Poll

Who is your least favourite character from the RC books?

Kal Skirata
Walon Vau
Ordo
Mereel
Jaing
Kom'rk
Prudii
A'den
Besany Wennen
Jilka Zan Zentis
Jaller Obrim
Arligian Zey
Darman
Fi
Atin
Niner
Boss
Scorch
Sev
Fixer
Etain Tur-Mukan
Bardan Jusik
Ovolot Qail Uthan
Terror Cells (TZ)
Palpatine (One-line apperance)
Agent Lemmeloth
Mercs
Sicko
And a dozen unimportant others who won't get any votes for or against.
Enacca the Wookiee.

Author Topic: LEAST Favourite Character  (Read 40517 times)

Laney97

LEAST Favourite Character
« on: April 16, 2011, 02:56:53 PM »
I didn't see a topic/poll like this, so I made one. You see, most polls concentrate on your favourite, but I want to know your least favourite. I've also put up a lot of votees, but if you want any more, just ask. You can change your vote on this poll, if you want to join the dark side at anytime... :P

EDIT: I voted... Jilka. I've grown a better view on Etain since getting Triple Zero again.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
Re: LEAST Favourite Character
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »
Boss. We don't get enough any insight into his character and he just comes across as an all-around jerk in Triple Zero.

Laney97

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »
Boss. We don't get enough any insight into his character and he just comes across as an all-around jerk in Triple Zero.

Yeah. He had a stupid fight with Niner, didn't he.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »
Wow.....  My least favorite is whoever voted for Boss.

EDIT...  Rune rune rune.....   :ouch:

Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:03:21 AM »
Yea I mean we got a lot of Boss in RepCom the game, so we kind of understand what kind of Commando he is. The fact that he had friction with Omega didn't really factor into my opinion of him. I always felt like I knew his character.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 01:05:30 AM »
What?

No Bardan Jusik?

The guys a shabla traitor who failed at being a jedi and became a hippie mando-poser wannabe.

I spit on Jusik's stolen armour.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 01:07:06 AM »
Damn...harsh much? lol I thought everyone liked Jusik...

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:51 AM »
What?

No Bardan Jusik?

The guys a shabla traitor who failed at being a jedi and became a hippie mando-poser wannabe.

I spit on Jusik's stolen armour.

Lol, not a Jusik fan, eh Dred? :P

I liked Jusik. He followed what his heart told him was right instead of going along with a bunch of biggots. But that's just my opinion, not trying to start anything.

However, my personal LEAST favorite is, and will always be, Etain Tur-Moron.  I won't even start on her, I'll just leave it at I loath her deeply.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 01:46:35 AM »
I liked Jusik. He followed what his heart told him was right instead of going along with a bunch of biggots. But that's just my opinion, not trying to start anything.

Completely agree.

Etain Tur-Moron

LOL'd at this.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 02:26:25 AM »

Etain failed harder at being a Jedi, but in a way I see your point. I never really cared one way or another about Jusik. He gets a few points in my mind for at least having the guts to DO something about his dislike of the Jedi (versus the aforementioned Tur-Moron, to borrow Commander Ordo's phrase, who just whined about it a little). Oh, and for helping Fi. But again, I'm ambivalent towards him. He just...is.

Three guesses as to who my least favorite is. *cough*
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 04:02:31 AM »
Lol, not a Jusik fan, eh Dred? :P

Nope.  You should see me when I really talk about how I feel about that character!  lol.

But that's just my opinion, not trying to start anything.

Of course.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  You like Jusik because he was written as a sympathetic character.  KT intended people to like him, which is why a lot of it is written from his point of view and justifies his actions to the reader.

I'd love to read a book from a loyal Jedi Master's point of view concerning Jusik.  I imagine he'd be portrayed in a different light than KT's narrative.

I know it's not really the same issue, but I have similar feelings toward Jusik as I do toward American soldiers, who volunteered for service to their country, and then deserted to hide in Canada to avoid doing their sworn duty.

People can try to rationalize and justify it to the n'th degree, but in the end I can't get over the idea of breaking a sworn oath and desertion in a time of war, when one is needed the most.  And they get lots of support from people here in Canada, just like Jusik get lots of support from RC readers.

:p

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 04:12:05 AM »
I'd love to read a book from a loyal Jedi Master's point of view concerning Jusik.  I imagine he'd be portrayed in a different light than KT's narrative.

I know it's not really the same issue, but I have similar feelings toward Jusik as I do toward American soldiers, who volunteered for service to their country, and then deserted to hide in Canada to avoid doing their sworn duty.

People can try to rationalize and justify it to the n'th degree, but in the end I can't get over the idea of breaking a sworn oath and desertion in a time of war, when one is needed the most.

Huh. Never thought about it that way. *intrigued head tilt* *why is there no smiley for that?*

Also, that WOULD be an interesting book...

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 11:04:06 AM »

People can try to rationalize and justify it to the n'th degree, but in the end I can't get over the idea of breaking a sworn oath and desertion in a time of war, when one is needed the most.  And they get lots of support from people here in Canada, just like Jusik get lots of support from RC readers.

I didn't think Jedi volunteered for anything most of the time they were brought into the academy as a baby?   

Honestly, he didn't quite desert as decided that the Jedi way was not for him.  He formally left didn't he, he didn't just up and leave without telling anyone.   

Also, didn't Kal adopt him and give him the armor?   

Though I think you would end up hating me, because I would do the same thing.    Swearing an oath to be a protector and peacekeeper of the galaxy, but at the same time be main reason for starting several wars over the millennia.    Then also pretty much enslaving a sentient beings who had no choice in the matter but to fight my war for me...
 But you are right,  you can't really justify leaving during a galactic war after swearing an oath.

just like Jusik get lots of support from RC readers.
Goshdangit I just proved you point.....  >.<   

Actually now i want to know what the actual Jedi Oath says?
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Laney97

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
I added Jusik.

And I thought he was ok because he saw the war from a decent Jedi's POV, even if he did kinda fail at being Mando (Letting Zet live, making a phsyco come with the clan to Mandalore, and a few pther points...)

But still... Jilka. Didn't see enough of her, and I didn't really like her that much.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
Actually now i want to know what the actual Jedi Oath says?

I know they have the whole "there is not xyz there is opposite of xyz" thing, but I don't know if that's the Oath per-say...DO they have one?

Laney97

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
I know they have the whole "there is not xyz there is opposite of xyz" thing, but I don't know if that's the Oath per-say...DO they have one?

I don't think they do.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »
Well, no WONDER people are all confused about what Jedi should and shouldn't be doing!!! They need an oath or vows or SOMEthing, dangit!!! Clear the air on all these issues!

Laney97

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
Well, no WONDER people are all confused about what Jedi should and shouldn't be doing!!!

Hence the endless sects such as the one that Djinn dude made. Jedi have had an unstable existence when you think about it.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »
Yea I mean we got a lot of Boss in RepCom the game, so we kind of understand what kind of Commando he is. The fact that he had friction with Omega didn't really factor into my opinion of him. I always felt like I knew his character.

You felt you got an idea of what kind of commando he is? I felt that it was intentionally ambiguous, so that the player could attribute their own thoughts/reactions/commentary and feel like they were actually part of the squad. Lots of different Bosses that way. And in the KT books, it seemed like she wasn't really trying to give him a distinct personality, or at least that's how I saw it. Which made him, to me, one of the weaker characters. The only aspect of his personality we do see, is him being a jerk to Niner.

Also, I do hate Etain more than Boss, but I decided I wouldn't vote for her, as enough other people would do that for me. Probably express their opinions more elegantly as well.

(Tur-Moron, lol.)

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
Hang on-They have this stupid little code I had to rember for KOTOR, I wrote it down it was so lame my brain wouldn't let it in. The sith code took me, like five seconds OUTSIDE of the game at school.
There is no emotion, there is peace
there is no ignorance there is knowlegde
no passion there is serintity(I'm getting lazy)
o choas, harmoney
No death, the Force

The old version just had 'yets' instead of ,'there is no___ there is___
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu