Author Topic: Operation: Sandtrap  (Read 10620 times)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: Operation: Sandtrap
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 01:17:17 AM »
OOC: Forget the SAW Gunner part, then.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 01:21:25 AM »
What attachments do you speak of and why? You'll get a surefire light, foregrip, and laser. No supressors.
OCC:I figured no supressors what about sights? I.E. Ecotech Reflex
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 02:18:48 AM »
You get an RCO/ACOG from Trijicon.
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 11:03:59 AM »
You get an RCO/ACOG from Trijicon.
K thanks

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »
N-11
As you say you will be the SEAL platoon cmdr will you be in the COC with me? Or are you confused and you don't want to be the plt cmdr.

OOC: Yeah sorry I don't want to be the platoon cmdr, I meant the team leader in the field.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
Gents understand that as Drake said I'm gonna mod the heck outta this and no post is safe.

N-11
How many people are you going to play?

When do we wanna get this kicked off?
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »
I was thinking four, plus a sniper-spotter team for support. Sound good?

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
OOC:: now this is what you call living the dream. :)  i would so dearly love to join this one. since i don,t know much about the military beyond movies and books. i could play one of the folks that is captured, or their aides or something; or maybe a support person with the extraction teams, such as medic or something maybe? of course if you have suggestions or think i should just keep out of it, just say so. take care everyone! 

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »
OCC:I figure that since im the only Marine out of the bunch I should probably have a squad with me then? (question are SSG's in command of Fireteams or squads?)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 02:56:24 PM »
OOC: So far the roles are-

Drake-Squad Leader
Oronk-Marine
Nold-Marine?
Sean-COC Contact
N-11-SEAL team leader

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 12:28:51 AM »
((OOC: i would still love to join this one but i really don't know what help i would be fighting wise. if you have suggestions i would be most honored.
take care you guys! Cassa))

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Laney97

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 12:23:18 PM »
{{OOC: I'm no military know-it-all but I want to try an RPG (I've never done one. Ever) I'd like to be something simple like a person from the SEAL's. But if your fine without I'll find a different one.}}

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »
OOC:Try joining an RPG that actually has a lot of activity for your first RP, as this one does not. Also, as this would be a hyper-realistic RP, at least a basic understanding of how a military unit would work is required, as so Sean doesn't have to essentially write your posts for you. Now, lets see if people will actually do anything.

The aid zone was filled with shouting and the squawks of radios as the latest news and orders came down from the top. Some delegation of US politicians had been hit hard and were now sitting in some Congo warlord's dungeon. The near instant scuttlebutt that a Cabinet member had been among the captured has spread faster than wildfire in a dry Californian forest. Cpl. John Danvers was still handing out aid supplies along with his men, waiting to see if they would be called in to deal with the situation.

"Knowing our luck, we'll get stuck here while they fly in Rangers, Berets, or those over-hyped Delta's, and we'll be handing out food and water to a bunch of people who'll probably sell it anyway. I think I've seen that guy go through the line before" Cpl. Danvers muttered to the Marine beside him...(someone fill in here)

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
OOC: Sorry we didn't get this kicked into gear early enough for you to join in, Sean. 

Lieutenant  Nathan Johnson, callsign Neptune, hopped off the UH-60 Blackhawk and onto the tarmac of the flightline at Camp Everlasting Hope. The heat here in the African jungles was enough to take your breath away at first, but after operating in this area for several weeks, Johnson and his SEAL's were accustomed to it.

He jogged back towards his team's living quarters, which was strategically placed right next to the Helo landing zone. Following his lead were some of his Team members in-country, Matt Lewis, Eric Danson, and J.P Harris. These were the guys he operated with the most, along with their Sniper-spotter support team, made up of Andrew Langston and James Franklin.

Throwing open the tent flap, Nathan was met with a refreshing blast of cold air from the AC unit his team had specially procured a few nights ago. Inside, Andrew and James were cleaning their equipment and gear, as they had not come along on the last mission Nathan and Co. were returning from.

Andrew looked up and said, "That Trade delegation was just ambushed and taken hostage 50 klicks north of here. We've got a full briefing in 10 mikes, and we're keeping this on the down-low, as usual."

"Roger that." Nathan said as he shed his field gear, but left his clothes on, as did the rest of the team. "Let's grab some quick chow, then head to the COC for the brief."

Everyone nodded, shed their gear, and stood up for the short walk to the Mess Hall. When the SEALs got their food, they sat at an empty table, away from the Marines, who were worked up into a fever over something.

Eric, who happened to look up towards the door, chuckled and said, "SF at my 12, looking pissed."

The rest of the team chuckled as well, taking quick glances at the Green Berets that had just entered. "They must have gotten word that they aren't going in for this one." Nathan said as he took a bite out of the large sandwich in front of him. The SF Operators got their food and also sat at an empty table, conveniently on the other side of the room as the SEALs.

"I guess somebody let them know we were taking it. They haven't been this distant in the entire time we've been here." Matt said, taking a drink of water.

"Hey, this is shaping up to be something big. If they left you out of it and sent in SF, you wouldn't sit with them either." JP said with a smirk.

In a few minutes, they had all finished their chow, and left for the briefing room. Receiving jealous looks from SF, and looks of mysterious curiosity from the Marines, all the way out.   

Find an excuse to win.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 10:37:42 AM »
((looks awesome guys))

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »
Occ:story fail gimme a few...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:31:34 PM by CT-1199 Oronk »

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 05:55:30 PM »
OCC:Sorry for double post

BIC:
Lcpl. Mack Daniels looked up at the Marine talking it was his Squad Leader Cpl. Danvers talking. Mack shrugged "Eh if we do atleast we get to deal with the Insurgency" Mack said laconically. Stopping for a second to think about what he just said, he just shrugged and contiued to pass along the aid supplies...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:28:40 PM by CT-1199 Oronk »

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 03:37:49 AM »
OOC: Like I said for GoW: KRD, I'll give her a bump but if you guys a want to let it die tell me.

Nathan and his team, all 6 of them, walked into the COC for their briefing. The air in here was kept cool, to save the computers from overheating, which was refreshing. There were screens and stacks of technological equipment as far as the eye could see.

"Lieutenant Johnson, reporting as ordered sir."

He said to Commander Roberts, their boss and the man responsible for their briefings.

"Take a seat, boys. This is shaping up to be a nightmare of a situation we've got on our hands."

The SEALs took their seats around the table as ordered. In front of them were maps, satellite photos, and topographical charts of the area in which the politicians had been attacked.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 12:10:53 AM »
"At 0600 hours this morning Congo militiamen shot down a C-130. Early HUMINT reports are a bit sketchy, and ELINT is limited, but there's no mistake. A delegation of politicians were on their way to Cairo, from Johannesburg, in that plane.. Local Congo militia have taken them hostage,  eight HVI's in total. Including the heads of the DOD and USTR. The South African's are dragging their feet, so we don't have exact numbers on their people. We got reports of everywhere from seven to thirteen individuals. They've already sent a message to our embassy in South Africa, demanding one hundred-million dollars. Obviously, that's not going to happen. It's going to be your job to get those hostages out. The Marines will assault a outpost the Congo have in the area. That will be your cover to extract the hostages. Once you have removed the HVI's from the area, the Marines will move in and clear the area of the rest of the militia" the Commander said, flicking through a few pictures he had.

"Any questions?"

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »
Andrew, the sniper in Nathan's boat crew, raised a hand.

"Do we have their location pinned down, or are we doing a bit of tracking first?"

Nathan also asked a question. "Will we have any Gunship support, or a QRF on standby?"

Find an excuse to win.