Author Topic: Star Wars: Blood Ties  (Read 2943 times)

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
Star Wars: Blood Ties
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:20:27 AM »
So I just found out that Dark Horse is putting out a new four-part comic series that's going to be focused on Jango and Boba Fett.  It's coming out at the end of August, and is supposed to be featuring some kind of multi-generational mission that Jango does but ends up impacting Boba somehow.  Links are here, and here for info on the first and second issues.  Not a whole lot of info out yet, but the summary definitely sounds interesting.

And just look at this cover art!  This ish is epic!! XD
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
Re: Star Wars: Blood Ties
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 04:32:59 PM »
geez, I wish I had a way to get them...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
Two words: Rapid share.  Okay, really one word and all because it's "Rapidshare" but...hey, yeah, use that. :P

All of the comics I've got are scans I downloaded or saved from online, and they're usually pretty good quality.  I know I'm going for these as soon as they come out, that's for sure.  It'd be nice to see them try to work a little more continuity between Jango and Boba, and you just know there's gonna be all kinds of badassery to the extreme with those two.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
Those pictures look awesome! I love that one w/ Jengo and Boba.

"badassery to the extreme" - to say the least !
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

shadowxander

• Major
  • Te racin ka'ra juaan kote.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:31 PM »
lol  Here...Facebook... I'm surprised you're not putting up posters, Mia.

I'm definitely liking the look of the art, and loving the sound of the storyline.
Kandosii sa kyr'am ast
Troan teroch jetiise a'den
Duraan vi at ara'nov
Vode an, ka'rta tor!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »
I suppose I could get them online, but if I get them in meatspace:

1) more money towards Mando products

2) higest-res ever

3) I can read them when the power/internet is out or the computer is unavailable!
It's Indiana Vlet!

shadowxander

• Major
  • Te racin ka'ra juaan kote.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 12:21:15 AM »
Number 3's really the only one that stands out for me.  The comics I've got from online have been very high-res, and these days, it doesn't seem to matter how much money is put into a specific area.  When someone with an overinflated sense of entitlement and disregard for the fans comes along, all the money that you've already forked over can mean absolutely nothing.
Kandosii sa kyr'am ast
Troan teroch jetiise a'den
Duraan vi at ara'nov
Vode an, ka'rta tor!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 12:41:14 AM »
these days, it doesn't seem to matter how much money is put into a specific area.  When someone with an overinflated sense of entitlement and disregard for the fans comes along, all the money that you've already forked over can mean absolutely nothing.
True.  Sad, but true.

And yeah, Vlet, I see your points.  I'm just throwing out options for ya, dude.
FYI, I've got a link for a bunch of good-res Mando/Jango/Boba comic book scans that you can check out online (no downloading needed) if you're interested.  (Open Seasons, KotOR, Star Wars: Jango Fett, the story with Boba and Sintas, and a couple others.)

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 10:23:04 PM »
Is it a Nukecd link? because I have that link... lots of good stuff... but I don't know if it's updated. Not to mention, it only has Mandalorian comics, and I'd like to read the whole KOTOR series...
It's Indiana Vlet!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 11:46:48 PM »
Is it a Nukecd link? because I have that link... lots of good stuff... but I don't know if it's updated. Not to mention, it only has Mandalorian comics, and I'd like to read the whole KOTOR series...
Yeps, that's the one.  Nevermind then. :P

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 08:57:56 AM »
Now, now, boys and girls Not to cramp anyone's style, but you ARE disussing copyright infringement, which has gotten sites shut down. We went over this when Order 66 came out, and we came to the consensus before: do what you want, just not on this site, and keep discussion either out of the forum, or to PMs.

Having said that, I probably would like to leaf through it, but comics have little appeal for me. If you put tthat stuff in a book, I'd totally fork over 12 bucks for it.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »
hey, the only reason I don't have hardcopies is I don't know where to get them...
It's Indiana Vlet!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 10:11:15 PM »
Now, now, boys and girls Not to cramp anyone's style, but you ARE disussing copyright infringement, which has gotten sites shut down. We went over this when Order 66 came out, and we came to the consensus before: do what you want, just not on this site, and keep discussion either out of the forum, or to PMs.
Oops, sorry bout that.

Having said that, I probably would like to leaf through it, but comics have little appeal for me. If you put tthat stuff in a book, I'd totally fork over 12 bucks for it.
You gotta open your horizons, dude!  There are sooo many good stories being done in comics, you're seriously missing out.

And now we've got cover art for the 3rd issue:

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 09:49:13 PM »
"And they never found the artist's remains..."
It's Indiana Vlet!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
"And they never found the artist's remains..."
lolz!
I'm loving these covers sooo much.  I hope the actual comic art is this good, or at least close.