Author Topic: Protecting the People: Naval Warfare  (Read 45898 times)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: Protecting the People: Naval Warfare
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2011, 03:12:06 AM »
"When a especially large pile of junk fell on me. Punctured my left wing, busted my engines, a metal pole bisected my cockpit. When the area in front of me closed up" The Admiral said, again trailing off.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »
A random trooper from the crowd blurted out, "How did you make it out, Admiral?"

Lash smirked at the whole situation.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
"I cut power to my ship's shields and redirected it to my laser cannons. I blasted a hole through the falling wreckage and gunned it. Lost the tail section of my fighter doing that" The Admiral finally finished. After his years telling stories, he learned how to build up enough suspense until it was almost tangible.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2011, 11:26:50 PM »
The feline had not stopped purring once during his account or Lash's. Now it stretched up from under Mikail's hand and butted it's head against his chin softly, "Mrour." it said and then it jumped up onto the table nosed into Lash and then off the table and out the doorway.

The feline wandered the corridors until it found another walker on patrol, a black stylized Krayt Dragon on his armor. The jaws open around the visor, the front legs on the shoulder, the rear behind his thighs, and the tail around his shin.

"Mrour?" it said as it followed in his footsteps.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:46:12 PM by Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep »

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2011, 11:31:45 PM »
"Ship cats bring good luck" The admiral said absent minded as he tried to think of where the cat could come from.

Hot Drop's music was blasting full in his ears as he pulled himself into the pilots seat. As usually, the co-pilot seat was empty. It had been empty since the death of it's occupant, Jory, two years ago. He closed the bay doors, not noticing a cat slipping inside.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:52:16 PM by Drake Vhett »

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2011, 12:06:32 AM »
Hot Drop's music was blasting full in his ears as he pulled himself into the pilots seat. As usually, the co-pilot seat was empty. It had been empty since the death of it's occupant, Jory, two years ago. He closed the bay doors, not noticing a cat slipping inside.

The red-brown furred cat jumped up into the unoccupied seat, and after turning a few circles sat down, started washing it's right front paw, while it's tail swished softly across the seat where it sat. The cat purred as it finished it's bath. Then it stretched as it stood up again. It looked at the pilot a long moment before it gathered itself and then launched itself out of the co-pilot's seat and into the pilot's lap. It sat looking up at the visor of his helmet, tail swishing back and forth lightly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:47:23 PM by Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep »

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2011, 01:47:01 AM »
Hot Drop looked down at the cat. He patted it with one hand and piloted with the other.

"Where'd you come from?" he asked turning his head. He shrugged and continued to pet the cat when he got no answer. It was nice to have a companion on his three hour patrol.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2011, 11:23:12 AM »
The red-brown furred cat gave a mrour and watched as Hot Drop piloted the larty on his patrol, now and then it would stretch out a paw as it to point out the viewer at something, mrour at him and then settle back down, purring again. It seemed quite at home but them most cats were at home when they chose to be.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Hot Drop was glad his patrol was over. He set the gunship down in the hanger and and opened the hatch. He pushed the cat a bit to get it to move.

" 'Ey, Hot Drop, where'd you get the hat?" A pilot with a painted gear of his helmet.

"Don't know Gearbox. It just jumped in my lap" he responded.

"Watch out, they bite!" Gearbox joked as he walked away.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »
The feline purred and blinked at Gearbox, yawned widedly before it stretched and turned and nosed Hot Drop,s helmet before it jumped to the floor with a loud 'Mouwr,' it flicked it's tail and looked over it's shoulder at him as if waiting for him to follow.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2011, 11:57:05 PM »
"Am I being coerced into following a cat?" Hot Drop asked as he began running the set down list for his gunship. He looked at the cat when it meowed again. He held up a finger and continued his work. When he finished he gave Gearbox a look and started to walk after the cat.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2011, 12:22:38 AM »
The cat purred at it walked it glanced over it's shoulder from time to time as it lead Hot Drop away from the larty. When it finally came to a stop it sat down next to an open doorway. One of the ones that had been set aside for bunks. It was not that far from Miri's quarters either though by this time the engineer should have been sleeping. The feline mrouwred softly looking from the open doorway to Hot Drop, it's tails flicked lightly back and forth as it waited.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »
Lash smiled as the troops ooh-ed and awe-ed at the Admiral's conclusion. They began to disperse once more, so Lash stood.

"I'm going to check on the Marines again. Not much for me to do here. Good story, by the way."

He nodded to the Admiral and strode off the Bridge.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
"Eh, lived through my service. Might as well use it" the Admiral said. He had designated one of his Pilots CAG for the night, so he went down the halls and found the Captain's wardroom. He had no compunction about sleeping in a dead man's bed, and was asleep in seconds.