Author Topic: Life On the Last Chance: Part One  (Read 15711 times)

Baka-Baka

• Private
Life On the Last Chance: Part One
« on: July 21, 2010, 02:29:53 PM »
Anybody interested in role-playing?

19 BBY, Outer Rim: the Republic has established a small base on an obscure planet in order to protect nearby supply lines as well as have an emergency back-up force for those sent to the system. Calling it the Last Chance, a battalion made up of survivors from former battalions* guards what may be the gateway to the Republic's victory in the Outer Rim. However, the Separatists have recently found out and are now bombarding them relentlessly...

* = the battalion stationed at the Last Chance was created from men who basically lost their own battalion (ex. 15 survivors out of 900) and couldn't rebuild.

I'll be troopers Vic and Torr. I'll be interested in what you guys think of! :)
...Did you say something?

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: Life On the Last Chance: Part One
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »
Uh, Character Bio's, a plot that tells us who we are playing as...

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Baka-Baka

• Private
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »
[spoiler][.........][/spoiler]

I'll restate what I've stated in my first post:

1) the characters' bios are basically whatever you want them to be. We need a couple of ARCs, one commander, and a whole bunch of troopers. Maybe the 512th Battalion got wiped out except for one or two; because of their special situation, they go to the Last Chance outpost, where other troopers with similar situations are residing.

2) the plot is that the Separatists are attacking the Last Chance outpost. And the Last Chance outpost guards several supply lines and acts as a back-up force to other Republic forces in the area, so it's vital to the Republic if they are to win any campaigns in the Outer Rim. The year is 19 BBY.

Is that better? Or should I break it down even more? (I just have a hard time explaining stuff, that's all.)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »
You said that in the first post? Hmm... My eye sight must be getting worse because all I saw were vauge references to an outpost and an enamy. The lack of a character bio for your characters was also rather confusing.

I understand the plot now becuase of direct references. And the BBY/ABY system is arbitrary and really only used in very analitical clasiffications.

Now, do you know what a character Bio is or do I have to throw up an example?

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »
Easy Drake, Easy.

I might be interested. Let me think on it, and for now I'll claim an ARC spot.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:21:52 PM »
If Drake and Nold join too, I'll take another ARC spot. Nold, if you play, maybe we could do like a two man ARC scout team stationed there or something?

Although, we do have numerous RPG's running already....

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 12:11:16 AM »
And some are dying *coughWOTAcough*

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Baka-Baka

• Private
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »
Easy Drake, Easy.

No, it's OK. I'm used to it. 8)

Drake, I usually make up my characters as I go, but if it puts your mind to rest, I'll give you a charrie bio of Vic and Torr...

VIC
Weapon of choice: vibro-cutter
Personality: mostly easygoing, but snippy and/or sarcastic under pressure

TORR
Weapon of choice: DC-15a
Personality: really quiet unless he's around Vic

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »
No one needs to tell me to be "easy". I'm sorry I like knowing what RPG I'm getting into before I join.

Name: CPT-136/66 "Bishop"

Description: His armour has the faded colors of his first unit, the blood red of the 66th Airborne. His armor has taken on a gray tone for constant combat and the ashes of his fellow troopers at Brimsant. He has a small comm antennae attached to the back of his helmet He has a face full of many scars, some even over-lapping.

History: He first saw combat at Brimsant, a fire world. His unit was dropped into a battle, out-numbered 3-1 against flamer droids. Regardless, they fought to almost the last man. One-by-one they fell, taking out a handful of droids. Eventually only 136 was left. he took out over twenty droids until reinforcements arrived, to find a land filled with the smoldering corpses of 136's comrades. 136 was covered in the ash of his brothers, burned either by the droids or by the pillars of fire that shot twenty meters into the air.

Other troopers called it Hell, 136 called it the place where he "found his true lord". 136 kept his head down and murmuring on the flight back to the ship. Some troopers swore they heard him praying, others heard him talking to a "lord". Regardless, 136 took on the name Bishop, and began hearing a voice. It is unclear if he is insane, or if he actually hears God, but he has dedicated his life to a holy war, and God doesn't like droids. Bishop took marksman training, and is the best shot in the Paratroopers, and is one of the best in the GAR. He lost four more units until coming to Last Chance

Personality: He is very detached, viewing death as a normal thing. He doesn't seem to feel pain, fear, or happiness. He talks sometimes about his lord, and refers to many as Infidels.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:06:47 PM by Drake Vhett »

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »
Name: Alpha-27 "Kor"

Description: Tall, muscular, like every other Alpha ARC. He has two sets of armor, one of which is the standar ARC Lieutenant's garb. He rarely wears this one, instead choosing to wear his special camo scout armor. His specialty is sniping and CQC, for which he has a 12 inch vibroblade. Kor has several non-regulation tattoos, but when you're a Black Ops ARC on a remote outpost in the outer rim, people tend not to question your tats.

History: Trained by Jango Fett along with 99 other Alpha ARC's, Kor and (insert Nold's charrie name here) were almost instantly chosen to be a two man team. They demonstrated considerably higher skill in Black Ops than the other Alpha's, who were also extremely talented in this area, as all Alpha's are.

Kor and (insert) started their fighting careers during the Battle of Kamino, where they served as a sniper and spotter; a demolitions team; an intelligence gathering team; and an assassin team for taking out the leading Seperatists during the battle. After their great success on Kamino, they were assigned to missions across the galaxy, only working with other ARC's twice.

The first time was while on Kamino, they helped Alpha rig the cloning tanks for destruction and defend this area for a short time. The second event, they worked with Alpha again to train a local gurilla force in black ops tactics.

Now, the two are stationed on Last Chance, where they help defend the station, and use it as a base of operations for work in the region of the outer rim.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 11:01:19 AM »
(( OOC: got room for more? ))

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »
OOC:I'd say that generally RPG's work better with a larger group of people.

Baka-Baka

• Private
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 06:34:29 PM »
(( OOC: got room for more? ))

OOC: Yes, feel free to join, ner vod. 8)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »
Is this RPG dead?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »
I guess so....

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: Life On the Last Chance: Part One[Hijacked]
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 12:56:47 AM »
OOC: I'm hijacking the RPG to start it. If the creator doesn't like it, he can shove off. Notice to all monotheistic members: Don't worry, I'm not knocking your specific religion. I'm using "God" in a generic term, so no need to go burning me at the cross or anything.

"And may his eternal grace shed light on the unclean, and burn them from the lands of light." Bishop finished praying in the gunship. He was with a few ARC's, the knights of his crusade, whether they knew it or not. They did God's bidding and so did he. He raised his head, which had been resting between his knees on the barrel of his rifle, the stock jammed into the floor. It was a three shot weapon, perfect for a marksman. He surveyed the others. He felt God's presence on each of them. They would serve the True Lord well.

OOC:I'm not used to spouting religious stuff all the time, or at all really, so if any of you religious types can give me a good example of an insane prophet or something, it would be nice to have some source material.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 05:40:33 PM »
((OOC: awesome post drake, just trying to figure what character to bring in for this then I'll happily add to the mix. :)  ))

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 06:36:53 PM »
OOC: For a wacko religion-spouter, that was good. I'll look around for an insane prophet or something. Until I can find one, from my life-long experience in churches, they do a lot of vocal proclimation of what they believe and refuse to even listen to anything else. Then they go to everybody and tell them what they're doing wrong in life and how to fix it. Stuff like that.

Alpha-27 Kor sat in the Larty Gunship, wearing his custom Scout Camo armor and sharpening his vibroblade. Bishop sat across from him, praying a mile a minute as always. Kor found his religion strange, but if that's what got you through the horrors of combat, then that's what you used.

Sheathing his vibroblade, Kor picked up his sniper rifle and laid it across his lap. Today's mission was to ambush a Seperatist outpost being used as a base for the attacks on the Last Chance.

Kor and his partner, Jor, Alpha-26, had a side mission as well. Intel reported that there were some troop movement plans inside the outpost, so they had to go and retrieve it. If there really is something there.... It was a standard part of his job to get false reports and go running off on wild goose chases.

Find an excuse to win.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »
Vin
CT 1307
Weapon of choice: DC 15, vibro-blade
Personality: Easy going, joker smart mouth, dedicated to his job and those he's tending too.

==============
Vin shook his head slightly listening as Bishop finished his prayer, Vin was checking his kit over and was pleased to find everything like it should be. He thought it was odd for Bishop to be praying but if it made him feel better for getting through each battle and losses so much the better. Vin missed his brothers and had their tallies on his belt. He nodded to Korr and the others. He was ready to go.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »
"How long to the land we will burn clean?" Bishop called to the pilot. The pilot shook his head.

"What?!" The pilot asked. He didn't understand what Bishop meant.

"The land of sinners we will render judgment upon." Bishop added.

"I still don't understand." The pilot responded.

"The Pit from which the devils come forth, which we will close with the might and power of our lord." Bishop said shaking his head at the pilots idiocy.

"Wh...what?" The pilot asked, now turning to face Bishop, forcing his co-pilot to take the controls.

"We head to a refuge of the clean, the untainted. From there we will go forth and purge all stains of hell. How long until we reach the bastion?" Bishop said slowly.

"We will arrive in twelve minutes." The pilot said, finally grasping Bishops words.

"If it is his will." Bishop said cryptically.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 04:58:05 PM »
Kor shook his head and rolled his eyes. At times like this, Bishop's nonsense got testy and annoying.  Jor nudged Kor in the side with his elbow, pointing to his pack.

Kor nodded and reached over to make sure it was secured properly. Unbeknownst to the other soldiers in the gunship, inside Jor's backpack was a special computer spike. It was programmed to insert a hopefully undetectable program into the Seperatist Battle Net. This program sends whatever information it comes across back to the relay station at the Last Chance, and then back to Coruscant.

If this worked, the GAR would be able to see the Seperatist plans and be able to prepare for them before they happened. It was a long shot that it would work, but they had to try. They couldn't let this war drag on indefinitely.

Kor rolled his neck, hearing the satisfying pop. "8 Minutes out!!" The pilot called. Kor and Jor nodded at him in unison. Ever since training, they had been a two piece machine of percision destruction. If they had been born normally, people would say they were identical twins, finishing eachothers thoughts and sentances, doing things at the same time without planning it, and knowing exactly what the other was planning without discussing plans.

Kor and Jor unbuckled their harnesses, getting ready to leap out of the Larty and spring into action.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 12:27:28 AM »
"May the holy lord above guide and protect us." Bishop said as the larty touched down. The bay doors opened to reveal a grassy planet. The only word to describe it was grassy. Waist-high grass stretched over flat land for miles around. The only change in the scenery was a small outcropping of buildings and tents in the only depression around.

"The lord leads me, so I will lead you." Bishop said as he took point.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 02:42:57 AM »
Kor was about to be irritated at this, but Jor placed his hand on his brother's shoulder. "Leave him be, Kor. If he wants to be the first one in line for plasma, or a mine, he can be our guest. We've got to keep this," Jor motioned to the backpack, "Out of fire as much as possible."

Kor nodded agreement, and took step behind Bishop, sprinting towards the Last Chance outpost. They made a quick check to be sure no Seps had penetrated while they were gone. Kor and Jor paused at the door to the command center, and stacked the sides. On three, the door opened, and the two burst in.

With nobody around, the pair relaxed a little and took seats, popping off their helmet seals and breathing in the un-filtered air.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:09:17 AM by N-11 Commander Ordo »

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »
OOC: I was under the impression we were going to Last Chance first, then to the Separatist outpost. Thus Bishop's use of words like "bastion".

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 12:05:59 AM »
OOC: Right, sorry :P Editing... Done
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:09:35 AM by N-11 Commander Ordo »

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 12:13:11 AM »
"Where are the holy warriors who should command and defend this place?" Bishop asked as he looked around. He had hoped to get to the cleansing soon today. He also wanted to ride from his chariot from above and sweep down upon the unclean like an angel.

OOC: I'll translate Bishop-speak. He's asking where is everyone and wants to do a para-drop and kill some droids.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 01:31:24 AM »
Kor looked around for a moment, then announced sternly, "The others are dead. They told Jor and I before we left last week that they feared their next mission would be their last. I believe they were ordered to try and set up an observation post near the Sep encampment. From the looks of things, the Seps noticed and killed them, and have not yet tried to overtake the base, not knowing how many more clones would be here."

"Which means," Jor continued for him, "It's time for a little payback. Looks like you got your wish, Bishop. Everybody get your gear together, we'll leave in 1 hour."

The two ARC Troopers stood in unison and walked off in silence. Upon reaching their quarters, they remarked how eerily quiet it was now that everyone was gone. The Last Chance had always been a quiet place, considering how few people were stationed there. But now, it was deathly silent. Every little sound echoed through the complex like shattering glass.

Kor and Jor unpacked the gear they'd used on their previous mission, replacing it with fresh ammunition and equipment. Jor pulled the special spike out of his pack, played with it in his hands for a moment, then held it up to his brother. "Time to use this?"

Kor thought for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah, might as well. The data we got from that factory," he indicated their last assignment off-planet, "said the Seppies were gonna heavily reinforce this place within the next couple days. Might be the last real chance we have to get in and out of there smoothly."

Find an excuse to win.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 12:16:26 PM »
Vin followed the others his eyes searching for trouble as he moved. He was ready to take down some droids. Lost brothers would be taken into account. He'd check for the armor tallies later. First things first keeping the droids from making them dead too. Then if nothing else once the base was secure, he'd make amends for their brothers.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 08:57:22 PM »
"I shall perform the last rights for our fallen brothers." Bishop said hanging his head. He smacked the butt of his rifle into the ground and knelt. He bowed his head and began murmuring. It was something he did after every battle for fallen brothers. He also did this when the order to retreat was given. Usually before turning the tide of the battle in some crazy fashion. Some said he was damn lucky, others said the stuns he pulled must have been allowed to him by his god.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »
An hour later, the pair walked out into the main area of the Last Chance. Everyone was assembling. Kor displayed the layout of the Seppie camp on a hologram, while Jor made mental notes about the latest Intel from around the galaxy.

"Everybody ready?"

Find an excuse to win.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »
Vin didn't miss a beat, "Ready Sir!" he was as ready as he was going to be for whatever they were heading into.
He wasn't sure what he was looking forward to more. Either way it didn't matter. There was a job to do and he
was going to do his part to the best of his skills and not quit no matter the odds.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 12:43:10 PM »
"Our objective is to penetrate their outer defenses and sabatoge prime targets that are available. There is a fuel depot here," Kor indicated the holoplans, "which they are completely reliant on for the moment. Take that down, we can majorly disrupt their operations."

Jor piped in. "You will also be acting as a useful distraction while Kor and I infiltrate their comms center. Here is our evac point, call us if you need assistance."

The two stood, shouldered their packs, and walked towards the flightline outside.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »
"We shall burn the unclean from this planet" Bishop murmured as he readied his rifle. He began walking toward the combat zone without a word, cutting off any other attempt at conversation.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 07:33:11 PM »
Even though the Separatist Encampment was only a few Klicks away, Kor and Jor decided to insert by Larty for the quickest In-and-Out. The pilot fired up the massive engines, sending an ear-bursting roar across the Last Chance facility.

"Let's move out!"

Kor shouted and ran for the Gunship.

Find an excuse to win.