Author Topic: Which Mandalorian Clan you would be,and why?  (Read 45281 times)

RC-1195 TYRO

• Private
  • "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Which Mandalorian Clan you would be,and why?
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:28 PM »

Three examples of Mandalorian armor: Crusader, Neo-Crusaders, and Death Watch
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:55:37 PM by RC-1195 TYRO »
They are the First to Move
Toward the Sounds of Chaos
the Only Things Louder Than the Sounds of Chaos
Are the Sounds of the Few Moving Toward Them.

"Hard Corps is the only way I know."
---The Warrior Song - Hard Corps

Semper Fi till I die.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
Re: Which Mandalorian Clan you would be,and why?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:48:45 PM »
True Mandos......
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

RC-1195 TYRO

• Private
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:50:31 PM »
Clans,Crusader, Neo-Crusaders, or Death Watch.
Sorry,wrote armor instead of clan. :blush:

Semper Fi till I die.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »
Well to clarify, those are actually eras or Mandalorians and not really Clans.   
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

RC-1195 TYRO

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:05:21 AM »
Sorry about that.
Which would you choose?

Semper Fi till I die.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »
I like the crusaders and neocrusaders under Canderous Ordo the best, taking over the galaxy is more fun than merc work...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 12:15:34 AM »
None of 'em really have the cool factor that the True Mandos have.  My opinion, anyway...
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
I like the crusaders and neocrusaders under Canderous Ordo the best, taking over the galaxy is more fun than merc work...
None of 'em really have the cool factor that the True Mandos have.  My opinion, anyway...

I would like to be one of these, personally. Marauding under Canderous sounds awesome, and being a CW-Era True Mandalorian with Skirata sounds great too :P

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
Seriously, I'd be anything but those peace-crapping hutuun'la diplomats that call themselves "New Mandalorians." :yuck:

I don't really like the Death Watch, either, but I guess I'd join if I didn't really have any other choice. :|

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 09:47:37 AM »
Better to be Deathwatch than shabla pacifist politicians.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
I would like to be one of these, personally. Marauding under Canderous sounds awesome, and being a CW-Era True Mandalorian with Skirata sounds great too :P

You would get to fall from the sky on a Basilisk Droid marauding with Canderous...I would be in his era just for that.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 11:40:57 PM »

Definitely. At least the Death Watch embody some of the Mandalorian spirit...even if only a little.

You would get to fall from the sky on a Basilisk Droid marauding with Canderous...I would be in his era just for that.

Oh heck ya  8)

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 01:04:22 AM »
Mandalorians were the most badshebs in the Old Republic era.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 07:19:49 PM »

Absolutely! 8)

So, for any of you who are wanting a complete list of the "types" of Mandalorians (I hope none of you are, since most of us are Mando at heart), here it is:

TAUNG - these are the original peeps that everyone sings about. Taung sa rang broka Mando'ade ka'rta, right? All I know is that they came from Coruscant and kicked butt for a while before the Sith got them involved in something messy and blah blah blah.

CRUSADERS - Long story short: kicked butt, conquered a whole bunch of planets before the Old Republic stopped them or something. I'm lazy; go look it on on Wikipedia.

NEO-CRUSADERS - Again with the conquering!! Took right after the shining example(s) that the Crusaders left behind, all the way up to being scattered by the Old Republic. Or the Jedi. Or both. Or something like that. (Told you that I'm lazy!)

MANDALORIAN KNIGHTS - Failed project led by Antos Wyrick, who attempted to create Force-using Mando warriors. Jarael and Chantique were notable members.

MANDALORIAN MERCS - No, I'm not talking about the costuming club. :P These guys are your stereotypical Mandos, who work for the highest bidder, no matter what the job.

NEW MANDALORIANS - Peaceful, sweet-talking diplomats. Enough said. :yuck:

DEATH WATCH - "To kill, or to be killed; that is the question." I see the Death Watch as bloodthirsty, anarchical radicals who have banded together for some cause that got them kicked off Mandalore for...well, basically forever. If I'm wrong, then it's obviously because their name sends the wrong message.

TRUE MANDALORIANS - Hooray for the supercommando codex! Whatever would we do without morals and guidelines?? And Kal Skirata?? 8)

CUY'VAL DAR - 75(?) guys and gals who volunteered to disappear off the face of the galaxy in exchange for a large sum of money and the opportunity to train a clone army. Walon Vau could probably be their poster boy.

MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS - made to protect Mandalore. It's all in the name. :upsidedown:

CLONE DESERTERS - OK, this is not a "type" of Mandalorian, but they really don't fit in with any other category. Especially since some of them wore Mando armor but didn't really get the culture (like me, LOL...).

OTHER - These are your "ruffians", your "outcasts", the less-liked of your community (besides the Death Watch). They will include pirates, poachers, off-world gladiators, intergalactic outlaws (like, the really REALLY bad ones), rogues (the scary type that almost never talk unless sentencing someone to death), traitors!!!, slaves  :(, thugs for hire, etc. etc. Yep, you probably don't want to be this kind of Mando.

*If there are any other kinds out there, please post. I would love to steal it for my personal archives. :cute:

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 11:03:42 PM »
I'd be a Crusader. All of the good times and none of the nasty large-scale glory-hounding conflict under the manipulation of third parties. Back the the Basics, as it were.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 01:38:25 AM »
Where would you be in relation to KotOR? Just out of curiosity.

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »
Before that, prefferably. I don't enjoy being on the wrong end of a lightsaber.

If I had to be in it, well now, I'd be on a patrol going AWAY from Malachor V.

On second thought, I'd say on somewhere like Taris and be an occupying force soldier.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 12:52:37 AM »
You'd have to get off Taris eventually...

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 05:40:44 AM »

THIS Vode.... This ^^^.... This is Shereshoy!

In KOTOR II, when you drop into Onderon with the Basilisk is my favorite part of the game! I only wish you could do more with it. But seriously, that would be WICKED.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
Yeah, it would indeed. I especially want a first-person version, like in ODST but with the ability to actually control it and fight...

Oh, and the True Mandalorians were a mercenary group.
It's Indiana Vlet!

shadowxander

• Major
  • Te racin ka'ra juaan kote.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 12:57:40 AM »
Never been the conquering type, personally, so I'd have to go with the True Mandalorians/Mandalorian Protectors or just generally the "Modern"-style of Mandos as some kind of mercenary or other private contractor.

Oh, and the True Mandalorians were a mercenary group.

Partially.  Primarily, "True Mandalorians" was the name that the supercommandos loyal to Jaster Mereel—friends, a chunk of Mandalore's standing army, and several prominent clans—took to basically piss off the Death Watch and rub it in their face that they'd gone astray.  After they believed the Death Watch to be destroyed on Concord Dawn, Mereel decided to adapt the True Mandos into a mercenary army similar to the later Mandalorian Protectors under Boba Fett.  But their main role was still as an anti-Death Watch force, and they focused on combating the Death Watch every time they came back up until the True Mandalorians were destroyed at Galidraan.

Other than that, I believe ol' Spart'ika summed things pretty good for everyone else.
Kandosii sa kyr'am ast
Troan teroch jetiise a'den
Duraan vi at ara'nov
Vode an, ka'rta tor!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
I never heard of them specifically seeking out the Death watch, with the exception of Jango after the True Mandalorians were downed. It seemed more like the Death Watch was the group actively pursuing them.
It's Indiana Vlet!

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
Partially.  Primarily, "True Mandalorians" was the name that the supercommandos loyal to Jaster Mereel—friends, a chunk of Mandalore's standing army, and several prominent clans—took to basically piss off the Death Watch and rub it in their face that they'd gone astray.  After they believed the Death Watch to be destroyed on Concord Dawn, Mereel decided to adapt the True Mandos into a mercenary army similar to the later Mandalorian Protectors under Boba Fett.  But their main role was still as an anti-Death Watch force, and they focused on combating the Death Watch every time they came back up until the True Mandalorians were destroyed at Galidraan.

Other than that, I believe ol' Spart'ika summed things pretty good for everyone else.

Told you I was lazy with details. Thanks for clearing that up, ner vod. 8)

shadowxander

• Major
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 09:45:10 PM »
I never heard of them specifically seeking out the Death watch, with the exception of Jango after the True Mandalorians were downed. It seemed more like the Death Watch was the group actively pursuing them.

It's alluded to that the entire reason Jango and the True Mandalorians took on the Galidraan job in the first place, was to get to Tor Vizsla whom the Galidraan governor was helping.  It's also alluded to that the reason Vizsla's on Galidraan asking for handouts in the first place is because the True Mandalorians had hunted them and nearly destroyed them at some point between the Battle of Korda 6 and Galidraan.

Told you I was lazy with details. Thanks for clearing that up, ner vod. 8)

Not a problem.  And hey, you're not lazy, you just went for a...basic summary. lol
Kandosii sa kyr'am ast
Duraan vi at ara'nov
Vode an, ka'rta tor!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »
Still, I thought the Death bwatch was formed after the TM, not the other way around... huh.
It's Indiana Vlet!

shadowxander

• Major
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 11:37:19 PM »
From the History of the Mandalorians:
"Many bloodthirsty and amoral Mandalorians resented [Jaster Mereel], having enjoyed the unaccountability of their mercenary lifestyles.  Among them was the soldier [Tor] Vizsla, who gathered the dissenters into a splinter group, the Mandalorian Death Watch. Mereel's supercommandos, in turn, recast themselves as the True Mandalorians, and total war ensued."

The narration in Open Seasons makes it sound a bit different, though.  While talking to Sidious, Dooku says:
"Decades ago, the mercenary group known as the Mandalorians fractured, giving rise to a chaotic splinter group.  They called themselves 'Death Watch' and followed a barbarian called Vizsla, who believed that the Mandalorians should conquer the galaxy. Vizsla orchestrated a bloody coup...against the True Mandalorians still loyal to a reformed murderer named Jaster Mereel..."

I think the issue of potential confusion stems from the Open Seasons writers' idea that the Mandalorians were a mercenary group rather than a people of a specific culture, and that the True Mandalorians appearing in Open Seasons were the only Mandalorians there were before it was understood or retconned—depending on how you want to look at it—that there were more to the Mandalorians than just that smaller force Mereel and later Jango were leading.
Kandosii sa kyr'am ast
Duraan vi at ara'nov
Vode an, ka'rta tor!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 01:20:44 PM »
Hm. Either way, they're far smaller players in the arena of galactic politics than the comics made them seem...
It's Indiana Vlet!

shadowxander

• Major
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 12:24:04 AM »
Hm. Either way, they're far smaller players in the arena of galactic politics than the comics made them seem...

Yeah, I'd agree with you there.
Kandosii sa kyr'am ast
Duraan vi at ara'nov
Vode an, ka'rta tor!

Riotv2

• Captain
  • Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 01:08:40 AM »
hmmm....I think i like the True Mando's for me. My Life my Way, but if called upon by my Mand'alore, I'm right there with all of my Brothers and Sisters.
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

-------------------------------

Remember...the EU will be with you...always.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 02:35:15 AM »
I think i like the True Mando's for me. My Life my Way, but if called upon by my Mand'alore, I'm right there with all of my Brothers and Sisters.
^This.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Riotv2

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 09:39:34 AM »
^^ Yup me and Mia against the Galaxy!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 04:38:28 PM »
Add me to that group :D

Find an excuse to win.

Riotv2

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 05:33:31 PM »
Uh-oh i think this is the start of a clan... :shock:

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 05:37:55 PM »
Uh-oh i think this is the start of a clan... :shock:

Ha ha ha. :D

Hey, anyone remember "Dha'tor Ciryc Gra'tua"? Is it still alive? :confused:

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 10:38:29 PM »
Well, I'm still in it...
It's Indiana Vlet!

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 01:21:08 AM »
^^ Yup me and Mia against the Galaxy!
Sweeeet. :D

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »
I'm in. I'd put pretty good odds against the galaxy, too.

Riotv2

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »
It's all about the strategy.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 11:46:01 PM »
Yeeeeah, but you'd have to be Ghengis Khan, Sun Tzu and Monty all rolled into one to even get close...
It's Indiana Vlet!

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »
and Napoleon

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
Patton.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Riotv2

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »
soooo...in other words you'd have to be Palpatine?

Nah...just anyone who's very familiar with the EU could outsmart/point out holes in his plans.

I still think we could pull it off. I'm gonna start a topic about this.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
soooo...in other words you'd have to be Palpatine?

Nah...just anyone who's very familiar with the EU could outsmart/point out holes in his plans.

I still think we could pull it off. I'm gonna start a topic about this.

There is no topic if Chuck Norris is involved. :P

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 08:55:37 PM »
Then where the Haran did all these lists of facts come from?
It's Indiana Vlet!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »
Bruce Lee made them in honor of Chuck :P

Find an excuse to win.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 09:29:24 PM »
Bruce Lee made them in honor of Chuck :P

Jackie Chan is better! 8)

OH! I think I forgot to state what kind of Mandalorian I'd be! :shock:

...I'd be a True Mando. Or a Mando Merc. :heart:

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »
Same thing...

who needs movie stars? Jack Churchill was better, and he was real!
It's Indiana Vlet!

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2010, 05:19:48 PM »
Same thing...

N.O.

Didn't you read my post?? A Mando Merc is NOT the same thing as a True Mando! (Technically.)

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
N.O.

Didn't you read my post?? A Mando Merc is NOT the same thing as a True Mando! (Technically.)
Truth.  There were all kinds of mercs before the True Mandos, and all kinds of mercs after they were destroyed.  People just like Jaster's guys best... :P

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2010, 11:07:27 PM »
The best mercs. Technically is the way they're the most similar.
It's Indiana Vlet!

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »
Did I really just hear somebody say that Jackie Chan tops Chuck? Walker Texas Ranger all the way man.

Mando Merc/True MAndalorian. Not a big fan of genocide(Death Watch Neo-Crusaders[Cassuss can be a bit of a jerk{See Till My Last Breath in fanfic section}])
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2011, 05:39:15 AM »
I'd totally be a Merc. A man has got to make a living right?

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
Crusading's more enjoyable, though. And you get to put up flags afterwards!
It's Indiana Vlet!

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 11:05:07 PM »
Crusading's more enjoyable, though. And you get to put up flags afterwards!
That's true.. I wouldn't mind being a KotOR Mando. Riding a basilisk into battle!

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
That's true.. I wouldn't mind being a KotOR Mando. Riding a basilisk into battle!
Raping worlds, commiting genocide, following a maniac or two.</sarcasm/> Oh, yes, that the life</sarcasm/>
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »
Raping worlds, commiting genocide, following a maniac or two.</sarcasm/> Oh, yes, that the life</sarcasm/>
I don't see anything wrong with that.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »

I do. You sound like a monster, man. Almost as bad as the Death Watch, if you're killing for no reason. I'm not a huge fan of the Supercommando Codex, but you don't just do things just to do things. :|

What has our world come to, with bloodshed being just for fun? :confused:

Forgive me for being a "noble" Mando, but I choose the path between needless carnage and idiotic pacifism. :bored:

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2011, 08:32:23 PM »

You need to clarify that as a joke.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2011, 08:33:27 PM »
You need to clarify that as a joke.

...Yes, because I just hit you with a...non-joke. I think. :confused:

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
I see a mob forming Grunt, you'd best apologize.
-David Nicholas

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2011, 08:52:59 PM »
Guys, chill out.

If I said I would like to have lived in days of Alexander the Great, as one of the Companions of Macedonia, what's the big deal?  Rape and pillage comes part and parcel with it.  Do I have to explicitly say that I'd be the one guy that lived in the ancient age as if it were 21st century north america? 

The nastier side of ancient warfare is frowned on today, but it goes with the territory a couple thousand years ago.  No need to get sanctimonious. Obviously I'm not a fan of those things IRL because I'm a product of our culture.

And at least my example is of a time that actually happened.  Grunt is talking about a fictional ancient history.  Soo...yeah.  Chill.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2011, 09:00:59 PM »
Guys, chill out.

If I said I would like to have lived in days of Alexander the Great, as one of the Companions of Macedonia, what's the big deal?  Rape and pillage comes part and parcel with it.  Do I have to explicitly say that I'd be the one guy that lived in the ancient age as if it were 21st century north america? 

The nastier side of ancient warfare is frowned on today, but it goes with the territory a couple thousand years ago.  No need to get sanctimonious. Obviously I'm not a fan of those things IRL because I'm a product of our culture.

And at least my example is of a time that actually happened.  Grunt is talking about a fictional ancient history.  Soo...yeah.  Chill.

NOOO! YOU WILL NEVER MAKE ME TAKE THE CHILL PILL! :P

And I'm not being "sanctimonious." I [was] just stating my opinion about that era. :confused:

Talo

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2011, 09:23:24 PM »
Guys, chill out.

If I said I would like to have lived in days of Alexander the Great, as one of the Companions of Macedonia, what's the big deal?  Rape and pillage comes part and parcel with it.  Do I have to explicitly say that I'd be the one guy that lived in the ancient age as if it were 21st century north america?  

The nastier side of ancient warfare is frowned on today, but it goes with the territory a couple thousand years ago.  No need to get sanctimonious. Obviously I'm not a fan of those things IRL because I'm a product of our culture.

And at least my example is of a time that actually happened.  Grunt is talking about a fictional ancient history.  Soo...yeah.  Chill.

It doesnt matter if it "comes with the territory" murder and rape are wrong regardless of what time period it occurs in.

However, if both of you where joking or I misunderstand you when you say "what's the big deal?  Rape and pillage comes part and parcel with it." you just need to clarify. No harm done.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:16:09 PM by Talo »

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »
Random thought!!! :shock:

[spoiler]Aslan conquered Narnia without raping and pillaging. :P[/spoiler]

But yeah, I'm not gonna say any more. I don't care what the [type of Mando] did or didn't do, or if you think it's wrong or not, BUT I prefer only killing, etc. when necessary, hence the term "noble Mando".

...And if I have offended anyone by not being historically correct or sounding prejudiced, I am very truly sorry. :(

Talo

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »
Random thought!!! :shock:

[spoiler]Aslan conquered Narnia without raping and pillaging. :P[/spoiler]

But yeah, I'm not gonna say any more. I don't care what the [type of Mando] did or didn't do, or if you think it's wrong or not, BUT I prefer only killing, etc. when necessary, hence the term "noble Mando".

...And if I have offended anyone by not being historically correct or sounding prejudiced, I am very truly sorry. :(

You don't have anything to apologize for. Don't feel sorry.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »
I was joking. Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately Kalira isn't here to tell us how wrong we all are and keep the flames going.

Mostly I would love the feeling of falling to a PLANET! Think about the rush of adrenaline falling from orbit on a DROID! Psh... I can't think of anything better... Plus those dudes were bad shebs, even though they burned whole worlds, that was dumb.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »
Mostly I would love the feeling of falling to a PLANET! Think about the rush of adrenaline falling from orbit on a DROID! Psh... I can't think of anything better...

Sky-diving from orbit [with a droid as your 'parachute']! Oh yeah! :D :P

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2011, 07:53:10 PM »
Sky-diving from orbit [with a droid as your 'parachute']! Oh yeah! :D :P
Double oh yeah! That would be breaking awesome.

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2011, 09:45:30 PM »
No taste sweeter than victory, huh Grunt?
-David Nicholas

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »
No taste sweeter than victory, huh Grunt?

And no taste more sour than doing a face-plant in the ground cuz your enemy stomped on your head. :P

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2011, 10:22:58 PM »
Oh. Very true.
The bitter taste of deaft, sour on your tounge, so fresh, the sweet candy of victory still tantalizes you, barely out of your reach. The enemy rises, powered by the energy of your pain.
Behold, my poet side.
-David Nicholas

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2011, 03:58:37 AM »
The Basilisk droids are the one thing that would make me want to go with Crusader/Neo-Crusader.  Those things are pretty epic when it comes to awesome war beasts that double as flying tanks.  But FYI, Chop'aa Notimo from TFU had his own Basilisk during the "Modern" Mando era.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2011, 07:31:35 AM »
So, does this mean I can go rewrite my fanfics and have everybody driving Basilisks in the Modern Era?

[/sarcasm]
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2011, 09:32:12 AM »
<sarcasm/> Of course, everyboody knows writers never have trouble writing, it just all comes out super easily.</sarcasm>
-David Nicholas

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
So, does this mean I can go rewrite my fanfics and have everybody driving Basilisks in the Modern Era?

[/sarcasm]
Yes. You can. [/seriousness]

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2011, 11:54:40 PM »
Honestly?  I'm no writer, but I think the idea of Notimo and his Basilisk opens up some pretty interesting ideas for having a war droid or two show up in the modern era.

samusaran253

• Private
  • Conceited Bastard
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2011, 12:21:06 AM »

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »
Nice pic of Fett!

. . . But what does it have to do with the topic?

Laney97

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »
Maybe he wants to join his clan.

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »
What clan? >.>

Back on topic [sorta]:

Hey, if Mandos had to have a civil war, which type of Mando would be the "good" side and which would be the "bad" side [besides the Death Watch]?

Laney97

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »
The New Mandos = Baddies.
Our classic Mandos = Good guys. They always kick shebs, so obviously they will win.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2011, 07:02:42 AM »
The New Mandos = Baddies.
Our classic Mandos = Good guys. They always kick shebs, so obviously they will win.
Obviously.

Laney97

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2011, 06:25:48 PM »
Not to LucssFilm...
They don't know anything about Mandos.

Laney97

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2011, 09:19:40 AM »
Explains why they have to hire people to write abut them, and only a handful are decent (Definetly not the people doing TCW).

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2011, 07:08:05 PM »
To be honsest, clans are the family. This is listing Eras.
-David Nicholas

SpartanSpookGirl1

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
To be honsest, clans are the family. This is listing Eras.

Hey, terminology aside... :P

I'd be a Skirata, though. Maybe a Vhett, but I'd hate to be on Drake's side of the family. :yuck:

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
Nice Spook. What a kind thing to say.
Aliit Tracyn. Kat'ra Tracyn darrassum.
-David Nicholas

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2011, 08:55:36 PM »
Skirata. Clan over all. But seeing as that's going to get pretty crowded unless people put up secondary choices as well . . . Bralor. Rav seemed pretty awesome.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2011, 11:45:04 PM »
Skirata. Clan over all. But seeing as that's going to get pretty crowded unless people put up secondary choices as well . . . Bralor. Rav seemed pretty awesome.
Rav's awesome.  But Clan Bralor's pretty old, too, so you know there's probably some hard core badasses going all the way back to KOTOR times.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
Yup. Can't beat Bes'uliike.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2011, 11:43:01 PM »
Yup. Can't beat Bes'uliike.
So true, bro.  So true. :D

Null-4 Kolburn Skirata

• Lieutenant
  • "ARCs were not team players."
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2011, 06:09:18 AM »
Clan Skirata because I am an Null-class ARC Trooper.
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!- "Don't mess with Mandos, mate!" (lit: "Don't wave your saber at Mandalorians, mate!:)

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2011, 04:24:21 PM »
Clan Skirata because I am an Null-class ARC Trooper.
Obviously... But what about the other Mando Sergeants? You don't think they could have had a few secret soldiers that they trained.

Mandalore16

• Private
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »

Do i agree!!!!!!!!
My verp looks better then your verp.

Riotv2

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »
Hey, if Mandos had to have a civil war, which type of Mando would be the "good" side and which would be the "bad" side ?

I don't think you could label a mando civil war in terms of good or bad.

You would really just need two leaders with differing points of view and enough charisma to gain followers.

Good and bad are point of view. Death Watch views themselves as returning their culture to 'glory'. So they feel that they are the 'good guys'.

These terms, like history, are made by those who are left standing when the war is over.

Those who would be in the crusaders (whatever your reason) could do so with moral impunity. Since many of the armies at the time were conscripts pressed into service.

You could have your own reasons to fight without agreeing with those of your leaders.

How long you could live with what you must do during war time is all on you.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »

Do i agree!!!!!!!!

Look at the previous post below yours...then back to yours...back to the previous post...that's right, it was posted in July...and yours was posted now, in January.

Porblem?
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »
All hail the bringer back of post life!!

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2012, 01:16:29 AM »
Hail...... I would much rather shot.

still Skirata

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.