Author Topic: You as a Mandalorian  (Read 67227 times)

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
Re: You as a Mandalorian
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 05:22:40 AM »
me

Who are you anyway?

What I mean is, thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.  Now get your shebs over to the introduction thread so we can get to know you better.

;)

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »

Soon... soon.
Anyone who knows me, knows Barrel :p
Disgruntled clone pilot, all around jerk. Flight pack, Dralshya Bes'kad and flechette gun. Detonation mines for hard targets.

No hate here, only creeper love.
Watching you through your windows.
Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 10:38:14 PM »
well i'd be a lousy one too i can't shoot for poo doo.
now if i,d gotten lucky for the star wars verse side of things;
i'd like to think i've have good enough eye sight to be a sniper.
otherwise well i guess i'd work at the forge or smithy however you want to say it. :)
beyond that farm work and making sure my kids and strill have what they need to kick shebse.  :)

not sure what color armor i'd pick yet. likely blue and red to start.  :)

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 06:07:42 PM »
This guy all the way.

Edit:

With this ship, Imperium Ultra-class Star Destroyer.

(Notice the size of the Eclipse and the Executor next to this monster.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:19:51 PM by Talo »

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
I don't know where to begin...

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Talo

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 06:19:29 PM »
I like to think big.

Thaxos

• Private Recruit
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »
This is me...

Oh and Talo, just who is manning that ship? Cause you'd require an enormous crew.

Talo

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 06:57:55 PM »
I imagine it would run largely thanks to automated systems, with most ship functions wired directly to the captains brain for maximum efficiency and a ship A.I for some type of backup or auto-pilot Anything else required could be manned by droids and a skeleton crew of psycho-conditioned cyborgs.

Thaxos

• Private Recruit
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »
I imagine it would run largely thanks to automated systems, with most ship functions wired directly to the captains brain for maximum efficiency and a ship A.I for some type of backup or auto-pilot Anything else required could be manned by droids and a skeleton crew of psycho-conditioned cyborgs.
If this was possible, wouldn't all Star Destroyers, and other capital ships be run in this manner?
It simply isn't very feasible.

Talo

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 07:04:25 PM »
Not very feasible is different form impossible, but its certainly not cost effective for an Empire trying to mass produce warships to maintain order.

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 07:04:35 PM »
How do i get it to not notify me anymore...

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Lil Vod

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 11:45:15 PM »
This is me...

Oh and Talo, just who is manning that ship? Cause you'd require an enormous crew.

WOOOOW. That's all I have to say about that.

I'd have a cyan jumpsuit with pale yellow plates. I'd wield a beskad, with custom sheath on my back, and two blasters like Aurra Sing has. I'd fly a customized ARC-170.

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »
I would be Warrior, I would have Red and Black Armor, (My two favorite colors, but I do have different reason for those colors besides being my favorite). Your typical E-11 Blastech Rifle, two Verpine shatter guns, A vibroshiv that comes out of my Gauntlets, modified Mandalorian Crush Gauntlets, A wookie blaster Rifle(like one you see in Episode III), A Wookie Sidekick (owes me a life debt)  a black beskar vibrosword ( In the shape of a Katana). My personal Bes'uliik Starfighter, and my clans old Venator-class Star Destroyer that we found a drift after the clone wars.

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 12:50:26 AM »
That's no Mando... no T visor and a lightsaber. That's fanart blasphemy!

Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »
Oh man, thank YOU A'den.
I didn't want to be 'that guy'

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

A'den Skirata

• Major
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »
I'm the Personnel Officer at www.mandalorianmercs.com, my job is to be that guy!
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »
Oh man, thank YOU A'den.
I didn't want to be 'that guy'
I'm the Personnel Officer at www.mandalorianmercs.com, my job is to be that guy!
^This exchange just made me lol! :P
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »
I didn't want to be that Guy either.......... thank you

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

Talo

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 11:39:32 PM »
That's no Mando... no T visor and a lightsaber. That's fanart blasphemy!

A mere technicality, people are not turned away from the way of the Mando just because they have a light saber or not having a complete T-visor. A set of armor and a willingness to keep the tenets is enough I think.

A'den Skirata

• Major
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 02:19:03 AM »
Not in the Elite Mandalorian Costuming Organization (per the legal disclaimer LFL assigned the group).

That is fanart and blasphemous  8)

I will admit, I like Bardan Jusik as a character and even more that he went native but, the fact he still carried and used his lightsaber routinely was a counter culture fanboy wetdream. When Pre Vizsla dueled Obi Wan with the Darksaber and actually held his own, I squeeled a bit. The fanboy in me loved it. The Mando fan in me threw up in my mouth a little. At least it (seemed from the context of the show) it was reserved for killing Force users only. The idea of Kad'ika wielding not one but two lightsabers made me upset at my favorite writer.

Before anyone starts in with the "why hate on Jedi/Sith" stuff, I don't. When Im in costume I have a "character" to play and he's Mando to the core. In real life, I like a great many Jedi and Sith characters. Cade Skywalker is one of my favorite Star Wars characters, Darth Maul is the most visually exciting character in the movies. Everytime I see Darth Vader or hear James Earl Jones to this day I want to be made his apprentice. What I don't like in any form is Jedi/Mando/Sith characters. It's like having your cake and eating it to. Rather than making the character more cool, it cheapens force user by giving the impression that to be cool and do what they do they need to be armored and weaponized and it cheapens Mandalorian characters by giving the impression that as cool as they are and they look they need force powers or and lightsabers to be the best. I equate to force users to the likes of Superman. All these extra powers that make them beyond what the rest of us can be or even ffully comprehend. I equate Mando's to Batman... regluar schmucks (in that no special powers) with kick butt gear and the ability to take a Superman down a notch if needed. Putting Superman in Batman's costume or giving Batman Superman's powers is silly. So is the Jedi Mando thing.

As for the T visor. Although there have been canon variations (only in the KOTOR Crusaders BTW), the T visor is always there or descernable even if it's not a full T. The T is the constant. Mando's have worn 100% custom armor, bone armor, durasteel armor, beskar armor, standardized armor and colors etc through canon photoand written descritpion but one thing theyve always had regardless of era, interpretation, character, wrtitten description etc. is the T visor. Other designs and make ups have changed but the T is constant. It is the single most defining characteristic of the Mandalorian warriors.

That is not a Mandalorian. It is a cool piece of art but, it's not a Mando I don;t care what the original artist says. Not knocking the artwork, just the lable. It looks like a technicolor Sith Lord or a Sith Trooper of sometype. But, it's not a Mandalorian.

There's is some really cool art on Deviantart and other fanart websites. Sadly I will never see much of it. The lack of imagination (yes, having to make your character cool by making him a Jedi/Mando/Sith/Ninja/Spartan/GOW/Saiyan shows little imagination. It's simply mixing up someone elses idea's rather than making something awesome within established fictional universe "rules") in the rehashed fanboy ideals keeps me away from those places. I want ot see bad@$$ Mando/Mando's , Jedi/Jedi, Sith/Sith, fallen Jedi, Redeemed Sith etc.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:30:56 AM by A'den Skirata »
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata