Author Topic: You as a Mandalorian  (Read 67892 times)

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
Re: You as a Mandalorian
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2011, 12:30:58 AM »
Any bigger than the average thumb, I would wager.

No hate here, only creeper love.
Watching you through your windows.
Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

DC-26

• Sergeant
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2011, 11:22:42 PM »
Yay! Garrotes! So simple, so effective, so quiet... I use the whipcord launchers built into my gauntlets for that... is there a certain width at which a garrote becomes ineffective, do you think?
Depends on whether or not any slicing is desired.
Shut up and shimmy!

Vrishkin

• Private
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2011, 10:03:08 PM »
I would be on the cutting edge of R&D cortosisweave vibrobayonet? sight linked shoulder mounted cannon? maglock boots and gauntlets? I'd only kit out the best for ner'vod, that's not to say I wouldn't be bad in combat I'm just better at the work bench on keldabe

on the real side my entire family is in engineering with several uncles at Los Alamos doing stuff they can't talk about and my Grandfather was there working on the manhattan project. Not the TNMT game.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »
I would be on the cutting edge of R&D cortosisweave vibrobayonet? sight linked shoulder mounted cannon? maglock boots and gauntlets? I'd only kit out the best for ner'vod, that's not to say I wouldn't be bad in combat I'm just better at the work bench on keldabe

on the real side my entire family is in engineering with several uncles at Los Alamos doing stuff they can't talk about and my Grandfather was there working on the manhattan project. Not the TNMT game.

Impressive pedigree!

Vrishkin

• Private
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2011, 08:27:41 PM »
More an IRL thing here, but what does everyone use for their cosplay guns? Airsoft? modded Nerf? Toy SW guns? Real Guns just stick some orange tape on?

Also, i have a slightly modded Longshot i want to convert, just not sure how to make it look better.
I'll take off the tape obviously but, I'm conflicted as to how to make it look better than just a long shot with paint job after that. :/

turn image pi/4

I'm thinking the longer magazine mod along along with making it bottom-****. (no pun intended)

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2011, 11:27:28 PM »
The rules regarding Nerf in the Mandalorian Mercs are pretty stringent.
You should check it out.
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Vrishkin

• Private
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »
Thanks! I didn't know there were rules but I'm glad to hear there are.

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2011, 10:45:30 PM »
Well I can't speak for the club, as I don't even have my application accepted yet. But it is as close as you will get to 'The' Authority on mandalorian costuming, being the third of three Lucasfilm Licensed clubs.

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Adenn

• Private Recruit
  • Aliit orishya taldin.
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »
I'm Jaing Skirata's kid. I'm a bounty hunter and occasional smuggler with a Verp sniper rifle, a bes'bev, twin bes'kade, and a few sidearms stuffed in my boots and my belt. My ship is an XS-Stock Light Freighter I found on Raxus Prime, completely redone with new and better everything thanks to Aunt Parja. My armour's grey with Walon Vau's black shoulder guards and Kom'rk's belt. Continuing with the family tradition, I have very nice gloves made of a sadistic hu'tuunla Togrutan I slotted a while back.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »
Me? I'm the guy who is so weak he doesn't make it past age 3...
Quote from: RC-1140
Accessing Anti-Air controls. Ooh, this is nice. I can do much better than just "offline." Separatist turrets now targeting... Separatist craft.

Lil Vod

• Sergeant
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »
I changed my mind. :D
I would have a black jumpsuit, with orange armor platings, and a green visor. I would wear high boots, (So I could fit a knife somewhere in there :)), a verp sniper rifle, shatter gun, KYD-21, and one of those geonosian things on the RC game.  :) Way better than my first one.  :|

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »
I hope this necropost is fine, because this thread really needs to be revived
Anyways, I would have red and black armor, with some of the ruins from mortal instruments (entertaining series, but not well written) on it.  Right gauntlet would a deployable whip/garrote wire in it.  The left would have a dart launcher (not into the ones on the knees) and a knife where the flame thrower is in the "standard" armor.  Specialized sniper, with a modified verpine.  I would hang back and provide support for the people out at the front. 
Don't have a solid background for the character yet, but I would probably be mando born.  I've toyed with the idea of giving him a lightsaber, and a small connection to the force (not enough to be noticeable by jedi or sith). 
"When walking through hell, keep going" -Winston Churchhill

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2013, 06:14:03 PM »
I've toyed with the idea of giving him a lightsaber, and a small connection to the force (not enough to be noticeable by jedi or sith). 

It's your imagination...

but as a casual suggestion......DON'T.

In my humble experience, when people dream up mandalorian characters and give them force and/or lightsabers....no matter how you try to justify it, there will be a massive, collective groan throughout the star wars fandom.

Almost as if millions of voices cried out in contempt and were suddenly silenced (by lack of interest.)

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »
Noted, and thanks for the pointer.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2013, 11:44:02 PM »
:D  Still me....as a Mandalorian badass

Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2013, 04:26:19 AM »
Here is a pic I've been working on.  Didn't draw the original, but did the color editing.

[attachment deleted by admin]