Author Topic: Ghost Recon Future Soldier  (Read 33349 times)

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
Already covered it....;)

In new news a new multiplayer trailer has been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn3MesYr_H4&feature=share
:( I feel sad...
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
Well, looks like I'll be playing the beta on Thursday.  Just got an e-mail from Ubisoft with an Xbox 360 key.  Going to pre-load it now so I can get straight on after work on Thursday.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
If you have Splinter Cell Conviction go ahead and pop it in now you can download the Beta through the Conviction in game xbox live marketplace window....Btw you do not need to have the disc in to play the GRFS Beta...

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2012, 04:39:06 AM »
I downloaded the Beta, I'm fairly excited for it to come online and to test it out.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
So tried a few games in the beta and so far not too impressed.  The cover system is a bit fiddly and the starter weapons are not the best.  So far the only class I've been able to get a decent score with is the Scout, and that is simply because it has a sniper rifle meaning I can actually aim at the enemy with a reasonable chance to hit (hopefully the scope I've bought for the engineer starting weapon will make that class a little more effective).

The unlock system is a little weird as it allows you to purchase the upgrades you want with upgrade points urned by leveling up, but many upgrades are themselves only available once you reach a certain level.  This does sound great, but it does also make it harder to get into the game to begin with as I played 3 matches and my team lost each one with the final score was something ridiculous like 250 to 7 because its objective-based and my team could never get anywhere near the objectives since the opposition seemed to be co-ordinated and all had upgrades unlocked making their gear way more effective then ours.  Upgrades are also done separately for each team (Ghosts and Bodark) so you'll have to upgrade each class twice.

There is some good stuff though, like the ability to change the camo on your weapons to a range of national styles (and yes, I have already put British camo on the Ghost weapons in each class), and some of the equipment like the sensor grenade which reveals enemy positions for a short time or the stun-gun which can be equipped instead of a pistol and is actually quite effective (having been on the receiving end myself).

Overall, not being much of a multiplayer person this is probably not a game I'll do MP in when its released, but I will at least give this another try to see if my new upgrades do improve the gameplay, as well as having friends online to co-ordinate with.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
I just did one match, and I was top of the team. The cover is iffy, as well as shooting, but I'll get used to it.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »
Having played the Beta for the last few days, I've got a few comments to make.

1: It has been an absolute nightmare simply trying to play the game. Half the time, the 'Service is Unavailable', and nothing can be done. You just have to wait a few hours for Ubisoft to get their crap together and get the servers back online. When you do actually get a game, most of the time, it lags so badly that it is literally unplayable. So basically, only 1 in 4 attempted matches work successfully. And to top it off, in half of the matches that do work, the servers give out mid-game, or you get kicked out for no real reason. This whole system has left me very frustrated.

2: Actual gameplay is pretty standard, and when it works properly, I enjoyed it. I personally had no problem with the cover system myself. I'm not a huge fan of the objectives in this game, I would actually prefer a simple 'Slayer' or 'Deathmatch' mode, but it is still fun on the rare occasion it works.

3: Gunsmith. I am in love with this portion of the game and everything about it. I am dying to try it on the Kinect. Honestly there's not much else to say on the matter :P

So, overall, I'm extremely frustrated at how badly it works. The excuse of 'It's just a Beta' only takes you so far, and this goes way beyond that. However, Gunsmith is awesome and the game itself is pretty fun.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2012, 05:52:41 PM »
In other words: "We'll play Co-Op".

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »
Yeah, I think that sums it up Drake.

Playing with Drake, Ordo and Talo yesterday I felt like the support bonus points were very unbalanced.  Assists are the major one as I got hardly any when using my rifle (I think I only noticed 2 or 3 times all night when it came up on screen, despite being sure I'd hit many more then that), yet when I tried out the UAV Drone on Mill in I think the second match with it I scored just over 10,000 points with no kills, the highest number of points of anyone that match.

While the multiplayer has started to grow on my a little bit more as I get unlocks and begin to understand the mechanics better, its still unlikely I'll end up playing it in the full game.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2012, 06:11:09 PM »
I do believe the GR:FS Beta server is down as well, as from last night to now I have been unable to get on.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
I looked at the known problems thread and they said that they are aware of the issue of people loosing connection mid-game and their solution is to regularly restart the servers.  No mention of the whole "Unable to connect to Ubisoft Service" problem when starting the game though....

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »
The game was working better yesterday, I was able to up my rate of successful matches from 1/4 to about 3/4  xD

Playing with Drake, Ordo and Talo yesterday I felt like the support bonus points were very unbalanced.

the multiplayer has started to grow on my a little bit more as I get unlocks and begin to understand the mechanics better

I agree that the support bonuses are iffy. And I think there needs to be much more incentive to cover the person interacting with the objective. If you're lucky and have a smart team, they'll do it just because they know they need to, but a smart team is rare. Most of the time I find myself hanging out there, a$$ in the wind, getting torn apart every time I try to take the objective, just cause my teammates don't have a reason to try and help me.

Yeah, I'm liking it more so now that it was working better and I got more used to it. However, I would still rather play a straight up Slayer mode, because these objectives make it almost impossible to win without a smart team. At least in Slayer, you can will your team to victory just through sheer number of kills....

In other words: "We'll play Co-Op".

And it will be awesome  8)

Find an excuse to win.

ThetaSquad288

• Private
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »
I am a Tom Clancy's fan but I stoped playing GRFS Beta  after seen that iffiness that the guns has for 1st & up levels...  Just have to see what the campaing has to offer, dont care for mpyr, and its not a pre-order or instant buy  for me tilI see the reviews

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »
Ghost Recon Alpha, the live action short film Ubisoft were making to promote the game was released this weekend.  Its 25 minutes long and I think it has at least one character from the game in it.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ghost-recon-alpha/en-GB/index.html?r=1

You'll need a uPlay account to access it.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2012, 11:44:42 AM »
Woot! :D This Tuesday is an awesome Tuesday last day of ever having to go to highschool then this :D

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »
Its going to be Friday before I get it due to the release schedule, but even so with me ordering my resin it should be a good week still.

Also, can I just say the graphics in this latest footage is beyond realistic....

http://youtu.be/v8I-0z2WPRU

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »
Its going to be Friday before I get it due to the release schedule, but even so with me ordering my resin it should be a good week still.

Also, can I just say the graphics in this latest footage is beyond realistic....

Just amazing what technology can do nowadays

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »

Extremely BEYOND REALISTIC!!   

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
Been playing this lately. couple missions in and i have to say i love the whole contact system. line them up, knock them down. The gunsmith is awesome too.