Author Topic: What did you play today?  (Read 59201 times)

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
Re: What did you play today?
« Reply #400 on: September 19, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
Today I got Jet Set Radio on Xbox Live Arcade as Sega released the HD version of the Dreamcast original today (no idea why they didn't release it yesterday as is customary on XBLA).  For 800 MS Points ($10) its a great deal, especially as they have a short documentary included about the making of the game and some of the songs from the sequel, Jet Set Radio Future (which I love to bits).

Gameplay wise its much more different from JSRF then I was expecting, but it is still good fun.  Some elements are a little confusing, like tagging other players doesn't make sense as when you get close the tag icon sometimes comes up and sometimes doesn't.  I'm also not a fan of the fact you can't do tricks to gain speed while grinding like in JSRF, so learning how to manage momentum looks to be a big part of really getting to grips with the game.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

ThetaSquad288

• Private
« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2012, 07:04:06 PM »
Today I got Jet Set Radio on Xbox Live Arcade as Sega released the HD version of the Dreamcast original today (no idea why they didn't release it yesterday as is customary on XBLA).  For 800 MS Points ($10) its a great deal, especially as they have a short documentary included about the making of the game and some of the songs from the sequel, Jet Set Radio Future (which I love to bits).

Gameplay wise its much more different from JSRF then I was expecting, but it is still good fun.  Some elements are a little confusing, like tagging other players doesn't make sense as when you get close the tag icon sometimes comes up and sometimes doesn't.  I'm also not a fan of the fact you can't do tricks to gain speed while grinding like in JSRF, so learning how to manage momentum looks to be a big part of really getting to grips with the game.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:08:00 AM by ThetaSquad288 »

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2012, 01:36:49 PM »
I've been playing some Halo: Reach again lately, and last night I had two awesome rounds right before I went to bed. The first one I went 20 for 2, and the second one I went 21 for 0.

Oh how I love hearing that 'Perfection!' medal at the end of a round :D

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #403 on: December 05, 2012, 06:23:45 PM »
Since getting it in the Humble THQ Bundle, I've been playing a lot of Saints Row the Third.  I had a slight interest in it before, but not enough to get it on Xbox 360, and now I'm glad I got it on PC as not only did I really enjoy it but I was able to play at 1080p resolution as opposed to the 720p consoles have, which made everything look that little bit better. And best of all, it has full Xbox 360 controller support in so I got PC graphics with console controls, which is definitely the better way for me (I know mouse and keyboard is more accurate and responsive, but I have too little experience with them compared to controllers to effectively use them).

Still, I finished the story today so with the exception of dipping back in to muck around a bit more and finish getting the collectables, I'll most likely start on the next game I'm interested in from the bundle, Metro 2033, which also has full controller support built-in (from what I've read online, at least).  If more of the games I'm interested in have controller support (at least, the ones it makes sense for.  Not keen on playing Rome II: Total War with one) then PC may be the platform I stick to until the next generation of consoles finally come.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #404 on: December 09, 2012, 05:15:13 AM »
Another year, another round of proof that the Spike VGA's are a joke.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #405 on: December 18, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »
With my XBox now fixed (YAY!) I am playing Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #406 on: December 23, 2012, 05:49:08 PM »
Well, the Steam holiday sale is in full force and already my wallet's taken a hit.  Sim City 4, Psychonauts, Dawn of War franchise and Darksiders franchise, along with Saints Row: The Third DLC Season Pass are all now in my steam library, and its only day 4 of the sale.  At the moment I'm mainly between Darksiders, Saints Row: The Third and Dawn of War II: Retribution, so if you want to play anything with me right now those are your best bets (and the complete packs for all 3 are still discounted to 75% each or something).  I'm quite anxious to see how the Tau Commander plays in DoW II: Retribution Last Stand mode.

Also, my Xbox 360 has decided it doesn't like my router all of a sudden and won't connect over WiFi without me resetting the router repeatedly, so don't expect to see me on XBL in the near future.

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #407 on: December 23, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »
I'm playing FTL: Faster than Light on a recommendation from the you tuber Total Biscuit. Its a space adventure game with spaceship micromanagement.

"All power to engines Mr. Scotty!"

"I'm givin er all she gots cap'n!"

Its pretty fun, only annoying thing is that when you die, you have to start all the way over. No redo.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #408 on: December 23, 2012, 09:29:28 PM »
Like Flyboy, my wallet's taken a hit. Chivalry, Portal 1 & 2, Amnesia, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc. Scouring the Daily Deals for anything good.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #409 on: December 24, 2012, 05:54:02 AM »
I'm playing FTL: Faster than Light on a recommendation from the you tuber Total Biscuit. Its a space adventure game with spaceship micromanagement.

"All power to engines Mr. Scotty!"

"I'm givin er all she gots cap'n!"

Its pretty fun, only annoying thing is that when you die, you have to start all the way over. No redo.

Oh yeah, FTL is a GREAT game, been playing it some lately.

Also been playing Planetside 2 and Natural Selection 2 as well.

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #410 on: December 24, 2012, 07:40:16 PM »
FTL is a lot of fun.

Except that last boss.

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2013, 03:07:05 PM »
Finally got around to playing Black Mesa today.  Got  most of the way through before the game crashed.   I was pretty impressed by it, considering its a community mod and its released for free.  I was also pleased to find that its controller compatible, although the buttons aren't reconfigurable and the default layout they provide isn't the best (but still perfectly playable).

I also started replaying Half-Life 2 yesterday.  Its been long enough since I last played it that I remember the major sections of the game and the general order of sequences, but I don't remember how some of the puzzles are solved so I end up having to re-work them out again.  I'll probably continue it once I've finished Black Mesa (or at least what they've released so far).

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #412 on: January 08, 2013, 12:25:19 AM »
My friend got me Red Dead Redemption for Christmas, so I've been playing that.

This game is incredible.

Find an excuse to win.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #413 on: January 29, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Garry's Mod recently, and I got the bright idea to go around as Seananners and troll for reactions. This happened.

lol. The reactions on a Trouble in Terrorist Town server were HILARIOUS. Ahahahaha.

Anyway...yeah, Garry's Mod, Mass Effect, Binding of Isaac, Deus Ex, CS:GO, CS:S, Portal 2, and all that jazz. Fun times.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #414 on: February 03, 2013, 05:55:20 AM »
My friend got me Red Dead Redemption for Christmas, so I've been playing that.

This game is incredible.

Glad you finally came around.  I made a thread about it years ago...

It is a true great.

RC-1195 TYRO

• Private
  • "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
« Reply #415 on: February 04, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
Far Cry 3 is awesome.
They are the First to Move
Toward the Sounds of Chaos
the Only Things Louder Than the Sounds of Chaos
Are the Sounds of the Few Moving Toward Them.

"Hard Corps is the only way I know."
---The Warrior Song - Hard Corps

Semper Fi till I die.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #416 on: February 04, 2013, 10:18:38 PM »
The Napoleonic Wars DLC for Mount and Blade Warband. Extremely fun!

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #417 on: February 09, 2013, 04:48:11 PM »
Star Wars Rebel Assault.  I know, its 20 years old this year, and only runs in DosBox, and if released today it'd probably only be a flash game on the Star wars website rather then the full retail release it was originally, and it completely breaks with canon with its story, but its still a pretty fun game.  Got further today when playing it then I ever have before by finishing off all the Hoth stuff and making it to Yavin (yeah, it really breaks canon).

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #418 on: February 11, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
Been ripping through Halo 4 recently. Finally getting around to a Legendary playthough. Those Knights are game-breaking!
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

ExoProto

• Lieutenant
  • Always look twice.
« Reply #419 on: May 30, 2013, 03:37:56 AM »
Y'all are still around, huh? Nice to see that some people still have dedication, heh.  :yummy:

Figured if I'm going to poke my head back in after years of being inactive, I might as well say what I've been up to lately. I got back into SW:TOR after abandoning it for a few months... I guess I got a little bit nostalgic for the good ol' days of immersion and roleplaying.