Author Topic: What did you play today?  (Read 54421 times)

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
What did you play today?
« on: January 28, 2011, 07:22:00 AM »
I thought with the success of the What Happened Today and What are you listening to threads, and given how many gamers we have here, it would probably be worth starting a thread for everyone to share what they've been playing, regardless of platform.

To start off, this morning I've played a little Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.  I'm hoping to play through all the Tiberium series of CnC games as the last I've played is CnC 3 (despite having already bought CnC 3: Kane's Wrath and CnC 4), and so I want to get the complete story (even though I haven't yet completed CnC 1).

My copy of TS is part of the The First Decade pack, but those who don't have the pack and want to play some CnC will be pleased to know EA have slowly started releasing CnC games as free downloads on the CnC website.  You can currently get CnC (Tiberian Dawn), Red Alert and Tiberian Sun for free (note: They've been taken from the TFD pack so they will work on new copies of Windows, like the copy of Windows 7 I'm running it on).

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

Yesterday I also played a couple of demos, namely the Mini Ninjas demo (saw a copy for Xbox 360 in a sale yesterday and thought I'd remind myself what its like to help decide if I should go for it), and the Bulletstorm demo (in which I raised my high-score to just short of 12,000 points! :D ).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:36:53 PM by Amy »
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
Re: What did you play today?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
Yesterday I played AC: Brotherhood and a basketball game with my dad. I beat BF: Bad company day before yesterday.  And today is going to be pretty much the same. Basketball with dad (I've finally found something he enjoys playing on the xbox :P ) and Brotherhoood.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
I totally thought you meant a real basketball game lol, but either one is good.
Today I played Elder Scrolls Oblivion, got it on the steam Christmas sale for $10 and it's great. Also been playing some Mass Effect, never played it before and I must say it is quite fun.

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »
Dead Space 2. That game can get pretty intense, case and point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Qy_4sWs3I

Also playing a little of Dragon Age: Origins, trying to get a semi-perfect character ready so I can import him into the expansion. Should be fun.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »
Played some Halo 2 with my little bro! It was pretty fun.

Also been playing a lot of the Crysis 2 Demo :D:D    Benn pwning too, I got 21 kill and 5 deaths in a recent game. 
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 03:35:47 PM »
Dragon Age and Alpha Protocol.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 03:41:04 PM »
Continued playing CnC Tiberian Sun and have now gotten further then any GDI playthrough I've tried before.

I must say I never realised how much I missed hearing the phrase Establishing Battlefield Control, Stand By until I got playing TS again.

Also been playing some Mass Effect, never played it before and I must say it is quite fun.
Mass Effect is great.  I really can't wait until the 3rd game comes out later this year.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 11:26:45 AM »
Black Ops multiplayer, hit the end of the road unless I prestige, I doubt I will though.
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 01:48:21 PM »
Medieval 2: Total War

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »
Mass Effect is great.  I really can't wait until the 3rd game comes out later this year.
^Agreed!

And speaking of games being looked forward to, after playing through both of the Half-Life 2 episodes today, I reeeeeally want them to hurry up and get HL2: Episode 3 out already.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 11:30:50 PM »
And speaking of games being looked forward to, after playing through both of the Half-Life 2 episodes today, I reeeeeally want them to hurry up and get HL2: Episode 3 out already.

Good thing you played them so late...your wait wont seem as long as the rest of ours haha.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
Good thing you played them so late...your wait wont seem as long as the rest of ours haha.
Oh, I've been waiting just as long.  That was probably the 100th time I've played through those. lolz
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 01:20:42 AM »
Oh, I've been waiting just as long.  That was probably the 100th time I've played through those. lolz

Ah, well then we are in the same boat, and I'm sorry lol.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »
Dragon Age: Origins.... again....

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 12:08:44 AM »
Somehow I see this thread becoming repetitive lol

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 12:13:41 AM »
Somehow I see this thread becoming repetitive lol
Depends how you roll with it.
It could be "Dragon Age: Origins.... again...."
Or it could be "Played DA: O again today, killed this dude, got a new sword that's way better then my last one, and I got the BFS achievement."

*shrug*

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 04:58:23 AM »
Well, in order to mix things up a bit, I played a World for Keflings on Xbox Live Arcade last night.  Much improved over the first game and for 800 MS Points its a great buy for anyone who enjoys games like Age of Empires and Civilisation where you have to build up your city and help your people grow (although in this case you only get 1 city per level and your tech level is set so you can't advance, however you get to roam around as your XBL avatar and earn the admiration of the Keflings by lifting heavy items around to build buildings).

If anyone does decide to buy it I'll happily do an XBL game with you and hopefully we'll be able to get the achievement for trading a collectible with each other (thinking about it I also need the 2 online achievements for a Kingdom for Keflings).

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 12:54:05 AM »
Dragon Age: Origins... Again...

Deja Vu. To try and blunt my pessimism with Mia's eternal optimism!!(With extra exclamations) I'll say that I figured out the Chasind Trail Signs quest(rather, the lack of a quest until you complete it). Figured out how to get the most stuff out of the highwaymen in Lothering, too.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
Don't worry Drake, the Dragon Age II demo comes out in a few weeks.  That ought to help give you something else to play. ;)

Yesterday I tried out Orbiter, a free space flight sim.  I had a go at the Apollo 12 mission you can download and after a day and a half (with time sped up as I'm not going to go through the entire week or so it takes to complete a moon mission real-time) I all of a sudden got a message saying I'd died, even though I'd done what the manual said.  It probably had something to do with all the spinning the guidance computer induced shortly after take-off.

Today I'm going to try to get back into Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun as I'm really starting to want to play CnC 3: Kane's Wrath (but want to go through the entire story first).

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »
I've been really getting into Battlefield 2 lately after the BF3 trailer came out.  It turns out that the last updates have caused problems with installing the complete collection, which I have, so it took a bit of playing around, but now I have it installed I am absolutely loving it.  Best multiplayer experience ever, and I've only played offline with bots so far!

I suggest those with PCs and internet access grab the old demo as supposedly people still run servers for the multiplayer in it so perhaps one night we can get together, and hopefully if enough people get the full game we can do a night with the full game.