Author Topic: What did you play today?  (Read 49994 times)

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
Re: What did you play today?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 12:09:26 AM »
Played some Fable 2 at a friend's house today.  I kinda liked it, but some of the stuff was a little weird.  I don't know if I like the way they handle cut scenes, like they were trying to do it the way Assassin's Creed did but then didn't really go the full way.  Didn't get very far, but I'm thinking I might get it for myself.

Or just go over and play his copy. :P
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »
I've been really getting into Battlefield 2 lately after the BF3 trailer came out.  It turns out that the last updates have caused problems with installing the complete collection, which I have, so it took a bit of playing around, but now I have it installed I am absolutely loving it.  Best multiplayer experience ever, and I've only played offline with bots so far!

I suggest those with PCs and internet access grab the old demo as supposedly people still run servers for the multiplayer in it so perhaps one night we can get together, and hopefully if enough people get the full game we can do a night with the full game.

Will do.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 09:13:49 PM »
Flyboy and I have spent the last two days completing Isla Illocentes and Arica Harbor on Hardcore in Onslaught. I think I may have spelled the name of one map wrong and the other is just the wrong map...

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »
You are right Drake, you were indeed wrong.  Its Isla Innocentes and Atacama Desert that we played on. ;)

Yesterday I also tried out Tim Schafer's (the guy behind Brutal Legend, Psychonauts and Costume Quest) new game, Stacking.  Its such a fun game and once again he and his studio (Double Fine) have managed to make a game completely different to what's in the market.  In fact, I like it so much I'm tempted to pay the 1200 MS points and buy it.

And for today, I just found out that owners of any Dawn of War game on Steam get access to the beta of the next expansion, Retribution, until the end of today.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 03:32:54 PM »
After being shot in the head by snipers and landed on by helocopters, and even run over by a teammate a few times, I have trouble remembering the things we did.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 01:59:56 PM »
Today I bought Stacking on Xbox Live.  Its a fantastic game (as I mentioned before) definitely worth trying out.  The cutscenes do feel sometimes like they drag on a bit, and the game itself is something that is probably best played in short stints of a few hours, but overall I'm glad I bought it and will likely go back and get all the other stuff I missed first time round.

Oh, and for those big on achievements, it has 17 achievements instead of the usual 12 for an XBL game.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »
I played Halo: Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops yesterday.  It's hard to switch from Black Ops to Reach, but I think that by playing both I am improving overall.

I've been trying to get my KoTor II to work on my laptop recently but I'm not having any luck.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »
Getting back into Dragon Age. Talo and I figures out that I might end up with around 600 hours of playtime in that game.

EDIT:

Okay, I feel like Dragon Age gave me a birthday present. So my group is fighting an Ogre Alpha, big, ugly, with horns. Alastair, a Grew Warden, is suited up in Juggernaut armor, basically what you see jousting knights wearing. My character, who is also a Grey Warden, is wearing dragon plate armor, a more ornate, red version of the Juggernaut armor, and a Cylindrical helmet, the type you see Templars wear. Alistair is wielding a Scimitar that has lighting running down it, and a shield, while my character is wielding a huge, two-handed flaming sword named Yusaris. There's a special animation when you kill a boss. So, we kill this boss, and both Alastair and my character start the animation. They both slash at the Ogre at an angle, both looking like this is scripted instead of a glitch, jump up into the air, and stab it in the chest at angles, and then merge. So, the two character models are now overlaying. My character's badarse red armor, Alastair's cool helmet, my giant flaming sword, and his huge shield make up this single, super awesome character. Blending my favorite parts of both characters perfectly. Awesome.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:38:54 PM by Drake Vhett »

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
Best glitch evar.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 11:36:25 PM »
I know, right?

ThetaSquad288

• Private
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
Playing MAG= S.V.E.R most of the time on PS3... Clan of 200 + members & we kick B**

Can't wait my Baby to come... SOCOM 4 by the developers, & Crysis 2

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »
Today I played Halo:Reach. I ranked up to Brigadier today too.

ThetaSquad288

• Private
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »
Today I played Halo:Reach. I ranked up to Brigadier today too.

I think i saw u p/ing Reach with a squad of Vodes = a Merc guy, couldn't join, no Gold at the moment :)

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 07:16:17 PM »
I think i saw u p/ing Reach with a squad of Vodes = a Merc guy, couldn't join, no Gold at the moment :)
Vooood...(Duuuuude)  It was Epic!! We were jet packin and tearin fools UUPP!!

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »
Right now I'm playing through Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga to get the last 4 achievements I need.  I've already gotten the ones for performing 20 unblockable combos and wearing every hat, so all I need is the get 100 points in arcade (which I should have shortly) and to get 100% completion (which I need just over half the challenge kits for and that is it).

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 08:39:24 PM »
Right now I'm playing through Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga to get the last 4 achievements I need.  I've already gotten the ones for performing 20 unblockable combos and wearing every hat, so all I need is the get 100 points in arcade (which I should have shortly) and to get 100% completion (which I need just over half the challenge kits for and that is it).
I love Lego Star Wars.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 09:16:49 PM »
Yeah, it's fun...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 03:07:59 AM »
Yeah, it's fun...
It's fun to just destroy everything. And make a Mando character!

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 06:57:06 AM »
Yes it is.  I created my own RepCom character (or as close as I could get) and taking it on a couple of challenge missions was awesome.  The dodge move he performed was the best I've seen in the game (I think its the same the Fetts use, but for some reason I find it looks better with my custom character), although I now tend to play as the ghost characters more as the challenge levels are timed and as enemies won't engage ghosts in combat its the quickest way through (and also provides an interesting perspective on the levels as, providing the AI player has chosen something that won't be attacked, you get to see the NPCs just hanging about chatting).

I now have just one achievement to go in Lego Star Wars now which is the 100% one, and I'm currently at around 96% completion with just the last 9 challenge kits left to collect.  If anyone wants help getting the cloud cover or arcade master achievements really quickly then I'll be happy to show you the tricks I used to get them.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 03:55:44 AM »
Hey flyboy, could you PM your tactics for getting some of those tougher Achievements? I've been playing some Lego Star Wars recently. It's relaxing...