Author Topic: Humanity: After Earth  (Read 2472 times)

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
Humanity: After Earth
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:03:48 AM »
(EDIT: SEE MOST RECENT POST FOR UPDATE)

Many of you probably know about the Sci-Fi universe I created a while back. Well seeing now how there is this new Non-Star Wars fiction area I decided that I will post the story entries here. Be aware, that I am in the process of completely re-hashing the chapters I wrote, so new big updates will happen immediatly. But for now, here's the setting of Humanity: After Earth. You can also visit the website I made for H:AE http://humanityafterearth.webs.com/

It is the year 3021 B.C.E. The rapidly expanding Human race has now become a significant galactic power in the Milky Way Galaxy. Their homeworld of Earth was destroyed by a never-ending series of wars that devastated the population and left the once pristine planet as nothing more than a gigantic junkyard, full of ruined monuments, toppled nations and the few Humans unlucky enough to be stranded on the impoverished planet. Though there were some who saved the race from utter extinction. Before the ravaging of Earth, a team of scientists put together a hasty evacuation effort as the reality of war drew ever closer. The nearby planets of Mars and Venus were colonized, and slowly turned into life-permitting habitats. As the wars slowly consumed planet Earth, Humans were shuttled off to the new worlds to live free of danger. A new age of enlightenment dawned on the Humans, and the remains of their race focused on survival together and peacefully created a new life for themselves.
   Soon, expansion became a necessity, and the Humans began colonizing the moons of Saturn and Jupiter. It was a slow process, but one chance meeting changed it all. On a scouting mission to the Jupiter moon of Io, a team of scientists stumbled upon an extraterrestrial race. These humanoid aliens had come on a scouting mission of their own, and the Humans tried hard to appeal to their new neighbors. Good feelings were mutual, and the aliens, now known as Xinnites, shared their interstellar technology with the Humans. Now with a firm grip on interstellar travel, the Humans expanded further colonizing many solar systems, and built a healthy relationship with the Xinnites.
   But peace could not last forever, with the introduction of the Xinnites the Humans were also introduced their sworn enemies, the Mancers. The Xinnites and the Mancers had been at war for centuries, and the Humans were soon drawn into the war themselves. The galactic power known as the Human Alliance developed a powerful military to fight off the strange weapons and tactics employed by the Mancers, including a powerful navy and infantry and the Humanity Alliance Territorial Defense Ring that protected Human planets from attack.
   After a brief yet heated galactic war, the factions eventually cooled down and the number of battles rapidly decreased, sending the races into a tense cold war. But looming on the edges of known space lays a menace that threatens to consume the galaxy, and once again incite war and death.

Timeline

2438 – The planet Earth is once again faced with war

2444 – Team of scientists develops research colonies on Mars and Venus

2525 – The devastation of Earth is imminent. Families are evacuated to Mars and Venus

2530 – Firm colonies established on the new planets

2537 – The contesting factions on Earth obliterate themselves and their planet

2643 – Colonization of the Jupiter and Saturn moons begins

2650 – Humans encounter the Xinnites, Human interstellar technology is improved

2751 – Humans begin to expand on the galactic scale, several new solar systems colonized

2873 – Humans join the Xinnite-Mancer war

2942 – Mancers devastated in the Battle of Kiazh, retreat back to their territory

2942-3021 – Cold War
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:56:12 AM by H-BOMB »

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
Re: Humanity: After Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:12:26 AM »
Hey 'H'.  Would you like some critique?  If so, where do you want it, here in the thread, a different thread or over on your site?

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 01:36:13 PM »
You can just PM it to me if you want. Unless you don't mind me making a feedback thread like you did.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:46:36 PM by H-BOMB »

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:43 AM »
WHOA what the? Hey guys! Remember this?

Its been a long time since I did anything with this universe. Over the past year or so however, I've been making little changes here and there, double-checking and triple-checking things, and fleshing the universe out a little bit better. Most of the changes have been made to the various species. Most notably the Xinnites. Who are no longer called the Xinnites, but are now called the Inqendi. I have expanded on their biology, homeworld, and religion much more, and they can no longer shoot fire out of their hands (come on, that was kinda silly). Also the Ilbramarians have been temporarily removed. I always thought they were interesting, and might return to flesh them out a little better later. The Khom'do are gone. They were unnecesary. The Shinowb were turned into the Ceogans, and much more about them has been explained. The Y'ghouls have had their name removed, and replaced with the ubiquitous term 'grey men' simply to keep them more mysterious.

So there ya go. A brief overview of some of the things I've changed. Also, that timeline and exposition above is outdated. I'll change that eventually. I may or may not post some of the new facts here in this topic, but be sure to check out my website: http://humanityafterearth.webs.com/

And give me feedback! See ya around!

Laney97

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »
This is some good thing you doing here, H-BOMB.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »
Thanks, brewski

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »
Sounds interesting!
I joined the site.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 08:13:42 PM »
Looking good!