Author Topic: Operation: Tvest  (Read 1319 times)

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
Operation: Tvest
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:36:34 PM »
Ok guys this is my very first Fanfic, not only that, but I kinda suck at writing, so just bear with me.  I want to get better at writing and I thought the best way to do that is by just doing it.  I'll be constantly editing this as I find mistakes or typos, which I know will be in there..  So, here it goes.

*********************************************

Operation Tvest:  The Stakeout

Coruscant.  The Queen of the Core, The Imperial Center, Triple Zero, my playground, itís good to be back.  I've been on leave to Mandalore and Concord Dawn so much I almost forgot the feeling of excitement I get when tracking wets and the like though this city sized planet.  Iíve spent so much time in this system itís become my second home.  Though I was born on Concord Dawn I grew up here, traversing its roof tops and underbelly for years.  Itís become as familiar to me as anything could.  It felt REALLY good to be back.  Donít get me wrong, I love my home back on Mandalore, but Iím still young, Iím not ready to settle down.  And besides I canít ditch Coruscant.  Not yet.  Thatís why I took this job, not only because the money was good, but because Iíll spend most of the mission here, on my home away from home.  

Oh yes, the mission, I was hired a few months ago, along with my brother to locate and take out this Kuat splinter group, or what we think is a group, that has been stealing high end parts from the Kuat Drive Yards.    We got a tip when we intercepted a data message from the elusive Kuati, asking to meet this known blackmarket parts dealer about a huge deal.  The mysterious seller has been evading me and my brother for month, and Iíve started to have great respect for him, because heís managed to stay one step ahead of us all this time.   But now all we have to do is follow this dealer and hope he will lead is to our target.   So Iíve been on stakeout for a few days watching his every move.  

Artificial lighting illuminated these lower levels of the Undercity where dealer lived, and advertisement holograms could be seen everywhere. There were numerous establishments for entertainment, catering to a myriad of alien species. I watched as the residents of the Undercity, who were collectively referred to as Twilighters, would walk by in the alleys far below completely unaware that a Mandalorian was towering above them.  

"C'mon Mereel.Ē   A familiar voice said over my coms.

ďWe've been watching this guy for days, if he was going to meet with this Dax whats-his-face; don't you think we would have already?"  

It was my brother, Kyr'bes.  His voice sounded tired and bored.  He was back at my ship, sifting through the few mobile surveillance cams we set up, and trying to hack the few on the busy lane below me.

"Itís Dax Tvest.  And No, Tvest is in no rush, heís been slowly scamming KDY for years.  Heís not going to botch it by rushing"  

I sat perched in the small ledge on the building across from the apartment where the dealer was living.  I had a perfect view of the main entrance and the windows to his room.  I used my helmet Macrobinoculars to check the faces of all the beings entering or exiting the building across from me, but so far, nothing.

I could see lights flickering from his Holo-screen; I wondered what he was watching.  The Holo-news, or the Chin-Bret championship game that was playing.  Oh yeah, the Chin-Bret championship, thatís why Kyríbes wants to be done so badly.  

ďSorry vodíika, I forgot about the game.Ē  He and I always got together to watch it each year, but this year I completely forgot.

ďThatís ok, we can watch it later.Ē  

ďDeal.  We can even see if Wardy will join us this year.  Maybe that chick you met just before we left too, eh?Ē

He laughed.  ďYeah, sounds like a plan.Ē  

Things went quiet for the next half hour or so, and I sat thinking about all the fun times Iíve had with my Aliit over the years.    But keeping a steady eye on the building also.....  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:55:20 AM by Mereel Skirata »
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
Re: Operation: Tvest
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:48:58 PM »
I quite like it...
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
Re: Operation: Tvest
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »
Mhm i like it as well. A few grammer glitches but as you said its your first fanfic. Not bad at all my friend. I like were it is going. Straight to the point.

The only thing i could suggest is some more details in things, thats it.