Author Topic: Niner or Carter?  (Read 11700 times)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
Niner or Carter?
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:31:50 AM »
I know there are hundreds of Spartan vs. Commando threads, but I just thought these characters were so similar to each other. Team leader, by-the-book, rarely improvise, ect.

Now, this is assuming they only have their standard weapons, plus one more weapon of your choice - but no Spartan lasers, Wookiee homing launchers, or Spartan missile launchers. Who do you think?

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
Re: Niner or Carter?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »
What do we think about what? If they would make a great team? Sure.

Who would win in a fight?

And your absolutely right, we DO have plenty of these threads. So don't be suprised if you get little in way of replies.
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »
Right. I meant fight, but...that's okay if I don't get too many replies.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 02:04:56 AM »
Carter.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:07:01 AM »
I propose a boycott on vs. topics on the grounds they are presumptuous.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 04:24:46 AM »
The problem with VS things like these, like with two guys like Niner and Carter, is there's 50 million different ways that either of them could win.  Might be wrong here since I only have a so-so knowledge of Halo stuff, but Spartan 3s like Carter are basically just really tough people with really good armor/weapons.  Which is basically like any other Republic commando, Niner included.  It's not like Master Chief VS Niner, where (as much as I love Niner) the Chief would win 99.99% guaranteed.  And it's not like Master Chief VS Galen Marek where (as tough and awesome as Chief is) there's no way he could win against Starkiller's powers.

They're normal guys so pretty much anything could happen.  Either one could get off a lucky shot in the first 2 seconds, the fight could go on for hours until both are out of all ammo and it turns into a melee fight.  Even then, maybe Carter gets Niner in a choke hold and wins, or Niner just gets pissed enough that he beats Carter to death with punches.  I'm not really against VS topics, aside from the ridiculous amount of dumb arguing and crap, but you can't really gauge people like this, and there's too many "Well maybe he did..." or "But what if he..." for normals.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 07:32:50 AM »
The problem with VS things like these, like with two guys like Niner and Carter, is there's 50 million different ways that either of them could win.  Might be wrong here since I only have a so-so knowledge of Halo stuff, but Spartan 3s like Carter are basically just really tough people with really good armor/weapons.  Which is basically like any other Republic commando, Niner included.  It's not like Master Chief VS Niner, where (as much as I love Niner) the Chief would win 99.99% guaranteed.  And it's not like Master Chief VS Galen Marek where (as tough and awesome as Chief is) there's no way he could win against Starkiller's powers.

They're normal guys so pretty much anything could happen.  Either one could get off a lucky shot in the first 2 seconds, the fight could go on for hours until both are out of all ammo and it turns into a melee fight.  Even then, maybe Carter gets Niner in a choke hold and wins, or Niner just gets pissed enough that he beats Carter to death with punches.  I'm not really against VS topics, aside from the ridiculous amount of dumb arguing and crap, but you can't really gauge people like this, and there's too many "Well maybe he did..." or "But what if he..." for normals.

It reveals the bias of the one arguing, so it's not necessarily balanced.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
Agreed on all points. And...

I propose a boycott on vs. topics on the grounds they are presumptuous.

I'll second that.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »
I haven't even been looking at the Vs. topics but I agree. No more.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!!

Before we get rid of ALL the VS threads I purpose ONE MORE......SEAN vs Carter, Niner, Boss, AND John 117.

Sean will roll in with M4 and throw a flash bang and then a frag grenade. As he steps in the room he sweeps left to right and engages the dazed Clones with hammer pairs to the head. As he watches their heads explode into red mist he slides up to Carter and sticks a Grayman Ground Pounder in at the neck of Carter's suit and feels the gush of hot blood flowing across the blade. As John-117 backs up into a corner in fear Sean steps up to him and smiles......."I do this for real dude! I'm the most ELITE guy you'll ever meet....a US Marine." he says as he rips off John's helmet and gives him a nose tweek......and then leaves.
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 12:41:28 AM »
That's ONE version: in the other version... Sean walks into the room. Round house kicks them all at the same time with one kick, and their faces start melting Indiana Jones style.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 01:18:40 AM »
That was the best VS showdown I've ever seen.

Find an excuse to win.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 03:06:22 AM »
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!!

Before we get rid of ALL the VS threads I purpose ONE MORE......SEAN vs Carter, Niner, Boss, AND John 117.

Sean will roll in with M4 and throw a flash bang and then a frag grenade. As he steps in the room he sweeps left to right and engages the dazed Clones with hammer pairs to the head. As he watches their heads explode into red mist he slides up to Carter and sticks a Grayman Ground Pounder in at the neck of Carter's suit and feels the gush of hot blood flowing across the blade. As John-117 backs up into a corner in fear Sean steps up to him and smiles......."I do this for real dude! I'm the most ELITE guy you'll ever meet....a US Marine." he says as he rips off John's helmet and gives him a nose tweek......and then leaves.

I just think that this is the bestest thing ever. Evar!
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »
"I do this for real dude! I'm the most ELITE guy you'll ever meet....a US Marine." he says as he rips off John's helmet and gives him a nose tweek......and then leaves.

He then splatters to infinitesimal particals of Sean-colored paste as Chuck Norris sends him a subtle reminder.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »
He then splatters to infinitesimal particals of Sean-colored paste as Chuck Norris sends him a subtle reminder.

Pssh, no way. Sean would kick Chuck Norris' old man shebs anyday.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 09:29:17 PM »
I think we need a "Sean vs Chuck Norris" topic now...

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 09:42:33 PM »
It will be the only one able to escape our boycott :P

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 09:53:28 PM »
We seem to be doing a piss-poor job boycotting this topic anyway.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 01:40:12 AM »
it just happens to be the place where our boycott was brought up. It is now our meeting site.

Omega 36

• Private
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »
[spoiler]If Carter had a Pelican that he could suicide bomb with (last level)...[/spoiler]
I say Carter would win.