Author Topic: Vode None.  (Read 26481 times)

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
Vode None.
« on: June 16, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »
Ok I'm breaking one of my cardinal rules of writing: never write fanfic, at the behest of my vod Ky'Ram.
Nothing is ready to post yet, but I will rectify that tomorrow night.

Look forward to Vode None, the saga of a clone pilot who crashes and becomes marooned, and is forced to survive alone in an unforgiving landscape.

No hate here, only creeper love.
Watching you through your windows.
Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
Re: Vode None.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 05:23:04 PM »
I will, ner vod...
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »
Man it has been a LONG night. Lot of driving.
Lot of writing done.
Here's part 1.
Kinda hard to write a star wars fanfic without wookiepedia...

You could call it bitterness.
   That feeling you get when you see those around you having all that you want. Knowing that the only defining boundary between you two is faceless, implacable dumb luck. It does something to you, deep inside.  May make you think things you know you shouldn't.
   You could call it a lot of things, I suppose. But if I had to describe in one word how I feel, it would be bitterness. It is a satisfying word. It can fill you, and in a masochistic way, you feel whole, even if in pain.
   It's an entire week after the battle of Geonosis. My name is Barrel. I am a pilot, and I am a bitter, lonely clone.    
   I remember others just like me, during what we ironically call our childhood. In rows beside me, being force fed all we would need to know to be useful little products. Or worse, in the morbid transparisteel tanks where we are grown like human crops. It makes me sick. I recognize a few of them now, in the subtle mannerisms, facial expressions, subtle signs that they are used to sitting in a cockpit. All the same, I don't know them. We lived our short adolescence being impersonally crammed full of flash training and instruction. Some of us got to know each other; I suppose it may be a different situation for fighter pilots, flying as a team. I just pilot a drop ship, picking up and putting down men with my face, yet I don't know them at all.
   I sit eating my lunch, surrounded by men physically identical to me, and yet utterly alone. All around me troopers share meals and conversation with their brothers. Whole pods of commandos, and those with losses; they all have something I don't. Gloomy as it is, I think I envy those who lost comrades the most. Or perhaps, I envy the lost.  I know that when I die, likely in a fiery blaze as I am shot down, none will shed a tear over the loss. I envy the relationships had by all the clones around me. The joy, the sadness... the attachment. Even the aloof ARCs have friends among the ranks, and among each other. Kark. The jedi, even, have bonds with the various soldiers. But who would claim a relationship with some miscellaneous pilot? Sometimes I wonder why I even have a name. I ponder the philosophy of it for a moment. If a clone dies alone in a battle, and nobody knows who he is, does he really even have a name?
   I sigh, and nobody hears me. Suddenly my food has lost all appeal.
   I stand, and walk out, and nobody sees me go.

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 12:28:53 AM »
Great job so far Bvn!   Mereel wants more.
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 07:59:07 AM »
I like it.

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »
Meesa likey...

Seriously, this is excellent...
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 11:01:57 PM »
Nooooo freeeeee tiiiiiime!  :dead:

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »
It's good so far.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 05:48:42 PM »
   I close my eyes, slide on my helmet. I open them again, and feel as though I am seeing the world for the first time again. I don't know that I could ever live without a heads-up display. With the placemnt of the final piece of my armor, the suit seems to come alive around me, providing temperature, sound, and vision control. It is as if I am living parasitically inside another creature for protection. It is an odd thought. I often wonder if i should have such unorthodox thoughts. Perhaps it is just my mind's attempt at stimulation.
   I flex my fingers, enjoying the perfect fit of my armor. One of the few luxuries of being a clone. I have to wonder why I have armor at all; I doubt it would defend me from whatever could get to me through my ship. Makes me feel safer, nonetheless. I don't evny the superior kit of the commandos or ARCs. This armor is MINE. Well... it belongs to the grand army of the republic, but so do I. It has my name on it, at least. That is mine. If anyone ever finds my shattered armor and broken body, perhaps they will know what I called myself.
   I receive my debriefing through my helmet comm, as usual. Figures I wouldn't be brought up to speed with the soldiers; If I get captured I could be made to talk. Instead of just giving me my own gun, it is easier to ensure I have nothing to tell them.
   I climb into the cockpit of my larty, and fasten myself in. For a few moments I close my eyes, and daydream about another world, another life. A dream of freedom, and family. Of glory, and dying happy. The passenger hatch opens, and the dream is over.
   I don't need to look back to know who is in my ship. Feels almost violating, to just open the hatch and pile in, without even so much as introducing themselves to us. I glance back at the four commandos in my ship, having already made themselves comfortable. I don't lie to myself for a moment; I would give anything to be one of them, comfortably chatting in a closed circuit with their best friends and closest relatives. At the same time, I hate them. Hate them for having what I can not. Hate them for being less expendable than me. What can they possibly have to talk about, anyway; they are together constantly, I notice.
   I realize I am staring when, one by one, blue lit visors slowly turn to cast a gaze over me. I turn back to my controls and fire up the ship casually. I could do it in a heartbeat from muscle memory, but I want to look busy.
   It is already too late however, as one of the white armored clones is standing right behind me. I try to ignore him, until he raps on my shoulder plate.
   "Problem, vod?" I can't discern any inflection in his voice. He is speaking on the open frequency; I make a mental note to turn it off.
"No problems at all", I reply, and slam on the acceleration. The ship launches itself from the hangar with a kick, and the commando staggers, then falls over from the sudden shift. "And I am not your vod."

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 06:12:02 PM »
Heh.

I love it...
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »
good... good
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 10:48:42 PM »
Hey guys I havent died nor forgotten. Just busier than a strill with a jar of peanut butter. Or you all trying to figure out wtf that means.

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 10:55:19 PM »
It always sticks to the fangs...

:D
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 01:34:02 PM »
That's how they made the horse in Mr. Ed talk.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »
That is indeed the case.

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »
   Oh, man this is boring. There is only so much for a pilot to do in getting from point A to point B. I try to count the stars drifting by, and quickly tire of it. I consider doing a roll, just to mess with my passengers but decide better of it. I don't think they would laugh, if I got all of them at once. Eheh.
   Geonosis looms in space before us. It hangs in the bleak void like an angry red eye, full of hate and accusation. I stare back, through a tinted visor, unblinking at the silent challenge from this titan, teeming with beings that would kill me given the chance. Not too different from my current situation. I can feel the commandos back there, glaring at me. They must have an important job to do: I am flying in slowly, thrusters dead, just drifting on my own momentum like a bit of debris to avoid detection. Meanwhile, on the opposite face of the planet a small assault is taking place, star destroyers and fighters, bombers and transports... just like me... buzzing around fighting another man's war.
   There is a small kick as I push us into the planet's gravity. We go from casual approach, which would result in us orbiting, to a blazing freefall into the atmosphere in seconds. I can't use the thrusters, of course, unless I want to be noticed and blasted out of the sky. Instead, a special compartment opens and ejects a lump of material-- i have no clue what it was-- that weighs enough to cause my ship to be pushed away a touch from the discharge. Clever.
   The cabin warms up as we blaze into the lower atmosphere. This larty must have seen some interesting modifications just for this mission. I wonder how I would endure reentry without reverse thrusters in a standard craft. Probably not well. The inky twinkling of space is long gone now, and the rocky ground grows ever closer.  I won't lie; I've considered just spiraling into it, kissing that beautiful red surface like my personal celestial lover, signaling the end of my days with a cornucopia of fire and flying metal.
   I pull up hard, as the altometer indicates I am below most radar, and slam on the proper thrusters. The ship levels casually, and slows to a gentle hover. I barely feel a thing, being strapped in properly. I can only imagine the armored wads of machismo in the back are feeling the g's, however. I punch the thrusters and acquire a decent speed, approaching a stark mountain rising from the geonosian soil, the landmark to signify the destination. I didnt know what the destination was; I was to put the commandos down and wait for the pickup call. Wait. They seriously wanted me to dawdle on a cliff waiting for some CIS scouts to happen by and slot me. Orders are orders though. I jsut wish they issued me a weapon that I could use INSIDE the ship.

Meanwhile, on the mountain, a pair of figures stand with their backs to a rocky wall. Their faces are obscured by menacing t-visored helmets, their bodies lined with green metal plates over a red body suit, and brown over green respectively. Armored fabric drapes around  their legs, housing hidden pouches akin to that from which the taller red one produces a pair of binocs. The short, brown figure shuffles his feet nervously, watching the growing dot that is a republic ship. He admires the shiny new CIS insignia freshly painted on his shoulder armor.
   "Buir?" He asks of the taller figure.
   "Yes ad'ika?"
   "Is that the enemy?"
   "Yes, it is. Looks like they're coming after the lab."
   "You were right, then. That battle is a diversion?"
   "Oh, I'm sure they will hold any ground they gain, but I think what we see here is their true objective."   

She unslung a massive weapon from her back, checked the chamber, and pointed it at the approaching craft. It was close enough, now, to see the republic sigil stamped on every facet.
   "Watch hetty'buir closely now, Bev'ika. This is the proper way to shoot down an aircraft without blowing it up; there may be something salvageable among them. And we don't waste, do we?"
Beviin shook his head, his still-too-large helmet bobbling on his shoulders.
Hettyc followed the craft with the front of her weapon until it beeped quietly, then fired.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:30:41 PM by Barrel »

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »
SO MUCH WIN.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 10:10:46 PM »
ACK TYPOS MUST FIX

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.