Author Topic: Gears of War: King Raven Down  (Read 23414 times)

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
Re: Gears of War: King Raven Down
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »
Shawn Michaels walked up at the same time as Steele, but from the opposite direction. He saluted, "Corporal Shawn Michaels reporting, sir!" and dropped the salute. Shawn knew both of these men, and knew the were hard fighters. Good, we can get some things done with this squad. Shawn shook hands with both of them. "Darac, Steele, good to see you both. How we doing today?" Shawn leaned against the 'Dill and began cleaning his knife.

In a minute or so, the black blade was gleaming, so he sheathed it in it's chest sheath and pulled out a picture of Veronica, his fiancee. Whatever leave time he got he spent exclusively with her and nobody else. The wedding was in a month. Well, I've stayed alive this long. Another month is practically no time to wait. Right? Shawn had a disturbed/worried/thinking look on his face.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 05:02:45 PM »
"We're waiting for Talto and Delta to begin. Hoffman's briefing us and Anya's our controller." Talet-Kai said as one half of Delta squad walked up.

"How ya' doin' baby? The Cole Train in here and ready to play!" Cole said as he grabbed Talet-Kai and bumped him, almost knocking him over. Talet-Kai remember the engagement that had brought Talet-Kai and Michaels to face with Cole and Barid, and left half of Lambda dead.

"Yea, yea, let's get all this 'Hi how are ya' Bullshite out of the way." Baird said behind him.

"Damon baby, where are your manners? Boomer Lady's coming over to teach ya some." Cole said turning to face Bernie Mataki.

"Now what is my favourite boy doing here?" Bernie asked walking past Cole to face Talet-Kai.

"What about me Boomer Lady?" Cole asked good-naturedly.

"Oh it's a party now that Granny's here." Baird said.

"Baird, shut your face. I remember Mataki eat up guys like you in training, and I bet she still can," Talet-Kai said. "It's been too long Bernie." He said extending his hand.

"It has. I remember when you were a big hotshot in the COG." She said shaking his hand.

"Who says I'm not, still?" Talet-Kai asked.

"Look at the two arseholes remenising. It must be hard with Granny's dementia." Baird said.

"Look at the little bastard, my he's grown since we last saw you, isn't that right Michaels?" Talet-Kai asked.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 05:30:35 PM »
Steele sat back and let everyone introduce themselves he wasn't much of a "Social Butterfly" Sides he already knew everyone's name and if they didn't know his well...too bad Steele reached into his pocket and produced a flask and took a swig from it "Not much of the good stuff left" Steele frowned as he shook the bottle a little bit then put it back. Getting up Steele waved at Shawn "Hey hows it going man"
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »
"I hope you don't plan doing much more of that. I don't need a drunkard shooting me in the arse when the grubs are already trying to do the same to my face." Talet-Kai said pointedly.

"So, after you managed to run the COG out of training programs, what happened? You dropped out of contact until you won that Embry Star at Pelles." Bernie asked.

"Wait, wait a minute. You won an Embry Star? For what? Dry Cleaning?" Baird asked putting a hand imbetween Talet-Kai and Bernie.

"I won it for saving a group of arseholes such as yourself from overwhelming odds at Pelles." Talet-Kai said.

"Damon, baby, don't make the LT mad! He'll force you to stay back at base and peel potatos! Or do fifty push-ups!" Cole said.

"Bullshite." Baird said.

"Well Blondie, if Darac doesn't I will. I still out-rank you." She said.

"Anyway, I was at Asphio Fields as support, but an Asp shot down my King Raven. I had to save the pilot." Darac said.

"And then there was hospitalisation for a bunch of wounds, then Pelles." He finished.

"Damn, we could have used you." Bernie said.

"Yea, I found out about Carlos. I knew him growing up. He was a good guy." Darac said.

"On to other matters, what's our mission?" Bernie asked.

"Hell if I know. Hoffman's briefing us. All I know is that when I came out here this morning, the 'Dill was having four Troikas welded to it and hoods over that so no lucky sniper shots." Darac said. He was a marksman, not a sniper. He didn't use the zoomed scope on the Longshot that much.

"Sweetheart, there's no such thing as a lucky sniper shot." Bernie said.

"That reminds me, you ever get a Longshot?" Darac asked.

"Hell yes. I had to wrestle it away from a sniper team, but I pulled a few strings and used a few favours." Bernie said.

"That's good. I imagine we could use a capable sniper."Darac said as Marcus and Dom walked up.

"Marcus, Dom." Darac said casually.

"LT" Dom said.

"Lieutenant." Marcus said. He had a lancer resting casually on his shoulder.

"We're waiting for the last of my squad and Hoffman to be briefed." Darac said.

"Is Hoffman coming with us?" Marcus asked monotone. Darac knew he was always monotone.

"No, but he's briefing us. That means something big is coming." Darac said.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
"Look at the little bastard, my he's grown since we last saw you, isn't that right Michaels?" Talet-Kai asked.

Shawn leaned back on his right foot, crossing his arms with a look of humor upon his fac. "Sure has, Darac. You used to be such a little tike, Baird. All scrawny and whiny. I can see the latter hasn't changed." He shook his head and chuckled.

Shawn turned to Steele. "You know, same as always. Killing grubs, hangin with Veronica, then killing more grubs. You?"

Then he turned to Bernie. "Bernie, good to see you ma'am. I like your boots." Shawn gestured to Mataki's shoes with a grin. Like Darac, Shawn recieved most of his survival training from Bernie, and fought with her at Aspho Fields. Like everyone who'd met her, had great love and respect for her. He couldn't decide if she was like a second mom, or an aunt to him. It didn't really matter though, she was on his list of people he'd bet his life on, and that was the greatest honor he could give someone.

Shawn resented the capable sniper comment. "Hey man, I learned how to snipe from boomer lady here! I'm every bit as good as her." Shawn pretended to be upset at the comment. But honestly, he didn't care. Shawn proved himself in battle, where it counted.

"Marcus, Dom, good to see you. Ready to gut some grubs?"

"Alwasy, Shawn." Marcus said in his gruff groan of a voice.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »
--Give Hoffman a few minutes guys, he got delayed in a meeting with Chairman Prescott.--Anya said over the radio. Jack was hovering next to the 'Dill with the video screen out.

--Are you ease dropping like I taught you?-- Darac asked. Marcus seemed like he had something to but didn't.

--I don't need to, Hoffman is swearing up a storm. There was a crash earlier, I think he broke a chair. You guys better watch out.-- Anya said.

--Wilco, Anya. Did you give Matheson the appropriate kick in the arse to get him vitalized today?-- Darac asked.

--No, he's sick. He ate a bad ration back on watch the other day and has food poisoning.-- She said.

--Ration packs go bad? When was it dated? What, was it like from before the Pendulum Wars?-- He asked. Bernie made a face at the mention of a bad ration pack.

"I got one of those back in basic." Bernie said. She was interrupted by Baird.

"Maybe he got a ration pack from Granny's old days. I bet it had spider webs and everything." Baird said.

"Damon, baby, don't interrupt Boomer Lady. Remember the poor Kitties." Cole said. Bernie continued like she hadn't heard Baird.

"The pack had a tiny hole, like the size of a needle. Even rations spoil when exposed to air." Bernie finished.

--That may be the case. Also didn't help that Matheson was working a double so I could stay on with Delta during the Lightmass Bombing.-- She said sounding guilty.

--Hey Anya, It isn't your fault. He would have gotten sick anyway. We get new ration packs and I feel like I'm getting sick every time I eat one.-- Dom said.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »
--Hey Anya, It isn't your fault. He would have gotten sick anyway. We get new ration packs and I feel like I'm getting sick every time I eat one.-- Dom said.

"Copy that." Shawn said with a grunt and a chuckle. --Hey Anya, while we're standing here socializing and all, have you talked to Veronica lately? I think she's needing some female talk time, if you get the chance.--

--Sure thing, Shawn. I'll call her later today.--

--Thanks.--

Shawn decided to spend the free time checking his weapons. He loaded slugs into his Gnasher, a fresh mag into his Lancer, a round into his Longshot, and a mag into his Snub. Now all that was left was to wait for the rest, they could get this show on the road.

"By the way, I call a Troika."

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 10:47:53 PM »
"Troika? You get the map! Steele here will spill alcohol all over it, Cole's to big to fit in the drivers cabin, Baird's too stupid, Bernie 'll already back seat drive me when I turn the damn thing on, Dom 'll be braving the snipers to clear out Stranded, and Marcus 'll be video chatting with Hoffman so they can profess their true love for each other." Darac said.

"I got to keep big or Boomer Lady 'll feed me kittens to make me strong." Cole said.

"Arsehole." Baird said simply.

"You don't want to turn it too hard or you'll snap the key." Bernie joked.

"Why I got to clear out the Stranded? It's not like we can't drive around. I like my head how it is." Dom said.

"Very funny." Marcus growled.

"But in all seriousness, Cole is way to big to fit into the driver cabin." Darac said.

"I made shifts, since the Troikas are connected to the crew bay(The Troikas are attached at the ends of the crew bay, so that the only part that is exposed is the head and hands, which has a metal hood over it). Steele, Baird, Dom, and Michaels, you have first shift. Then it's Bernie, Marcus, Talto, and Cole. I get to drive the entire time 'cus I'm the LT and I'm pulling rank."

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »
"You got it, boss. We're ready to rock." Shawn said, looking around. "Where is everyone else? The grubs aren't gonna wait forever." Shawn was itching to get out in the field after a weekend of leave.

--Hey Anya, you got a sitrep on Hoffman?--

Find an excuse to win.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 11:46:21 PM »
Steele threw a lazy half salute at Darac "Great a smartarse for a LT what is the world coming to?" Steele  said as he brandished a rather rude finger gesture. Turning to Shawn Steele scoffed "ehh nothin much, you need to just tie that knot man seriously"  Looking at the others Steele gave a nod to each of them his usual welcome method...

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 11:49:22 PM »
--The cursing has stopped, or at least is quieter. I'd say five to ten minutes. Get loaded into the 'Dill, but leave the hatch open. That way the Colonel can brief you all.--Anya said.

--I'll stay outside. I'll need him to give me the map. And are we taking JACK or GEORGE?-- Daracs asked.

--Understood. It 'll be JACK. GEORGE is up for repairs. He lost an arm folding up. After he recharged I had him run a range of motion diagnostic. And apparently he had a rusted joint. Besides, JACK has the vid screen.-- Anya said.

--Yea, how else will Marcus and Hoffman make up. What do you think he'd do if I called him Vic?--

"Shove a boot up your arse." Bernie shouted at him. She was checking her Lancer and Longshot. Cole was trying to make his seat slide back, but it was jammed. Baird wash checking the 'Dill's engine, Dom was checking his Troika, and Marcus had his eyes closed, arms crossed over hid chest, I'm thinking pose going on.

"Cole, want to swap seats?" Bernie asked. She slid hers all the way back.

"Please?" Cole asked as they swapped. There was plenty space for everyone. Taltos would fit between Bernie and Marcus nicely, Baird could get to his Troika, and there was some nice leg-space in the drivers seat. Though he wasn't exposed directly, Talet-Kai would be in the most danger. A boomshot would go through the glass and into him. Two or three sniper shots would break the glass if they hit at the same time on the same spot. And if there was an engine malfunction or a fire, Talet-Kai wouldn't be able to get out. And if the 'Dill fell on it's face, Talet-Kai would be a pancake.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
Devin Taltos, red haired, with jade green eyes currently narrowed with fury; at 5 feet and no change ran full tilt for the Dill, her kit was secure and not making any noise. "Oi which o' you arses told Glenn t' hold my 'plosives? He had em all mucked up!" Glenn Mossy had everything all mixed up, spread out. It had taken her a while to sort it all out again. Which made her LATE which pissed her off something fierce.

She came to a halt by the Dill and looked up at the Lt. gave a salute and looked towards the Dill, she was lucky she was so short though with all the kit it was going to be a snug fit. Unless she put it at her feet. "Oi Cole Train ye're looking thin. Boomer Lady no' feedin' ye good or wha?"

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 11:34:06 AM »
"The Cole Train had to go on a Diet. Else I neva was gonna' fit in here." Cole said.

"And it would seem that your pet name for me is spreading. I remember when people used to call me Bernie." Bernie joked.

"When was that Granny? Or is the alzhiemers making it too hard to remember?" Baird asked from outside.

"It was the last time I rammed my boot up your arse." Bernie said.

"Now, now. You said I'd get the kitty fur boots, and I don't want them to get stuck up Bairds arse." Cole said.

"Shite. Okay everyone, start calling me Lieutenant for the next five minutes and can the chatter, Hoffman's coming." Darac said. Baird closed the 'Dill and went inside.

"Lieutenant. I see all of Delta and Lambda are here, good. Now as you all know, we used the only Lightmass Bomb. we had to destroy the Locust tunnels. We had the parts to make another." Hoffman said.

"What do you mean had, sir?" Darac asked.

"I mean we were transporting the most critical parts of the Lightmass Bomb from up north beyond Port Farrell. Then the King Raven was hit by nemascyst. It seems that Port Farrell still has some heavy Locust activity, including Kryll. So we are sending you on foot to retrieve the parts. They include a converter box about a foot on each side, a heat sink, which is a flat mesh, and a arming cap, which looks like and is the top of the bomb." Hoffman answered.

"I know what that looks like." Dom said.

"It is imperative that we retrieve all of the parts. Shake down all the Stranded and kill every Locust you have to, we won't be able to make replacements." Hoffman said.

"Yes sir. Do I get a map?" Darac asked. He had spent some time there as a child when his father had been stationed there, and he knew it well.

"No. You get something better. We managed to take a vid screen and download a map into it. JACK will map out the best course in stealth mode and send it to the vid screen, which was installed in the driver's cabin. Good luck." Hoffman said.

"Yes sir." Darac said as he saluted. Hoffman saluted back. Darac got into the 'Dill and started it up. He closed all the hatches and suddenly it was very dark.

"Everyone keep their hands to themselves." Bernie joked as they started off.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »
"Yes sir." Darac said as he saluted. Hoffman saluted back. Darac got into the 'Dill and started it up. He closed all the hatches and suddenly it was very dark.

"Everyone keep their hands to themselves." Bernie joked as they started off.

Devin bit back her comments, since Darac said can it. She liked MOST of Delta Baird got on her last nerve but he also knew she wasn't afraid of slugging him in the chops. The banter from Cole Train was always uplifting. Bernie's stories and well pep for her age was also something of awing to Devin. Her own mother was having all she could to do to keep up with Devin's two year old sons; Hayden and Conrad. She missed them when she was away but she felt it was important to get rid of the grubs and find out what happened to Nathanial. She knew being MIA for so long was not a good sign but until she had his dog tags in hand she'd hope he was still kick grub arse out there.

During the briefing from Hoffman she kept quiet and attentive. Another Light Mass Bomb. Parts of it. That was NOT good. She was glad when they were off even with Darac driving.

"Oi Bernie, Mom's neighbor is lookin' for homes for kittens. They're all calicoes." she said with a grin. "Ye want me to tell her to hold some o' them for ye? Might get a whole vest out o' them iffen ye're careful."

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 12:11:43 PM »
"Nah. No sport if they're given to me. Besides, I have to keep sharp shooting the feral cats." Bernie joked.

"Man, I don't think I ever had a pet." Dom said wistfully.

"The only pets we ever had were the dead ones in display cases." Marcus said quietly, in his usual monotone.

"Man, I had the biggest dog growing up! He could tackle me when I played thrashball at school. Then he died off old age. You know how you always herd 'bout kids burryin their pets in shoeboxes? I had to burry 'em in a cardbord box. Momma was so mad that I ripped up her garden to bury him." Cole laughed. Darac avoided a group of citizens by going down a side alley.

"Hey, arsehole, how long of a trip is it to Port Farell?" Baird asked.

"Well dikewad, it's a day to and from, and it 'll take us a day to get the parts. That's of there aren't any Locust and only the Stranded scavenged the parts." Darac said. Extra fuel tanks had taken up the space for supplies like food, but they could drive for 4 days and be fine.

"We'll have to find food as we go. That means you're goin a huntin' Bernie." Darac said.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 12:21:36 PM »
Steele was manning the Troika looking down in the hatch he smiled "Plenty of fresh air up here guys"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:43:09 PM by CT-1199 Oronk »

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »
OOC: Steele should be on a Troika, which the opening would give him plenty fresh air...

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 03:39:48 PM »
"ehh nothin much, you need to just tie that knot man seriously" 

"Three weeks, man. She wants it to be on that day and no other. Apparently she has a lot of faith in my survival skills." Shawn laughed. It was really all he could do when he thought about it. Laugh, smile, and pray he made it that long.

Shawn climbed into his Troika and the 'Dill roared off. Scanning the surroundings, Shawn asked "Hey Darac, we got any authority to shoot resisting Stranded if they got parts fo the Lightmass?"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »
"Theft of War materials is a capital offense, and we could do a field execution, but the Stranded in Port Farell might be the docie kind. I remember soon after Hammer Day, my squad came across some Stranded who were very nice. They said they understood why everything had been so secret, and why the Hammer Strikes had been nessasary, but they couldn't rejoin the COG because they realised that our form of government was not the way to go. Almost sounded like Indies, but they wanted even tighter government controll. So we went on our way and never heard from them since. So I'll give them the benifit of the doubt. Besides, you've never been to Port Farell, have you Dom?" Darac asked.

"Benifit of the doubt for the Stranded? Just let's 'em shoot us first." Baird said. Darac took a deep breath so he didn't smack Baird's head on the panel behind him.

"Nah, never needed to come down here. Why?" Dom asked.

"Just thought you'd want to flash Maria's picture around and see if anyone saw her." Darac said as he went down Jacinto's main road out of the city.

"You'd actually take the time to let me do that? I remember I asked Kim and he told me that 'it is a waste of mission time'." Dom said.

"Kim was an arsehole and didn't see past the leftover Shite from sticking his head up Hoffman's arse. Hoffman didn't favor Kim for that." Darac said. He opened the panels a smidge to allow everyone a view of the city. The block they were in was filled with gardens, and citizens waving at them.

"Goddamn, I forgot what it was like to have a civillian like me. I need to deal less with Stranded and more with Citizens." Darac said.

"There's a reason the citizens stayed. Because their smart enough to realize the COG, and by extension Gears, are there to save them. Stranded don't think we're anything but invaders." Marcus said.

"Yo man, that chick's flashing us. I might need to get out and, uh, check where we are by asking for directions." Cole said amused.

"Men, so eaisily distracted by a pair or brests. If the Locust were so easily stopped, I'd go into combat without a shirt." Bernie muttered.

"No Locuts want's to have to stair at the ground to see yours Granny." Baird snipped.

"We could just go around showing them yours then." Bernie said back.

"Score: 1 Bernie, 0 Baird." Darac laughed.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 08:45:05 PM »
"Id be up for some field executions" Steele said with a smile