Author Topic: Gears of War: King Raven Down  (Read 23125 times)

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
Re: Gears of War: King Raven Down
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2011, 09:51:57 PM »
Steele went fast to sleep

OCC: Gimme a sec working on edit
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:29:38 PM by CT-1199 Oronk »
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2011, 10:08:46 PM »
OOC: We're in the 'Dill driving...

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »
Michael looked over, and was shocked to see Steele asleep in his seat. How could you sleep just minutes after such a harrowing experience?

He just shook his head and got back in the Troika seat.

"Hey LT, how much farther till the crash site?"

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2011, 07:03:20 PM »
"Well, about 16 hours. We'll reach it in the morning. I want to find a place to lay low over the night to stay out of the Kryll's way. Out here they're active out here" Darac said as he rubbed his leg.

"That was a rough ride" he added.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
"Copy that." Michaels said with a shudder. He hated Kryll.

Then he noticed Darac rubbing his leg. "You need something for that?"

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »
"Nah, it's just going to be sore. I hit the nerve in the crook of my knee" Darac said.

"Ohh, that hurts man" Dom said wincing involuntarily.

"I 'member some guy on the other team in Trashball hit that, his knee cap flipped around and was in his joint" Cole said. "Man, he screamed so loud everyone went quiet" he added.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2011, 11:10:14 PM »
Steele twitched in his sleep...He was dreaming again he knew it but couldn't get out of it...The events of E day....His parents....Steele twitched more violently in his sleep and started grumbling and sweating....

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »
Darac leaned over and punched Steele in the shoulder, Hard.

"Wake up sunshine, heads to shoot, limps to maim, and grubs to annihilate" Darac said.

"Jack, commo check. Open a line to Control" Darac said. He adjusted his cap and shooter's glasses.

"Time to check in" he said. Marcus made a motion with his hand and grunted.

"No, I'm ranking, I've got it. Thanks though" Darac said as Jack's screen unfolded.

"Retrieval team to Control, over" Darac said a moment later.

--Control to Retrieval Team, what's your situation, over?-- Anya's voice floated over the speakers while her image appeared on the screen.

--We've had heavy contact. Reporting in a beserker sighting, over-- Darac said, putting his thumb to his ear.

--Repeat that Retrieval, did you say a beserker sighting, over?--

--Confirmed Control. Also one beserker kill-- Darac said, letting a smirk cross his face.

--Without a Hammer? I bet that's a story-- another voice cut in, Hoffman's.

--Retrieval, what's your ETA to the salvage site, over?-- Hoffman asked.

--Command, we are at least 36 hours from target. We'll have to find a safe spot for the night, over-- Darac responded.

--Good thinking Retrieval, Kryll are still active in your area. Keep your heads down and report to Command in the morning. If you need to get a hold of us before that, go through Control. Command out-- Hoffman said, worrying the LT.

--Control, is there something we should know about, over?-- Darac asked.

--Negative retrieval, Hoffman's just babysitting this mission. It's rather important to the COG, over--

--Roger that Control, Retrieval out-- Darac said as he close the link.

"Sheeit, that doesn't sound too good. Hoffman watching over out shoulder like that man? Makes me think we're doing something much more dangerous than just a retrieval op" Dom said.

"It's lightmass parts, Dom, it's a big deal" Marcus responded.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2011, 12:07:44 AM »
Devin gave a shrug of her shoulders, "Think of it this way, least we ain't bored or dead." she didn't like having surprises like Hoffman babysitting the mission either but it wasn't her job to keep Hoffman happy. She just had to worry about keeping the grubs off her squad mates and blowing the gray freaks to bug squat.  Kryll in the area that was no real surprise though she hated them as much as anything.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2011, 03:29:32 AM »
OOC: I'll try to give this story a bump, if you guys just want to let it die let me know.

Michaels bounced and bumped in the Troika seat for the better part of four hours, and the group had no more enemy contacts. They pulled over to a sudden stop, and dismounted from the 'Dills.

"This looks like a pretty good place, LT.  Opinion?"

He asked Darac, surveying the abandoned structure they had stopped at.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2011, 11:46:29 PM »
"It's got good overheard cover, walls look solid enough to keep the Kryll out" Darac said out loud, stretching his legs.

"From here it looks like the second floor's holding" Baird mused. He shot a look at Darac.

"Good thinking Baird. We can set up an over watch position there" Darac praised, earning a somewhat surprised look. Baird couldn't remember a time when an officer complimented him. It was usually the reverse.

"We'll sleep in shifts. Three inside the ground floor, one on the second story with a Longshot. Delta gets to cheat and have four on the ground. Flip a coin to see who get's first watch?" Darac asked, pulling out a now worthless coin. The embedded cog on the coin was catching the last of the day's light.

"Sounds good to me, man" Cole chimed in. Darac cast a glance up at the hulking man.

"I'm not going to argue with the guy who spent his previous life starting most things out with a coin flip" Darac said, handing the coin to Cole. Cole flipped it, and as it spun in the air, Marcus and Darac said simultaneously,

"Cog-side up" Moments later the reverse side, showing the head of one of the Allfather's, was laying defiant in Cole's massive hand.

"One second thought, you guy's take cog-side. We'll take Allfather side" Dom interjected as both squad leaders stared at the coin.

"Right then. Steele, Michaels, take the ground floor. Find positions covering the doors, but under a ceiling. I'll take up position on the roof," Darac  said, handing out a few small lights from under the seats in the 'Dill.

"These 'll keep the Kryll of you. All we have to worry about are proper, normal grubs. Delta, split up between two adjacent rooms in the middle. Taltos, you'll keep watch in between them. We don't want the wonder team  over here to end up like Sigma" he added, remembering the squad who had died a few days before Fenix had got out of prison. The lot of them had been killed in their sleep by Wretches while Alpha had kept watch out front.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »
"Roger that, boss."

Michaels said as he jogged into the structure. Plopping down behind some rubble, facing the door, he sighed.

"Welcome home, gentlemen! Too bad we don't have time for interior decorating."

Michaels slipped his Gnasher shotgun off his shoulder, made sure it was loaded, and rested it on the rubble facing the doorway.

Find an excuse to win.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2011, 10:34:35 PM »
Steele followed Michaels inside snickering at his comment "I think we need a new decorator this style is just so bleh!" he started moving some rubble on the other side of Michael creating a crossfire for anyone not welcome. Looking over at Michaels Steele asked "Well what do ya think? Not the greatest looks but I have to say I think I did a spiffy job"

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2011, 02:33:03 AM »
"All we need is a floral arrangement and we can open up a bed and breakfast. We should put up a sign that says 'Grubs Eat Free', and serve them piping hot lead" Darac said in a non-joking manner, his subtle reminder to focus and not dick around. Locust were one thing when you were moving in the middle of the day, but at night, where the Kryll were, that was a different story.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2012, 02:57:51 AM »
"Hell, they could probably go for a swim in that pool of stagnant water out back. Maybe the LT could give em a massage."

Michaels made one last remark, and then fell silent and serious again. He positioned himself to spring into action on a moments notice.

Find an excuse to win.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2012, 12:22:31 AM »
Steele tapped his Lancer as he endured the long wait looking out the door and not seeing much...Turning to the others "Hey anybody have any food? Like bacon?....I LOVE BACON!" Steele then went off in a long tangent about his love for bacon. He was sure he was boring the others but atleast it was something to do....

OOC:Dead or not?? I wanna try to keep this going....

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2012, 01:15:58 AM »
Darac was close to shooting at Steele five minutes into his Bacon talk. A quick word over the radio shut him up for a bit. Until the next topic started. Darac was letting him keep up his muted commentary. It was annoying enough to keep everyone awake. The guy was like Baird, insufferable, but like so to a manageable point. The way he acted was so different than the way everyone else acted it was a refresher.

OOC: I'm going to send Cassa an E-Mail to check on her. I haven't heard from her in a long time.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2012, 11:59:05 PM »
Michaels tried his best to simply tune out Steele's Bacon obsession, but it was an exercise in futility from the get-go.

He whistled softly and whistfully, "Man, we haven't had any real bacon in years."

One more thing to add to the list. It served as a motivator for Michaels, knowing what they could eventually have back if they won the war. The possibility of return to normal life was part of his insatiable drive for victory.

Find an excuse to win.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2012, 09:00:27 AM »
Devin shook her head, "Laddie iffen ye say Bacon once more I'm going to have to put us all out of misery by shooting ye in the backside." she was of course joking. Mostly, she'd give him a kick with her boot something, instead but still. Just the word was enough to bring memories of the smell of bacon as it cooked in a skillet, that wonderful greasy tang in the air that said "Bacon was cooking." Her favorite had been the maple flavored.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »
Steele sighed after Devin told him off and stopped the rant....he went back to staring into nothingness

OOC:WELCOME BACK Cassa!!! :D