Author Topic: Halo: Reach  (Read 99844 times)

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
Re: Halo: Reach
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »
Thanks flyboy, I'll get them soon.
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 10:47:06 AM »
If it was anyone else I would feel like an idiot, but Flyboy...  He knows more about then Bungie!  :P
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
If it was anyone else I would feel like an idiot, but Flyboy...  He knows more about then Bungie!  :P
I doubt that considering they have the Halo Bible (yes, it exists!).  That is the one Halo book I'd like to get most as it has all the background story about all the races and technology, and extra stuff such as naming conventions, etc.  I just wish they'd publish it at some point.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 04:51:20 PM »
I still haven't gotten to First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Jarkyc Dhacyn

• Private
  • Par kote be Manda'yaim!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
I think its going to be another lame repeat of the same crappy story that Bungie has been pushin around for years. Another stupid ultra-soldier who never shows his face and almost never talks. lame lame and lame. halo 1 was good cuz it was new, but they are starting to get boring. halo 3 SUCKED. ODST was a new enjoyable twist for a while, but then i started to see the old coat of paint underneath. they need something really new. like that 6 player co-op someone mentioned. and the new guy better not be MC because he is friggin retarded. I hate MC.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         ---Benjamin Franklin
The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
         ---Tenche Coxe

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 01:00:14 AM »
You and Mark should write a book about how much you hate HALO. None of us would read it but you could still do it.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 03:55:14 AM »
You and Mark should write a book about how much you hate HALO. None of us would read it but you could still do it.

I don't hate HALO. What I hate is that it's being given credit for things it doesn't really do. Like a good story and originality. But I digress.

Someone earlier said that you could judge the game based on how many copies it sold - apparently that means 2.5 hours a boat sinking with interspersed saggy boobs is the pinnacle of hollywood entertainment.
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 05:17:48 AM »
The thing with the Halo games is that they sell or their multiplayer.  Recently on Halo: Waypoint a load of stats were put up including what percentage of players play which part of Halo 3.  The vast majority play matchmaking (around 65% I think it was) while quite a few do custom games (around 30% I think it was) and the rest do campaign.   Of course, that is just for those who play over Xbox Live so it will not be 100% accurate, but it sill shows that most people who buy these games don't care for the story at all.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
I don't hate HALO. What I hate is that it's being given credit for things it doesn't really do. Like a good story and originality. But I digress.

Someone earlier said that you could judge the game based on how many copies it sold - apparently that means 2.5 hours a boat sinking with interspersed saggy boobs is the pinnacle of hollywood entertainment.

What the heck are you talking about???? Oh wait....I got it Titanic. Touche! I made my statement because all we ever seem to hear you say is how much YOU hate it. And how UNoriginal it is.

Jarkyc Dhacyn

• Private
  • Par kote be Manda'yaim!
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 01:39:22 PM »
I hate Master Chief not HALO as a whole. you can just run into a pile of 50 brutes and mow them down without a scratch and you havent won the war yet? c'mon. They make the Marines too pathetic on purpose just so MC can seem more bad A. I do kinda like the HALO universe, its just that MC is too unconquerable. HALO Wars was an excelent game though. loved it. got into the top 5,000 out of 400,000 in two days on MP. epic story great gameplay and the cutscenes were wonderfull. but they are using the faceless unstopable hero thing too much.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         ---Benjamin Franklin
The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
         ---Tenche Coxe

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »
What the heck are you talking about???? Oh wait....I got it Titanic. Touche! I made my statement because all we ever seem to hear you say is how much YOU hate it. And how UNoriginal it is.

I did not enjoy Halo. The plot was overly simple and lacking in any kind of depth or detail, and also completely unoriginal.

I'll point back to what I said about Battlefront II, because it relates here too: Video games that gave you some super human super strong character with super abilities to play as aren't fun. They aren't challenging. There's nothing to them. You aren't the hero - you're 'special' with 'special' powers not because of what you do or the choices you make or how good you are at the game but because the plot makes you that way. The best stories - and consequently, the best games - are the ones about the underdog that doesn't have the special genes and midi chlorines to make them the hero...but overcome this 'defect' to do the right thing and succeed against all odds anyway. (Coincidently, this is also why I hate Jedi.)
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »
Its a shooter, its meant to kill massive ammounts of bad guys. I totally understand why your not into Jedi, the Master Chief and stuff like that. YOU DON'T LIKE THEM. We get it.

When you hit big with a game make sure it's NOTHING like anything else you've played, or people will be saying the same thing about you.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »
ok, no reason to get in an argument over...  the Halo games are nothing 'NEW'...   ITs called FANBOYS (and Girls)!! Halo may not be something new, but its still a game people want to play..
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:36:36 PM by Mereel Skirata »
Resident Costumer.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »
because it's fun to play. and, in the end, isn't that what people are really looking for?
It's Indiana Vlet!

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 08:38:37 PM »
because it's fun to play. and, in the end, isn't that what people are really looking for?

This is a good argument that I will accept, but most people say that the HALO games are the best ever because of their originality and great plot. Which makes me scratch my head and wonder if we're talking about the same game.

Fun games are a good thing to have, and a great thing to sell - but no one ever justifies HALO like that.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »
most of the plot comes from the books, it's true. and I know they're not very original, but they do everything well, and the games just... work.
It's Indiana Vlet!

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »
Agreed!
Resident Costumer.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2009, 10:45:17 AM »
I personally belive that when most people say that Halo has a great story they mean a general story, not specific.  Same with the LFD seiries. The extent of the story is that you fight Zombies and try to get to a rescue vehicle. Halo has the general story of a Super Soldier with the best gear and Intel Officer( I use this loosly to describe Cortana) who blows the crap out of aliens.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2009, 01:30:14 PM »
Drake

I look forward to slaying countless evil things with you.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2009, 06:35:31 PM »
Um, where does this comment come from?

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?