Author Topic: WWI RPG  (Read 8448 times)

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
WWI RPG
« on: November 03, 2010, 08:53:24 PM »
Would anyone be interested in playing as a Commonwealth soldier in the Great War?

Starting in 1916, I would likely place us in the Canadian Corps,holding against Gas at Ypres, the whole of the Somme, taking Vimy Ridge, and liberating Belgium up to November 11th.

Anyone game?

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
Re: WWI RPG
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 09:36:47 PM »
Apparently not, then.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 11:22:33 PM »
Sorry ner vod, I didn't see this topic until now :P 

But ATM, I'd be willing to start one up. I wouldn't be uber active in it, since im being dogpiled with schoolwork constantly. I'll still give it a go if you want to, though.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
As the French Revolution, WWI isn't my strong point but sure, why not?

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:04:37 PM »
Sorry ner vod, I didn't see this topic until now :P 

But ATM, I'd be willing to start one up. I wouldn't be uber active in it, since im being dogpiled with schoolwork constantly. I'll still give it a go if you want to, though.

I'm in the same boat, actually, so now worries.

HOWEVER, I place an emphasis on realsim in this RPG. No god-modding or making stuff up beyond the reasonable, alright boys?

-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
Awww man! *Kicks the dirt* Lol, just kidding. I gotcha, ner vod. No super-human doughboys :P

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »
I imagines that being a member of Armia Polska we Francyi, better known as Haller's Army, who are fighting along side the Canadians would suit me best.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »
Except Haller's Army didn't enter the War with combat units until 1918. Plus Poland didn't really exist back then as a seperate entity, but I'm sure you know this. My point is, being a Commonwealth soldier would be your best bet. Seeing as America didn't really come into play until after the Bolshevik Revolution, the US wouldn't be a feasible option. Of course, you could be an American or a Pole or what have you who crossed the border to join the Canadian Corps once the War broke out.....

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »
I'm getting all my dates mixed up. I think I was thinking of the Gadninski Partisans. They were a small group of about a hundred Poles who had been in the Austrian Military before WWI. They left the Austrian army and joined up with French soldiers in 1915. They were unregulated by any official military command and came and went as they pleased. They were a very obscure group, lacking any real command structure and documentation. I believe besides eye-witness reports there was two documents on them, and inquiry by a French commander about the Unit and the reply.

The reason I mix them up with Haller's Army is because most of them joined up when it entered with combat units. So, feasibly they were at all of those battles you mentioned. The only reason I know about them is because I had a Great-great-great grandfather who was a member. He had lived in America for five years before joining the Austrian Army, so he had been the unit's translator.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:31:02 PM by Drake Vhett »

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:58:51 PM »
Sounds good, then. Anyone have a problem with us being the 13th Battalion, CEF?

Also known as the Royal Canadian Highlanders. 'Ladies From Hell'.

-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »
Not from my side. I'll use my Great-great-great grandfather as my character, as best I can anyway. He told his WWI story to his son(my great-great grandfather) once, who was an illiterate farmer who didn't write it down, who told it to my great grandmother, who told it to me. So I don't have a whole lot to go on, but I'll try.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 01:31:35 AM »
No qualms here, man. Love the name :P  Charrie sheet layout?

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 08:21:53 PM »
Are we ever going to start?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 09:23:07 PM »
Throw up a Charrie Sheet outline and I'll get at it. Unless you want me to make one up.  I just watched a French WWI movie, and am now really excited about this.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 09:37:03 PM »
Name: Milosh Porebski(My-loo-sh Por-em-ski)

Weapons: Lewis Gun, Luger Pistol.

History/Personality: Will be seen in RPG.

Appearance: Black hair, green eyes, bushy beard.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »
Name: Aaron Scanton

Weapons: Standard rifle, pistol, bayonet and grenades.

Personality: Somewhat plain, Scanton is not much of a conversationalist. When he does speak, his voice comes in rasps and harsh tones. He was gassed by the Germans in his first major battle, which also was the cause of his blank personality. Having his best friend cough up his own lungs on him shocked Scanton into near silence.

Appearance: Blond hair, dark eyes, average height, and burn scars across his skin.

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
Sorry 'bout this lads, slipped me mind!

Name: Richard D. Campbell

Weapons: Ross Rifle, Mk. 10, bayonet, Webley Mk IV Revolver

Personality: Campbell was a farmer before the war, but had previously served Canada in the Second Boer War of 1899-1902. Through his extensive connections, Campbell was able to secure himself a commission in the Royal Highlanders of Canada when the war with Germany broke out, after serving for severall years as a militia officer. A businesslike man, Campbell cares deeply for both his country and his men, and resents the incapabilities of his commanders, ever since a pair of cardboard-soled boots disentigrated within minutes of touching water. He is also highlly compassionate about his heritage, and will strike any man who insults his kilt.

History: To be elaborated upon in the RPG

Appearance

This is in actuality the Lt. Colonel of the 13th Battalion, G.S. Cantlie
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:34:34 PM by Noldorin Mando »

-Ron James

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 11:29:26 PM »
OOC: Wait, we're wearing Kilts??  :P

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 11:30:31 PM »
OOC: How shall we begin, o' lord and master of the kilts?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 12:08:26 AM »
((Lol, more like Laird an' mas'r, and yes we shall)

~France, 19th April, 1915~

Captain Richard Campbell was cold, wet, and angry. His under-stregnth company was the smallest in the Battalion, and thier rifles, of all things, were so jammed with mud that half of them didn't fire more than three rounds any longer without jamming. Seating his sodden Balmoral firmly on his head, he bent slightly and walked along the rough-made trench, his heavy kilt swinging. Picking up his Ross Rifle where he had left it, he placed one foot on the firing step and looked to the Highland sniper by his right, who gave him a nod. The coast was clear.

Campbell stuck his head over the sandbag parapet and examined the German trenchline. It was a mass of haphazard barbed wire and grey, mud-splattered sandbags. The Canadian trenchline didn't look much better, but thier men seemed to be in better spirits. He could hear someone with an Ottawa Valley accent singing the Maple Leaf Forever, probably Corporal MacDonnel.

Ducking back down, Campbell put his booted feet back onto the sodden duckboards and looked his right, hearing approaching footsteps. It was Sergeant Scanton, a transfter from another regiment who had been gassed by the Germans in an early skirmish. He was still wearing his kilt too low, Campbell noted with a smile.

"You knees need to show, Sergeant! You're not wearing trousers." He said, pulling a small hip flask from his sporran and offering it to the NCO.

-Ron James