Author Topic: Bomb Squad Troopers  (Read 8151 times)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
Bomb Squad Troopers
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »
So I was on Wookieepedia, and I read that according to Filoni, the Bomb Squad troopers from the Naboo episodes were going to have unique armor, rather than just be orange clones. But time constraints caused them to use existing models. What do you think the "unique" armor would've looked like. Probably thick, like Commando armor, because they're suppposed to disable bombs and all.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
Re: Bomb Squad Troopers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:43:41 PM »
My guess is that, judging by the way they take some inspiration from real-life designs, it would have looked something like a cross between the Katarn-class commando armor and the big suits worn by real-life bomb disposal experts.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Laney97

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
My guess is that, judging by the way they take some inspiration from real-life designs, it would have looked something like a cross between the Katarn-class commando armor and the big suits worn by real-life bomb disposal experts.

I thought that. With black colours and red livery. Dunno why... just what I think.

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:41:27 PM »
I always imagined them as looking like Clone blaze troopers.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_blaze_trooper

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »
I love blaze troopers! :)

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Laney97

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »
Hmmm... now that you mention it, that's a very good image for them. Just with a little bit (Just a little, tiny, whatever) less armour. Maybe its cause I hate it when they all look the same. Stupid Kaminoans.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
I'd think that the size of the trooper could be similar to the Blaze Troopers...but I think they'd need to scale the armor back on the arms and hands in order to let the trooper have his full range of motion. It's important not to be clumsy when defusing bombs...

Laney97

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 11:58:55 AM »
Now that would be messy...

Lil Vod

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »
WHOA. awesome :D

Null-4 Kolburn Skirata

• Lieutenant
  • "ARCs were not team players."
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 03:08:25 AM »
I agree,
 the armor do not look well protected in case the bomb go off.
Just a Phase I clone trooper armor with orange markings LAME!
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!- "Don't mess with Mandos, mate!" (lit: "Don't wave your saber at Mandalorians, mate!:)