Author Topic: Gears of War: King Raven Down  (Read 23413 times)

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
Re: Gears of War: King Raven Down
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2010, 05:56:51 PM »
Devin snickered as she sat next to Bernie, she wasn't going to get into the banter just yet besides she wasn't entirely sure it would be welcome since she wasn't part of Delta's squad. The stranded didn't bother her much at least not when they didn't have stuff they shouldn't. It irked her something fierce to have to gather up stuff they'd nicked from fallen Gears. Or even stolen from wounded Gears. Either way she hated them at times like that.

"Darac, there been any word from Tango Squad?" she asked after a few quiet moments.

((OOC: fixed my error. teach me to post when i'm not done making dinner. ;)  ))
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:16:38 PM by Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep »

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
"I sure hope we don't have to wrestle that parts away from 'em. We should be fighting grubs, not other people." Shawn said with a grunt. In his mind, the Stranded were pretty stupid to fight the COG. Taking parts and getting them taken back by force was even dumber. What good did it do?

Shawn didn't look at the flashing woman. He had no desire to. "Come on Cole, You should be on your best behavior infront of the women. They don't like it when they are referred to so un-respectfully. What would your mama say?" He joked. Shawn knew Bernie and Devin didn't really care. Boys would be boys, and discussing women was part of being a guy.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »
"Momma would have said to look away." Cole said guiltly.

"Uh, no. I didn't hear anything about a Tango squad. Why?" Darac asked. He was trying to get throught a sea of cars without scratching the 'Dills paint, and it was taking all of his focus.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:13:10 AM by Drake Vhett »

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »
((OOC: made an edit from Taco to Tango, that will teach me to try and post while I'm not done cooking dinner.  ;)  ))

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »
OOC: Take Taco as edited to Tango. I can't edit on my phone. And when Darac says any, he means any as in Tango-1, Tango-2, ect. Unless you want him to have some news, then I can make a second post when they clear the cars, allowing him to focus and remember.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 02:08:28 AM »
There was a small thump as the 'Dill bounced over something.

"Damn Lieutenant, someone needs to do something about all the rabid dogs. We just flattened one!" Shawn laughed a little, looking back at the small dark speck on the road. He reached down and punched Cole in the shoulder. "Just messin' with you man. You ain't got a lady, so look all you want."

Shawn went quite again as they neared the edges of the semi-civilized world. He made sure his Troika was loaded and ready to rock.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 02:26:05 AM »
"Shite. That's a bad omen." Darac said. He wasn't into all the spiritual stuff, but it never hurt to be careful.

"Man, now you're sounding like Tai." Dom said.

"And? Want me to tell Tai you don't like his spiritual stuff?" Darac asked.

"Hell no man, I like my head attached." Dom said.

"I'd deal with the dog's if it wasn't such a waste of ammo." Bernie said.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 10:41:11 PM »
Devin kept her sigh of mixed relief and disappointment to herself. No news meant they had not been found dead. It almost meant there was no proof of them still living. "We can always put spikes into the dogs, saves the ammo." she said after a moment to look towards Bernie and the others.

Devin didn't like the wild dogs much but she agreed it was a waste of ammo to shoot them unless they were being attacked by them.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 11:33:48 PM »
"I'll rig up a few traps when we get back. But for now lets get comfortable. Steel, Devin, you guys are new to Lambda-1. What's your story?" Darac asked.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »
Steele looked down and flipped Darac off "No life stories from me pal. Put your life on the line for me then I will talk." Steele didn't enjoy the whole Bonding thing it was usually against his grain to talk about the past...
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »
Shawn punched Steele in the shoulder, hard.

"You better stow that kind of attitude, dude, or things could go south for you pretty damn fast."

Michaels liked Steele, but he could be stuck up more often than not. He wasn't the social type. However, not wanting to talk and flipping of the Lietuenant were two very different things.

Find an excuse to win.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2010, 07:23:53 PM »
"Opinated, ordinace brat." Devin said with a wide cheeky grin. She'd resisted in giving Steele a boot up his backside. Specially since someone else had already slugged him in the shoulder. "Been told more 'en once I've got a temper." she added with a snort. Devin shrugged slightly, "No' much to be tellin' got a fiance out there somewhere. Hopin' he's alright along wi' the rest o' his squad." she said softer but she wasn't afraid to admit that she was worried about Nathanial and his squad.

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »
Darac ignored Steele. He had always ignored morons before, and wouldn't stop now. He extended a hand behind him to Devin.

"Nice to meet you. Hopefully you'll save that temper for the grubs." Darac said smiling. He had already put two and two together about a Tango squad and the fiance. No one, not even Baird, could accuse Darac of being stupid.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2010, 12:46:32 AM »
Shawn stifled a yawn. The steady throbbing of the 'Dills engines was lulling him. He shook his head to regain his composure, and focused on the road ahead. Shawn used his sniper rifle to scan the area far ahead of them. It never hurt to be prepared to drive into an ambush.

"How long do ya'll think it'll be before contact? Five minutes? Ten?"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 12:53:34 AM »
"I'd wager about fourteen seconds, judging from that slight shift in the suspension." Darac said as he pulled the 'Dill into an alcove. He opened the rear hatch.

"Menix, Santiago, Steele, Michaels, Taltos, on me, I'll take point. Baird, Matakai, Cole, guard the 'Dill. Cole, keep 'em off each other." Darac said as he switched into the role of the commander instantly.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 12:57:12 AM »
Steele shrugged his shoulders trying to get out some cramps "6" Steele thought out loud "6 minutes till we hit contact putting down 3 bottles of whiskey on it" Steele said to nobody in particular...

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2010, 01:01:00 AM »
Shawn had to steady himself as the 'Dill rocked a bit. He grinned as he pulled out his Lancer and hopped out of the vehicle. "I take that bet. And...." Shawn saw an E-hole start to form, " you've lost it. You all heard him, you're all witnesses. He owes me three bottles of whiskey." Michaels quickly trained his rifle on the emergence hole as it started to sink. He wanted the whiskey not in Steele's hands as much as in his own. He wasn't all that fond of alcohol in more than small doses. 

"Someone wanna put a grenade in there?" Shawn's heart started thumping in his ears. The spiky sensation of adrenaline began. He could hear the grubs just below the surface. "Come and get some, grubs..." He whispered to no one.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2010, 01:06:37 AM »
"No, he owes me. I said 18 seconds. It was less, so I'm closest." Darac said as he studies the terrain. There were a few burnt out cars and nothing else in the empty square, and only two exits, including the one they had come in from. Darac's eyes focused on a car with wheels near the hole.

"Micheals, how about we give the grubs a ride? See that car? We'll push it into the hole. Kill 'em and close the hole. Everyone cover us." Darac said.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2010, 01:18:16 AM »
Steele cursed and raised his lancer He aimed down his sights and gave a grub 10 rounds in the face after dropping the grub Steele ran to a Car and took cover behind it..Hoping it didn't have a tank of gas...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:29:57 AM by CT-1199 Oronk »

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2010, 01:25:06 AM »
OOC:What fountain? I stated there is nothing but empty square and cars(That's important).