's position is shown to be flawed, impractical, useless, immobilizing? Why does the "opening thought" thing read "if you ignore the past, you jeopardize the future"? Why is it that she loses in the end? Why is it shown that those who wish for peace at any cost must disavow basic facts to preserve their illusions? You argument makes no sense. They also do continue to be mercenary warriors, as I have stated in every other area: every credible source says the New Mandalorians lose. Period. The Death Watch drives them off or shoots them. No one says they stay pacifist, very few (only the foolish, it seems) belive that all Mandalorians but those few Death Watch we see are New Mandalorians. It simply isn't like that, and everyone in Lucasarts has said that.

By the way, when someone says they need to revolt over something like this, I'd say they're overreacting. It is indeed senseless to worry about trivial things such as this, so your "revolt" comment seems rather laughable. You have no obligation to read previous threads, unless of course you actually want to know what you're talking about. When you post an argument that's been done before, in the exact same way, simply because you didn't read other places, I belive it's called spam.
It's Indiana Vlet!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 01:08:37 AM »
Hey Null ARC, old buddy, old pal, old chum of mine...why don't you go and poke your head into the The "New Mandalorians" thread or maybe the Clone Wars - Season 2 thread.  Good stuff in there.

Some of us have something called lives Vlet, we don't have time to read all the older posts. If you don't want to read or say the same things, nobody is making you.
You're right, some of us do have lives.  And when we take the time out of them to come here, those of us with lives know that reading some of the older posts before blabbing repeated stuff all over again is kinda how forums work.  And those of us with lives also know it's not nice to start crap when sombody reminds you of that.  Just saying...as somebody who has a life.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 12:18:12 PM »
Hey, I'm really hacked off about this as well, but if Lucas says that all Mando'ade that aren't the Death Watch are pacifists, instead of the proud warrior culture that we've all fallen in love with, he can kovid lo'shebs'ul narit. I know what I'm choosing to believe about them, at any rate.

Also, just because there won't be an Imperial Commando Two for the forseeable future doesn't mean we can't speculate on what will happen. Just because they aren't writing it doesn't mean it won't take place in the unrecorded history of most of the Clone Wars.

So do you guys want to bring this back on topic, or take the discussion to Xan'ika's thread about the New Mandalorians?

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »
Hey, I'm really hacked off about this as well, but if Lucas says that all Mando'ade that aren't the Death Watch are pacifists, instead of the proud warrior culture that we've all fallen in love with, he can kovid lo'shebs'ul narit. I know what I'm choosing to believe about them, at any rate.

he says that only the New Mandalorians are pacifists, no need to worry.
It's Indiana Vlet!

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 06:00:10 PM »
Oh. You mean all of my ranting has been in vain? Shab! Rofl.