Author Topic: new idea  (Read 2681 times)

Ewokinarmor

• Sergeant
new idea
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »
hey i accidentaly made a thread that i am regretting right now and i had an idea: wat if people who made their forum thread could have the power to erase it and not just the mods because it would be better for this website please think about this :|

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
Re: new idea
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
Then we wouldn't need mods. Where's the thread?
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

Amy

• Clone Marshall Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »
Yeah, and have people delete their threads  with no warning because they don't like the way a discussion is going? Nope.

Once you post something, the thread is no longer yours. If you routinely "regret" posting threads, I suggest you learn some self-control and think before you post.

Ewokinarmor

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »
 yeah, but 1. the othert way around gives mods too much power and 2. wats stopping them from suddenly stopping interesting conversations? becuse no offense here but since ur not here much then whos going to stop them? btw sean its a spartans vs commandos thread and besides theres too little mods around there are like, what maybe 4 of them in a website of 500+ members? so no offense either here but u need to either accept this plan or recruit more mods cause i know all people make mistakes with thier threadsP.S. why r they vcalled mods? and for some reason on that 'self control thing, most of the stuff i posted worked on other websites
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:58:33 PM by Ewokinarmor »

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
besides theres too little mods around there are like, what maybe 4 of them in a website of 500+ members? so no offense either here but u need to either accept this plan or recruit more mods cause i know all people make mistakes with thier threads
There is a difference between total members and active members.  Yes, total members is nearly 600 now, however generally there are probably no more then 20 or so active members, so I'm sure 4 mods can handle that easily.

yeah, but 1. the othert way around gives mods too much power and 2. wats stopping them from suddenly stopping interesting conversations? becuse no offense here but since ur not here much then whos going to stop them?
You don't become a mod overnight.  Amy has chosen each mod for a reason. Sean, for example, is an active serving US Marine, and a training sergeant no less, which I'd say makes him more then qualified for a position of authority and responsibility here.

P.S. why r they vcalled mods?
Its short for moderator.

and for some reason on that 'self control thing, most of the stuff i posted worked on other websites
The internet is something where people of all nationalities, opinions and cultures can go.  As such, what may work on one forum might not work here.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Amy

• Clone Marshall Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »
If you don't like the way this forum is run, go elsewhere. This is not a democracy and your whining is only pissing us off.

You're already skating on thin ice, Ewok. If you can't act several years older than your age, you will not be welcome here anymore.

Thread LOCKED.