Author Topic: Geronimo: A Crossover Fanfic  (Read 3700 times)

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
Geronimo: A Crossover Fanfic
« on: April 08, 2011, 03:28:57 PM »
Wherein I write something NOT related to Delta Squad! WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?! (Warning: some spoilers for Criminal Minds, and maybe a few for Doctor Who, I'm not sure yet. Just FYI.)

Universes: Criminal Minds and Doctor Who,
Takes Place: During the 11th Doctor Era (pre-series six, since I am writing this before it comes out and have NO IDEA what happens), after Prentiss “dies” in Season Six.
Parings: Hints of past UST between Reid/JJ. Amy/Rory.
Rating: PG-13
Notes: Since this is a crossover fic, it obviously takes place in an AU. Thus, events that occurred in the Whoniverse (such as repeated alien-related goings-on in London) are going to be referenced by CM characters as though they occurred during the CM canon. Also, if you know nothing about either fandom, then just ask. I will be glad to answer any and all questions. :)

Prologue:

Five dead already in the space of a month.  Shot in the head, then all of the internal organs removed.  All of them.  It was his signature, one they’d already traced to three other major cities: Los Angeles, Chicago, and Orlando.  Five deaths, seven deaths, and two deaths, respectively.

There was nothing to tie his victims together.  They were men and women, different races, different economic statuses, different jobs.  No fingerprints, no DNA, nothing but his signature to let the police know that these killings were related.

That was why the BAU was there, driving to the New York, already bouncing ideas off each other.

They were going to get to the bottom of this.

…………

The last time he was in New York, Daleks were trying to take over the population using the Empire State building and pig-men.

Hopefully, this time, the trip would be a little less eventful.

The TARDIS materialized with its usual vworp. Vworp. Vworp.  Leaving the break on, indeed.  It was a brilliant noise.  He wouldn’t trade the noise for anything.

“Didn’t you say there were Daleks and Pig-Men last time you came here?” said Amy as she pulled on her coat.

“Daleks and Pig-Men?!” repeated Rory, a frown suddenly appearing on his face.  “He never told me about that.”

“That was in the past, Rory, and I handled it.  Nothing but buildings and people now,” he said as he straightened his bow tie.  “Now then…”  The Doctor smiled broadly as he opened the door to the TARDIS.  “Shall we?”

Another day, another adventure.  And hopefully, nothing would try to kill them this time…
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
Re: Geronimo: A Crossover Fanfic
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 12:10:29 AM »
I have only seen up to season 4 on netflix! can I be reading this!?

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:15:06 AM »
I don't see why not...I plotted it out to be self-contained. The only thing that's spoiler-ish is that [spoiler]Amy and Rory are married now.[/spoiler] Really, all you'd have to do is go on YouTube and watch a bunch of 11th Doctor clips to get an idea of what 11 is like. Short answer: he's awesome.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:17:25 AM »
Okay, since I don't really know Amy or Rory? I'll be okay... Just warn me before each chapter if it will have something I will really need to avoid.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »
KK. Since I've only seen like, one episode of Series Five, we should both be set. I mean, I know what happens (internet) but I like to avoid writing about things I don't really know that much about.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 12:29:40 AM »
Good, I just didn't want to like ruin season 5 before I saw it. Hey I also told my friend who got me into Doctor Who about your story. Perhaps he will show up. Only time will tell.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 12:36:29 AM »
Sweet! ^^

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
I haven't really watched much of either show, but so far the story seems interesting.  I look forward to the next part. :)

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 06:11:58 PM »
Thanks! :) It's been kind of slow going, thought...strange. OH WELL! *beats writer's block with a stick*

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 07:00:34 PM »
Sorry this chapter is kinda short. They'll get longer as time goes on. Honest!

Part One:

“You know what bothers me?”

Derek Morgan looked up from the files he was reading.  “No, kid, what bothers you?”

Doctor Spencer Reid gestured towards the crime scene photos on the wall.  “The organ removal.  It just doesn’t seem necessary.”

“What do you mean?”

“The victims are killed quickly and efficiently.  One shot to the head, that’s it.  What purpose does removing the internal organs serve?  It would make sense if the victims were alive and the killer was some kind of sexual sadist…”

“But they’re dead.”

“Exactly.”  Spencer rubbed at his temples.  He could feel another headache coming on.  They’d been coming and going a lot lately.  Every doctor he’d seen said he was fine, but…

“Hey, kid, you okay?”

That was the problem with having profilers for friends.  They didn’t miss much.  “It’s nothing.  Just a headache,” he said, hoping Morgan wouldn’t press the matter.

He pressed the matter.  “Have you been sleeping lately?  You look terrible.”

Spencer probably did look terrible.  You’d have to be blind not to notice the dark circles under his eyes, or how much paler he’d become.  “I keep trying,” he admitted, keeping his voice low so the others wouldn’t hear, “but…I’ve been having these really weird dreams lately.”

Morgan frowned slightly.  “Have you talked to someone about this?” he asked.

“No.  It’s nothing, really,” he added briskly, already wishing he hadn’t brought it up.  “Just dreams.”

Morgan didn’t believe him, Spencer could tell, but Hotch walked in before the other man could continue to press the matter.  “We were just talking about the signature,” said Reid, rubbing at the bridge of his nose.  “I was just saying it doesn’t make a lot of sense.”

“I was thinking the same thing,” said Hotch.  His gaze was suspicious, but he didn’t press the matter, thank goodness.

I’m going to be hearing about this later, aren’t I?

Reid sighed.

Well, today is going to interesting.  I can tell already…

…………

There was something wrong in New York City.

The Doctor wasn’t sure what yet, but there was something wrong.  He could tell.

As he walked down the streets, he could just feel it.  Nothing big, just a bit of a mild edge, but it was there.  Anxiety, concern, even fear.  Why?

Amy and Rory didn’t seem concerned, but they were only human.  They couldn’t hear what he heard.  Still, he had to ask: “Does anything seem off to you two?”

Amy considered it, then shook her head.  “No.  Everything looks normal to me.”

Rory nodded in agreement, though he seemed concerned by the question.  “Why, do you think something’s wrong?” he asked.

“I’m not sure,” said the Doctor.  “Something just feels off.”  Amy looked at him, confused; the Doctor just shrugged.  “It’s a Time Lord thing.  Help me find a newsstand.”

“Newsstand?”

“Well, someone has to know something, and a newspaper’s a good place to start.”

They ended up finding a squat blue newspaper dispenser, easily coaxed into opening with the help of his Sonic Screwdriver.  He could tell Rory was learning; this time he didn’t protest that the action was technically illegal.  “Let’s see, stock market, politics, blah blah blah,” muttered the Doctor as he scanned the newspaper.

“So what are you looking for, exactly?” asked Amy as she peered over his shoulder.

“I’m not sure,” said the Doctor.  “Something unusual, something that would get people scared…”

“Something like that?” asked Rory, pointing to one of the smaller headlines.

The Doctor read it, then did a double-take and read it again.  FIFTH BODY FOUND IN DOWNTOWN NEW YORK.

Fifth body.  Fifth.  Five people dead in New York City.  That’s definitely not normal.

“Yeah,” he said finally.  “Something a like that.”
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:03:06 PM by ScreechTheMighty »

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 09:05:34 PM »
Five people dead in New York is wierd? I don't watch enough Criminal Minds, which stinks, cause I love Criminal profiling.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 09:35:19 PM »
Trust me, that's going to be the least weird thing in this fic.  ;)

Actually there may or may not be a you tube user SSAMinds who may or may not have all of season five and what's come out of season six on his/her channel on you tube. And you didn't hear that from me. >.>

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 08:47:26 PM »
Hey! Hey! Betcha forgot I was writing this, didn't ya? Well, I am. And here's a new chapter!

Also, I should warn you, after this chapter, things are going to get...goofy. But I'll explain that when the time comes.

Part Two:

They weren’t going to get involved.

That’s what the Doctor said.  But Rory knew the day that the Doctor didn’t get involved was the day that he sprouted wings and flew.  The Doctor got involved.  It was in his nature.

Although he really did look like he was going to stay out of trouble this time.  In fact, he seemed more concerned with feeding the ducks in Central Park than getting into any trouble.  “See that, Amy?” he said, gesturing towards the small lake the ducks were swimming in.  “That is a duck pond.  I know it’s a duck pond because it actually has ducks in it.”

“You’re never going to let that go, are you?” laughed Amy as she tossed some pretzel crumbs to a nearby group of ducks.

“Why should I?  It was a duck pond with no ducks.  That doesn’t make any sense.  Does that make any sense, Rory?”

“Not really,” admitted Rory.  “But I’m not sure why it matters.”

“Because…”  The Doctor cut himself off mid-sentence.  “Hello, what do we have here?”  He approached the edge of the lake, pulling out his sonic screwdriver as he did so.  “Amy, Rory, come look at this…”

As Rory approached the lake, he thought he saw…well, he wasn’t sure what it was.  Something metal, caked in whatever mud and muck was at the bottom of the lake.  It could have been anything, really.  “What do you think it is?” asked Amy.

“I’m not sure…”  The sonic screwdriver whined and buzzed, the sound changing as the Doctor pointed it at the object.  “Whatever it is, it’s not from Earth, I can tell you that.”

“Oh, of course it’s not,” said Rory.  The Doctor started pulling off his shoes.  “What are you doing?”

“Going after it.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“Relax, I’ve waded through worse.”  He pushed his pants up to his knees.  “At least this is just freshwater.  No digestive juices.  That’s never a pleasant sensation.”

Rory considered asking, but then decided against it.

The Doctor waded out to the object, fishing it out of the water.  It was some sort of a metallic cylinder, smudged with mud and dripping wet.  “Well, well,” said the Doctor.  He was smiling as he climbed out of the pond, and Rory found himself feeling nervous for no reason whatsoever.  “I do believe that planet earth has a few guests.”

Rory groaned.  Of course it does…

…………

“So it’s just…an alien wireless hot spot?”

“Basically.”  The Doctor held up the object, tapping the outer shell lightly.  “Gives the signals an extra boost.”

“Signals to what?”

“I don’t know.  Spaceship?  Another planet?  Something like that.”  I’ve seen this kind of technology before, but where…  “Point is, it’s not going to explode or anything.”

Rory didn’t look any less bothered by the object’s existence.  “Well, what if it’s transmitting signals calling for an attack?” he asked.  “What then?”

“I think I would have noticed that, Rory.  Still, I’ve already started scanning for any unusual transmissions.  If anyone sends another signal through this fine piece of machinery, we’ll know.”

Rory didn’t seem convinced.  “So, you don’t think it’s dangerous?”

“Oddly enough, no.  Not this time, anyway.  Still…”  He shrugged.  “It would be rude not to say hello, wouldn’t it?”

…………

Spencer had been staring at the crime scene photos for so long that he wouldn’t be able to forget them even if he didn’t have eidetic memory.  Looking for…something.  He still wasn’t sure what yet.

Aside from the removal of the internal organs, there is no…passion in these kills.  No sign that he’s enjoying this.  He’s killed so many people that he should be enjoying it, but it doesn’t feel like he is.

It was almost as if…

Maybe…

Reid pulled out his phone and pushed one of the speed-dial numbers.  He finally stood up for the first time in what felt like hours as he waited for an answer, feeling his back ache in complaint.  “Hello, this is the Oracle of the BAU, Penelope Garcia,” said Garcia cheerily.

“Garcia, it’s Reid.  Could you do something for me?”

“Anything, sugar.”

“I need you to check for any connections between all of the victims.  Similar jobs, similar circles…anything.”

All of the victims?  As in the various victims scattered all throughout the country?”

“I know it’s a big job, but I have this theory…”

“Say no more, Doctor Reid.  I’ll let you know when I’m done.”

“Thanks, Garcia.”

As he shut his phone, he noticed Seaver out of the corner of his eye.  He still wasn’t sure what to think of her.  In fact, he barely knew anything about her.  He didn’t even know if she liked him or not.  “So, what’s the theory?” she asked.

“It’s a long shot, but a while back we had this case involving a hit man.  He was willing to mutilate his victims for extra money.”

“And you were thinking this might be similar.”

“It’s one explanation.  Aside from the organ removal, the kills seem…impersonal.  Almost businesslike.  So what if it is just business?”

“But that’s only if all the victims have something in common.”

“Yeah.  I know it’s a long shot, but…”  Reid shrugged.  “It’s the only one we’ve got.”

…………

Night was falling, which meant it was time to find somewhere to sleep.  They could have just stayed on the TARDIS, but where was the fun in that?  “The nice thing about big cities like this,” said the Doctor as he consulted a map, “is that there is always a place to stay.  You would not believe how hard it is to find a hotel on some planets…”  Neither Amy nor Rory responded to the statement, but they both looked tired.  He sometimes forgot that humans wore out so easily.  The Doctor felt like he could keep going for another five hours, approximately, depending on if he had anything to eat or not.  But that obviously wasn’t going to happen.

Although, maybe I could wander off by myself…after all, they might want some “alone time”…

The Doctor’s gaze drifted away from the map as he considered the idea, just in time to see someone running down the street, ducking into a nearby alley.  The person had looked human, but… “Did you see that?” he asked aloud.

“See what?” yawned Amy.

Guess not.  

He began to walk briskly towards the alleyway, Amy and Rory’s questions as to where he was going slipping in one ear and out the other.  Who are you, strange person, and why don’t you feel human?  Because you look human.  You should feel human.  Unless…

The revelation hit him as he stood at the mouth of the alleyway.  His face lit up and he grinned from ear to ear.  Of course!  That’s where I’ve seen it!

“Brilliant!” he said aloud.  “Fantastic!”

“What’s fantastic?” asked Amy.

“Should we be here?” asked Rory.  “This doesn’t look like the safest…”  The Doctor ignored him and strode into the alley.  “Doctor!”

“Hello?” called the Doctor.  The alley way was a dead end, so there couldn’t be that many places for the being to hide.  “It’s all right.  I’m not going to hurt you.”  He thought he heard movement coming from a nearby trash bin.  There were slight whispers of emotion—fear, confusion.  It wasn’t often he could pick those up without trying, accept… “You’re not from around here, are you?”  The emotions suddenly spiked, turning to terror in an instant.  “That’s okay.  Neither am I.”

“Doctor, what’s going on?”

The Doctor held up a finger.  “Shh.  Don’t want to scare him.”

But the being didn’t seem scared, only curious.  The Doctor felt some otherness touch his mind, pulling back almost instantly.  It didn’t take a lot of probing to see that the Doctor wasn’t human.  “It’s all right,” repeated the Doctor.  “I’m the Doctor.  I can help you.”

There was a few second’s pause, then the top of the trash bin was carefully pushed open.  A male humanoid with black hair and green eyes peered out from the bin.  “The Doctor, you say?” he said, still sounding wary.

“That’s me,” replied the Doctor.  “And this is Amy and Rory.  Don’t worry, they’re harmless.”

The humanoid hesitated before climbing out of the bin.  “I’m…well, you can call me Jeff,” he said.  “How’d you know?”

“I’ve encountered a few of your kind before,” said the Doctor cheerily.  “Different planet, different time.”

“What do you mean, ‘your kind’?” asked Rory.

“He’s not human.”

“What?!”

“I know, right?  Shape shifting race.  Can assume almost any bipedal form.  Isn’t it brilliant?”  The Doctor turned back to “Jeff”, smiling.  “Let me guess, curiosity?  Tourism?”

“Just…just visiting for a few months.  I don’t mean any harm.”

“Of course you don’t.  Now, what were you doing hiding in a trash bin?”

“I…”  Jeff glanced over the Doctor’s shoulder.  “I, I thought I lost him, but I wasn’t sure…”

“Who?  Lost who?”

“The man, the man with the knife…”  Jeff seemed genuinely frightened by whoever this man was.  “He…he already got Tara and Kevin…”

“Wait, does this have anything to do with those murders?” asked Rory.

Jeff started to answer, then froze.  “No,” he whispered.  “No, no, no…”

“What?  What is it?” the Doctor asked.

“We have to go.”

“Why?  What’s going on?”

Jeff didn’t answer; he just started running.  The Doctor followed.  “Jeff, what’s going on?!” he asked.

“He’s coming after me, he’s going to kill me…”

Who, Jeff?”

“Doctor!”

The Doctor glanced over his shoulder, just in time to see a man standing behind them.  A malicious-looking, armed-with-a-knife man.

Oh, dear.

Run!” shouted the Doctor.  “Jeff, come on!  This way!”

They had to get back to the TARDIS.  If they got to the TARDIS, they would be safe.  That was the way it worked.  The Doctor ran, constantly checking over his shoulder to see if Amy and Rory were keeping up.  Knife Man was fast!  “Come on, hurry!” he shouted.

They managed to run out into the main streets, suddenly surrounded by the random passersby of New York.  “Stay close,” said the Doctor, taking Amy’s free hand in one hand and one of Jeff’s in the other.  “We just have to get to the TARDIS…”

“The what?” whispered Jeff.  Poor bloke was terrified.

“TARDIS.  We’ll be safe there, trust me.  Just keep walking, act casual…”

And they did, though it was hard to act casual when you were potentially being pursued by a man with a knife who didn’t seem to like you very much.  The Doctor’s mind was racing as he strode forward.  Rory’s right, it must have something to do with those murders, but the question is what and why.  Why kill shape-shifters.  Some sort of lunatic trying to keep the earth safe from a non-existent invasion?  How did he know they were alien to begin with?  And that was the question that really bugged him.  The only way you could tell is if you did an autopsy, or happened to have vaguely psychic powers, but unless this person was…

No.  No, it can’t be.  Why would he do that if he was…

The crowd was growing thicker.  The Doctor tightened his grip on Amy and Jeff’s hands.  “Don’t let go,” he said past gritted teeth.  “Whatever you do, don’t let go.”

Famous last words, those.

Next thing he knew, Jeff’s hand was being tugged out of his, but when he turned to look, Jeff had been yanked away, his hand was gone, and there was nothing but the crowd.  What…how…  “Jeff?” he called.  “Jeff?

“I think I saw him go…” started Amy, but she was cut off by a distant cry: “Doctor!”

Oh no.

The Doctor ran in the direction of the noise, pushing his way past the crowd, finally breaking free with Amy and Rory at his heels.  “Jeff!” he shouted, running down the street.  He thought he saw…yes, that was Jeff, being shoved into a car by the man with the knife.  “Oi!  You!  Stop!

But Knife Man was in the car and driving off before the Doctor could do anything else.  “Where is he?” gasped Amy as the trio halted.

“He was in that car!” said the Doctor.

“What car?!”

“What do you mean ‘what car’, it was right…”  The Doctor stopped.  “Oh no, no you did not!

“Doctor, what’s going on?”

Perception filter!!” shouted the Doctor, causing a few pedestrians to stare blankly as they walked past.  “Oh, you’re good, but I’m better!  Come on, we’ve got to get back to the TARDIS.  I don’t know who that was, but I’m not letting him hurt Jeff!”

…………

He tried.  He really did.

He’d run as fast as he could back to the TARDIS, had the search parameters input before the door had closed, even tried to guess where Knife Man was going and get there first.  But when the TARDIS materialized and the Doctor stepped outside, they weren’t where the Knife Man was, and he knew, somehow he knew…

But that didn’t stop him.  He got out of the TARDIS and he ran, not even caring that he left Rory and Amy behind.  He had been off by a good block, they were in the next alley over.

The first thing he smelled was blood, intermingled with trash and sweat and then he was too angry to care what he smelled.

And when Knife Man looked up, he must have seen that anger in the Doctor’s eyes, and he must have known that, one way or another, this was not going to end well for him.

“Hello.  I’m the Doctor,” he said, feeling one hand clench into a fist.  “You’d better start running.”

He did.

…………

The first thing Rory noticed when he rounded the corner was the smell.

Then he saw the body.

Amy looked away the instant he saw it, but Rory couldn’t.  For some reason, he couldn’t take his eyes off of it.  And the blood, so much blood…

“Oh my g…” Amy’s sentence was cut short by a gag.

“It’s okay, it’s okay,” said Rory, instinctively holding her close, as if that could shield her from the sight. Amy buried her head in his shoulder.  “It’s…it’s all right…”  Lies, all lies.

“Is…is he…?”

“I think so.”  There was no way he could be alive.  Rory tried to remember what the emergency number was for America.  The Doctor had told them, it was nine-something-something.  With shaking hands he pulled out the phone and tried the number, hoping and praying it was the right one.

“Hello, nine-one-one.  What is your emergency?”

He nearly sobbed with relief.  “Hello?” he said.  “I’m…I don’t know where I am but, there’s a body, and…”  Rory glanced at the body one last time before looking away.  “Someone’s been killed.”
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:02:45 PM by ScreechTheMighty »

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »
Interesting plot.  Your writing's good, as always. :)  I liked the first part, especially about the duck ponds.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 10:21:21 PM »
Thanks! ^^ I had to throw in the duck pond bit. It still amuses me that, with twenty minutes left to save the world, THAT'S what he latches on to. The fact that there are no ducks in the duck pond. Oh, Doctor, your alien ADD amuses me. :)