Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season III  (Read 547292 times)

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
Re: The Clone Wars - Season III
« Reply #1100 on: April 09, 2011, 02:57:26 PM »
You're a braver, more patient soul than I am, GT. *salutes* (I do sort of want to see the episode where Rex and Fives talk about stuff, though...)
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #1101 on: April 09, 2011, 03:00:35 PM »
You're a braver, more patient soul than I am, GT. *salutes* (I do sort of want to see the episode where Rex and Fives talk about stuff, though...)
No I'm just a fool. I can't learn to stop being hurt. And chances are it will happen again.

Rex and Fives 'talk' will probably be like... a 10 second conversation before Anakin tells them to quiet down for a mission. Then They'll just look at each other and shrug.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #1102 on: April 09, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #1103 on: April 09, 2011, 03:04:43 PM »
I will always be upset with it, and I'll groan and moan and whine all day,

Laney97

« Reply #1104 on: April 09, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »
GT, if you really are gonna keep watching it... your every SW fan who-doesn't-want-to-watch-osik hero! You get one gold star and two paper hats!

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #1105 on: April 09, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »
Do I get cake at the end too?

Laney97

« Reply #1106 on: April 09, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »
If I get some...

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #1107 on: April 09, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »
I'm gonna keep watching it too. But I want for my gift ImpCom 2 novel or RepCom 2 video game, not cake!

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Laney97

« Reply #1108 on: April 09, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
I'm gonna keep watching it too. But I want for my gift ImpCom 2 novel or RepCom 2 video game, not cake!

I think I would pass on cake if ImpCom 2 came out... which would be a first for me!

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
« Reply #1109 on: April 09, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »
But I want for my gift ImpCom 2 novel or RepCom 2 video game, not cake!

I second this.
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

Laney97

« Reply #1110 on: April 09, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
I think we all do.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #1111 on: April 09, 2011, 04:56:42 PM »
So let's send a petition to Lucasfilm, saying we'll all continue to watch TCW if they give us RepCom2 and ImpCom2. Not that they'd care... :upsidedown:

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #1112 on: April 09, 2011, 05:28:49 PM »
They've got enough $$$ and viewers that it wouldn't matter.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #1113 on: April 09, 2011, 05:33:05 PM »
Yeah...but they could be putting that $$$ to use and making commando-centered episodes, even clone-centered episodes in general would be fine!

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #1114 on: April 10, 2011, 06:48:13 AM »
The only thing they are interested in is money. That's all, they don't care about the viewer as long as you keep watching. Filoni is the only one who tries and he can't get anything done, so I don't think we'll see any change in the Jedi-centric "Clone" Wars

Laney97

« Reply #1115 on: April 10, 2011, 10:24:52 AM »
The only thing they are interested in is money. That's all, they don't care about the viewer as long as you keep watching. Filoni is the only one who tries and he can't get anything done, so I don't think we'll see any change in the Jedi-centric "Clone" Wars

Yes. I've been telling and asking people; Why is it the "Clone" Wars if it is based on the Republic Senate and Jedi? And all the clones seem to do is die. I hate it when people do that... false advertising (in a way).

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #1116 on: April 10, 2011, 06:29:26 PM »
Well... War is more than just endless violence. I mean it's not like the Senate wanted a war, so it makes sense to show the political side of a war, but they definitely show way too much Senate. And the Jedi were a big part of the war too, but it is called the Clone Wars, so it makes sense to show more of them. And not just as a background.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #1117 on: April 11, 2011, 08:44:38 AM »
I mean it's not like the Senate wanted a war

Technically, it was paltry pacifist Padme, (and a few of her peace-loving pals), that were trying to first avoid and later stop the war.
On more than one occasion, the overwhelming majority of the Senate voted to go to and/or continue the war.
(Granted, for the most part they were bamboozled by Palpsie’s dark-side machinations).
-But, it was democracy in action.

As far as the Clone Wars, I think Lucas has stated, (a long time ago before TCW), that he wanted to show/explore the time period between Eps II and III; namely the Clone Wars Era. -Which, I think is different than showing a war movie that happens to inlove clones. (No matter how cool they might be).
And, we know that George has always been about his Force-using saber-jockeys and their magic and wizardry.
The everyday rank and file clone troopers are mere cannon fodder used to dress George’s stage.

As people have pointed, Filoni seems to straddle the fence between giving the people what they want and keeping Emperor George happy. So any clones, commandos, or ARCs that we do get are, IMO, a value-added bonus for us while we sit through George’s grand saga of saber-smokin’ jettise.

As far as Season 4 goes, I’m w/ Grunt (and others).
I love to bash it and complain about it; but, it’s freaking Star Wars. There is no way I can boycott it. – It’s the only game in town, (in a way).
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

Laney97

« Reply #1118 on: April 11, 2011, 09:04:41 AM »
Yeah. But I've seen enough of Padme and her Senate. There just isn't enough Clone action. I think the most was in the film. Why not in the episodes?

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #1119 on: April 11, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »
And, we know that George has always been about his Force-using saber-jockeys and their magic and wizardry.
The everyday rank and file clone troopers are mere cannon fodder used to dress George’s stage.

I'm with Fenn. We're not going to get any thoroughly awesome KT-style clone-ness with Flannelman still sitting on the throne.

As people have pointed, Filoni seems to straddle the fence between giving the people what they want and keeping Emperor George happy. So any clones, commandos, or ARCs that we do get are, IMO, a value-added bonus for us while we sit through George’s grand saga of saber-smokin’ jettise.

"And now, young Filoniwalker, you will make episodes featuring only my most awesome creations of coolness, PADME AND JAR-JAR! Muahahaa!"