Poll

Who is your least favourite character from the RC books?

Kal Skirata
Walon Vau
Ordo
Mereel
Jaing
Kom'rk
Prudii
A'den
Besany Wennen
Jilka Zan Zentis
Jaller Obrim
Arligian Zey
Darman
Fi
Atin
Niner
Boss
Scorch
Sev
Fixer
Etain Tur-Mukan
Bardan Jusik
Ovolot Qail Uthan
Terror Cells (TZ)
Palpatine (One-line apperance)
Agent Lemmeloth
Mercs
Sicko
And a dozen unimportant others who won't get any votes for or against.
Enacca the Wookiee.

Author Topic: LEAST Favourite Character  (Read 40482 times)

Laney97

LEAST Favourite Character
« on: April 16, 2011, 02:56:53 PM »
I didn't see a topic/poll like this, so I made one. You see, most polls concentrate on your favourite, but I want to know your least favourite. I've also put up a lot of votees, but if you want any more, just ask. You can change your vote on this poll, if you want to join the dark side at anytime... :P

EDIT: I voted... Jilka. I've grown a better view on Etain since getting Triple Zero again.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
Re: LEAST Favourite Character
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »
Boss. We don't get enough any insight into his character and he just comes across as an all-around jerk in Triple Zero.

Laney97

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »
Boss. We don't get enough any insight into his character and he just comes across as an all-around jerk in Triple Zero.

Yeah. He had a stupid fight with Niner, didn't he.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »
Wow.....  My least favorite is whoever voted for Boss.

EDIT...  Rune rune rune.....   :ouch:

Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:03:21 AM »
Yea I mean we got a lot of Boss in RepCom the game, so we kind of understand what kind of Commando he is. The fact that he had friction with Omega didn't really factor into my opinion of him. I always felt like I knew his character.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 01:05:30 AM »
What?

No Bardan Jusik?

The guys a shabla traitor who failed at being a jedi and became a hippie mando-poser wannabe.

I spit on Jusik's stolen armour.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 01:07:06 AM »
Damn...harsh much? lol I thought everyone liked Jusik...

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:51 AM »
What?

No Bardan Jusik?

The guys a shabla traitor who failed at being a jedi and became a hippie mando-poser wannabe.

I spit on Jusik's stolen armour.

Lol, not a Jusik fan, eh Dred? :P

I liked Jusik. He followed what his heart told him was right instead of going along with a bunch of biggots. But that's just my opinion, not trying to start anything.

However, my personal LEAST favorite is, and will always be, Etain Tur-Moron.  I won't even start on her, I'll just leave it at I loath her deeply.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 01:46:35 AM »
I liked Jusik. He followed what his heart told him was right instead of going along with a bunch of biggots. But that's just my opinion, not trying to start anything.

Completely agree.

Etain Tur-Moron

LOL'd at this.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 02:26:25 AM »

Etain failed harder at being a Jedi, but in a way I see your point. I never really cared one way or another about Jusik. He gets a few points in my mind for at least having the guts to DO something about his dislike of the Jedi (versus the aforementioned Tur-Moron, to borrow Commander Ordo's phrase, who just whined about it a little). Oh, and for helping Fi. But again, I'm ambivalent towards him. He just...is.

Three guesses as to who my least favorite is. *cough*
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

dredwulf60

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 04:02:31 AM »
Lol, not a Jusik fan, eh Dred? :P

Nope.  You should see me when I really talk about how I feel about that character!  lol.

But that's just my opinion, not trying to start anything.

Of course.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  You like Jusik because he was written as a sympathetic character.  KT intended people to like him, which is why a lot of it is written from his point of view and justifies his actions to the reader.

I'd love to read a book from a loyal Jedi Master's point of view concerning Jusik.  I imagine he'd be portrayed in a different light than KT's narrative.

I know it's not really the same issue, but I have similar feelings toward Jusik as I do toward American soldiers, who volunteered for service to their country, and then deserted to hide in Canada to avoid doing their sworn duty.

People can try to rationalize and justify it to the n'th degree, but in the end I can't get over the idea of breaking a sworn oath and desertion in a time of war, when one is needed the most.  And they get lots of support from people here in Canada, just like Jusik get lots of support from RC readers.

:p

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 04:12:05 AM »
I'd love to read a book from a loyal Jedi Master's point of view concerning Jusik.  I imagine he'd be portrayed in a different light than KT's narrative.

I know it's not really the same issue, but I have similar feelings toward Jusik as I do toward American soldiers, who volunteered for service to their country, and then deserted to hide in Canada to avoid doing their sworn duty.

People can try to rationalize and justify it to the n'th degree, but in the end I can't get over the idea of breaking a sworn oath and desertion in a time of war, when one is needed the most.

Huh. Never thought about it that way. *intrigued head tilt* *why is there no smiley for that?*

Also, that WOULD be an interesting book...

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 11:04:06 AM »

People can try to rationalize and justify it to the n'th degree, but in the end I can't get over the idea of breaking a sworn oath and desertion in a time of war, when one is needed the most.  And they get lots of support from people here in Canada, just like Jusik get lots of support from RC readers.

I didn't think Jedi volunteered for anything most of the time they were brought into the academy as a baby?   

Honestly, he didn't quite desert as decided that the Jedi way was not for him.  He formally left didn't he, he didn't just up and leave without telling anyone.   

Also, didn't Kal adopt him and give him the armor?   

Though I think you would end up hating me, because I would do the same thing.    Swearing an oath to be a protector and peacekeeper of the galaxy, but at the same time be main reason for starting several wars over the millennia.    Then also pretty much enslaving a sentient beings who had no choice in the matter but to fight my war for me...
 But you are right,  you can't really justify leaving during a galactic war after swearing an oath.

just like Jusik get lots of support from RC readers.
Goshdangit I just proved you point.....  >.<   

Actually now i want to know what the actual Jedi Oath says?
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Laney97

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
I added Jusik.

And I thought he was ok because he saw the war from a decent Jedi's POV, even if he did kinda fail at being Mando (Letting Zet live, making a phsyco come with the clan to Mandalore, and a few pther points...)

But still... Jilka. Didn't see enough of her, and I didn't really like her that much.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
Actually now i want to know what the actual Jedi Oath says?

I know they have the whole "there is not xyz there is opposite of xyz" thing, but I don't know if that's the Oath per-say...DO they have one?

Laney97

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
I know they have the whole "there is not xyz there is opposite of xyz" thing, but I don't know if that's the Oath per-say...DO they have one?

I don't think they do.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »
Well, no WONDER people are all confused about what Jedi should and shouldn't be doing!!! They need an oath or vows or SOMEthing, dangit!!! Clear the air on all these issues!

Laney97

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
Well, no WONDER people are all confused about what Jedi should and shouldn't be doing!!!

Hence the endless sects such as the one that Djinn dude made. Jedi have had an unstable existence when you think about it.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »
Yea I mean we got a lot of Boss in RepCom the game, so we kind of understand what kind of Commando he is. The fact that he had friction with Omega didn't really factor into my opinion of him. I always felt like I knew his character.

You felt you got an idea of what kind of commando he is? I felt that it was intentionally ambiguous, so that the player could attribute their own thoughts/reactions/commentary and feel like they were actually part of the squad. Lots of different Bosses that way. And in the KT books, it seemed like she wasn't really trying to give him a distinct personality, or at least that's how I saw it. Which made him, to me, one of the weaker characters. The only aspect of his personality we do see, is him being a jerk to Niner.

Also, I do hate Etain more than Boss, but I decided I wouldn't vote for her, as enough other people would do that for me. Probably express their opinions more elegantly as well.

(Tur-Moron, lol.)

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
Hang on-They have this stupid little code I had to rember for KOTOR, I wrote it down it was so lame my brain wouldn't let it in. The sith code took me, like five seconds OUTSIDE of the game at school.
There is no emotion, there is peace
there is no ignorance there is knowlegde
no passion there is serintity(I'm getting lazy)
o choas, harmoney
No death, the Force

The old version just had 'yets' instead of ,'there is no___ there is___
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »
You felt you got an idea of what kind of commando he is? I felt that it was intentionally ambiguous, so that the player could attribute their own thoughts/reactions/commentary and feel like they were actually part of the squad. Lots of different Bosses that way. And in the KT books, it seemed like she wasn't really trying to give him a distinct personality, or at least that's how I saw it. Which made him, to me, one of the weaker characters. The only aspect of his personality we do see, is him being a jerk to Niner.

Yes he is that way just like every other fps/rpg character so that players can project themselves onto him, but he also has certain lines of dialogue all throughout the game that gave him some personality. I also think that this is the reason KT didn't give him much of a glaring personality. She didn't have much room to write with for Delta Squad, and she wrote Scorch, Fixer, and Sev well because they were clearly defined in the game. I don't think there was much freedom for her to develop Boss because he's the player character in the first place. Rather than make him one way or another, she just kept him toned down but not overly transparent, hence the fights with Niner.

dredwulf60

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 10:47:37 PM »
Well, no WONDER people are all confused about what Jedi should and shouldn't be doing!!! They need an oath or vows or SOMEthing, dangit!!! Clear the air on all these issues!

Sorry, I did not mean an oath as an over-arching reason for existence of the Jedi or their official mission statement. 

It was more of an Oath to defend the Republic during the war and thus serve as leaders in the Grand Army. While I don't recall seeing the actual written text of that oath per se, it is pretty explicitly understood that that was the arrangment.  Otherwise the Jedi could not hold the military commision as officers, let alone Generals.

You just don't cut from a military action because you personally have a crisis of conscience...

I'm willing to cut the clones some slack, and even Skirata because he's a bit shifty by nature to anyone not in his personal clan, but I cannot abide it in a Jedi. 

I'm just airing some reasoning for my pick.  I'm not looking to convert anyone over to Jusik hater crowd.

shadowxander

• Major
  • Te racin ka'ra juaan kote.
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »

Wookieepedia has a few things to say on the Jedi Code and its many iterations, interpretations, and implementations in their article here: Jedi Code.  The "Following the Code" section, especially, has some interesting specifics.
Kandosii sa kyr'am ast
Troan teroch jetiise a'den
Duraan vi at ara'nov
Vode an, ka'rta tor!

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »
Yes he is that way just like every other fps/rpg character so that players can project themselves onto him, but he also has certain lines of dialogue all throughout the game that gave him some personality. I also think that this is the reason KT didn't give him much of a glaring personality. She didn't have much room to write with for Delta Squad, and she wrote Scorch, Fixer, and Sev well because they were clearly defined in the game. I don't think there was much freedom for her to develop Boss because he's the player character in the first place. Rather than make him one way or another, she just kept him toned down but not overly transparent, hence the fights with Niner.

That's exactly what I'm saying. And this is about the books, not the game. I didn't like him in the books for the reasons I mentioned before, and the above.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 12:58:04 AM »
That's exactly what I'm saying. And this is about the books, not the game. I didn't like him in the books for the reasons I mentioned before, and the above.

Ah. So you like Boss in general, just not KT's interpretation? I just have my own interpretation of Boss that formed while playing the game and I guess I pushed it onto the book Boss as well, which is why I didn't mind him in the text, if that makes sense.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much it. In the game, he was left as a pretty blank slate, with a few humorous quips and Bondian one-liners, but in the book, the only personality he displayed was animosity toward someone who experienced a loss he couldn't comprehend. Smooth move, Boss.

Anyway, I've said my piece, and you know that I still like Boss (especially when compared to Etain), so I'll stop trying to get the last word now. ;)

Laney97

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 11:17:25 AM »
If I knew that the Code and an oath are... forget it.

Anyway, Rune, Tur-Moron, LMAO

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 12:44:17 PM »
hippie mando-poser wannabe. – That’s pretty funny.

However, I disagree that he’s a traitor to the Jedi and or the Republic.

First and foremost, he is a civilian. The argument can be made that he never swore an oath to either the Jedi Order or the Republic.
He was essentially kidnapped as a toddler and indoctrinated into a group of mystics who attempted to control all its members’ thoughts words and deeds.
[e.g. Beware of attachment… it leads to the dark side; Beware of Anger… it leads to the dark side; Beware of Cheeze-Whiz…  It has high levels of corn-sugar; (And it leads to the dark side).]
And at no time, that I’m aware of, did he ever swear allegiance to anyone (other than maybe Kal). And, at no time did he ever betray his allegiance to anyone.

IMO, No Jedi, anywhere in the Order, actually merited the rank of General. And Jusik, I believe, never even attained the rank. [I think he was Zey’s padawn / CDMR; before he quit]

As you say, it’s no accident that people like Jusik; (i.e. it is by KT’s design).
But nonetheless, Jusik saw the Order as flawed and hypocritical; and, he couldn’t abide his participation in it any longer. He didn’t desert, he didn’t defect. He took the high road; and voiced his reservations to his superiors, and resigned his commission. If Yoda and his force-using, feel-good, phonies had a beef with him leaving; they could’ve passed sentence saber-style, or have just locked him up in the Arla Fett memorial wing of the Coruscant crazy house.

I have similar feelings toward Jusik as I do toward American soldiers, who volunteered for service to their country, and then deserted to hide in Canada to avoid doing their sworn duty ... but in the end I can't get over the idea of breaking a sworn oath and desertion in a time of war, when one is needed the most.

I wholeheartedly agree; Douche bags who think they can obtain the benefits of military service when it suits them; and then forsake that service when actually called to task are, IMO, traitorous scum. As you say, an oath was sworn and a contract was signed; just because someone may claim some objections due to conscience; or, worse yet… actually desert to foreign country is inexcusable and IMO warrants a lengthy sentence of penal-servitude, (at a minimum).

I will say, though; I never actually heard of American military personnel deserting to Canada to avoid service.
I am aware of the so-called “draft dodgers” who avoid the selective service duty, (i.e. the draft), by escaping to Canada or some other foreign land. To me, this is different than the scenario above.  These people are civilians who out of either cowardice or conscience decide not to answer the call. – Yes, they are breaking the law. But, to me at least; it is a lot less egregious than military personnel deserting their county in her time of need.

I'm willing to cut the clones some slack, and even Skirata because he's a bit shifty by nature to anyone not in his personal clan,
Forgive me; but that is wholly duplicitous.
Kal gets a pass?   Because, of his shifty nature?
A contracted instructor who later goes own to be a Sgt. of the GAR uses his position and influence to not only steal vast sums of wealth; but also commit countless acts of sedition; while amassing a cadre of the Republic’s finest troops, loyal only to himself, with sole purpose of deserting their brothers, the GAR, and the entire Republic that they have sworn to protect
 He is biggest traitor since JUDAS ISCARIOTE.

[Don’t get wrong, I do love Kal Skirata; but the guy is a traitorous hypocrite – no two ways about it]

Anyways…
As far as least favorite character; in general; I’d say Dr. Uthan – something about scientists in ivory towers willing to commit genocide; just to get a few more letters of distinction to add to their names tend to bug me.

From that list; I’m going with A’den or Atin (whoever did not have the fight w/ Vau). And, the only reason is that I cannot remember a single thing about the character that took place in any of the books; (other than being listed in the dramatis personae).

"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »
Actually, Jusik was a General.

And to respond to your list of crimes committed by Kal and Co., you must remember that none of them ever swore an oath either. The Clones were born into it and literally given no choice in the matter. They hired Kal to keep the Nulls under control. You can't say that they did all this to the Republic they all swore to protect, and planned to desert it, because they didn't swear anything. They swore that they would protect their family.

Family, especially in Mandalorian culture, comes before Country.

Anyway, Rune, Tur-Moron, LMAO

You're welcome for that  :P

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 03:19:39 PM »
Kal is a traitor is a traitor to the GAR and the Republic.
Just because we have not seen a Loyalty Oath does not make it unreasonable to assume there was not one. [All militarys / gov'ts / even corpoartions have these]

The clones are definitely a unique group; because of the "conscripted service". (And do, I tried not to include them in my condemation of Kal).
But, even given the fact that they are essentially a slave army; the argument can still be made that they too are traitors.
(Since day one; the have literally been bred to be members of a fighting force loyal to whomever they were sold. Kal's Nulls and RCs failed to perform to up to that spec. - they were Kamino clones first; and Mandos second)

But, like I said; I'm still cutting them some slack; since none of them ever really had a choice in the matter of joining the GAR.
And besides, Yoda or Palps could probably just get a refund for the defectors

Laney97

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 04:07:04 PM »
I added Uthan.

dredwulf60

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 04:22:27 AM »
hippie mando-poser wannabe. – That’s pretty funny.

However, I disagree that he’s a traitor to the Jedi and or the Republic.

First and foremost, he is a civilian. The argument can be made that he never swore an oath to either the Jedi Order or the Republic.

Nope.  He was not a civilian.  He was a General.  He might have started as a civilian...most military people do...clones excepted of course.  Bringing service to the Jedi order down to

essentially kidnapped as a toddler and indoctrinated into a group of mystics who attempted to control all its members’ thoughts words and deeds.

is highly contrary to the fundamental spirit of what the Star Wars Jedi are.  The same ciritcism should be directed to the Mandalorians.  Did you miss the parts where kids under 10 are forced into exhausting forced marches and endurance runs as part of their cultural upbringing?

Jusik was raised by the Jedi order, as were all of the Jedi of the time, but he had to choose to BE a jedi.  He had to take tests to PROVE he was capable of it.  It was never described anywhere as an easy task to attain the rank of Jedi Knight.  He could have left the temple at any time prior to taking the tests I imagine.  So even if no oath was sworn 'off camera', we know that he willingly devoted his life to the Jedi Order, and that Jedi, by definition are not weak-minded, for fear of the dark side alone.  When he became a Jedi he was identifying as a part of that group.  While leaving at a time when Jedi were serving, fighting and dying...at a time when there just weren't enough to do all the jobs that needed doing...while it may not have been criminal, it was not the right thing to do.  Just as it wouldn't be the 'right' thing to do to leave your sports team in the middle of the playoffs, for example.  Not criminal...not illegal...just a rotten thing to do to your teammates.

It is often said that in war, soldiers don't fight for their cause or their country, but for the men in their unit...their brothers on their left and their right.  Well ole Bardan Jusik just took a big dump on the Jedi who were his family for the majority of his life, to take up with a shifty rogue, Skirata, because he found someone who was an anti-hero...Bardan became Kal's groupie.  End of story as far as I'm concerned.  :D

If Yoda and his force-using, feel-good, phonies had a beef with him leaving; they could’ve passed sentence saber-style, or have just locked him up in the Arla Fett memorial wing of the Coruscant crazy house.

Yeah, but I imagine Yoda knew what I knew by that time.  Jusik was a quitter, and it was better to have him gone than to keep him around by that point. You don't want a quitter watching your back when the osik hits the fan.  The reference I made to guys fleeing the service to another country...as I said..not an exact match...but i used it because it makes me 'feel' the same.

I will say, though; I never actually heard of American military personnel deserting to Canada to avoid service.

google it brother.  I bet we have enough up here to field a full unit by now.
Forgive me; but that is wholly duplicitous.
Kal gets a pass?   Because, of his shifty nature?

Not a 'pass' so much as I'm willing to cut some slack. Here's why:

Kal is a Mandalorian.  The Jedi Order and the Republic has GOT to know what that means.  You hold a snake close to your neck and you have to expect to get bit.  You don't leave the fox to guard the hen house.  Whoever hired Kal for that job was asleep at the tractor beam.  I highly doubt it would have happened except that KT wanted Kal in the book.  And once it's written, no one shall undo.  Illogical things like this is why I'm kinda glad KT is no longer in charge of anything canon.

Anyways...please don't anyone think for a second i'm getting worked up over any of this.  I have a grin on my face.  I'm just trying to explain why I hate the character of Jusik.  I still enjoyed the books...even when they don't make sense.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:27:28 AM by dredwulf60 »

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »
Bringing service to the Jedi order down to
essentially kidnapped as a toddler and indoctrinated into a group of mystics who attempted to control all its members’ thoughts words and deeds.
is highly contrary to the fundamental spirit of what the Star Wars Jedi are.  The same ciritcism should be directed to the Mandalorians.  Did you miss the parts where kids under 10 are forced into exhausting forced marches and endurance runs as part of their cultural upbringing?

THANK YOU. Second this wholeheartedly. You can't really criticize them for all that Kal...and it's not kidnapping. They get permission from the parents. The parents can say "no" if they want. That always bugged me in the KT books. :/ IT IS NOT KIDNAPPING, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE.

Yeah, but I imagine Yoda knew what I knew by that time.  Jusik was a quitter, and it was better to have him gone than to keep him around by that point.

Yeah, I can't picture Yoda caring either. They'd just be like, "Oh, whatever, now we have a war to run..."

Just to throw this out there, even though it's off topic, HERE'S HOW SCREECH FEELS:

1. I never really cared one way or the other about Juisk leaving or not leaving because, again, I never really cared about him. I was just glad that SOMEone was doing SOMEthing about their displeasure with the Order instead of just whining about it. *cough*TurMoron*cough*

2. Clones are a special case as far as desertion goes. In a way, I understand and am less critical of the action for obvious reaons, but, as Dred put it
It is often said that in war, soldiers don't fight for their cause or their country, but for the men in their unit...their brothers on their left and their right.
so I don't see WHY many would desert. Well, at least during the Clone Wars...jumping ship after the Empire takes over = whole new can of worms...

3. Kal is...Kal. Again, another character I don't really care about all that much, although I'm not quite sure I get why he hates Jedi so much. I COULD tell you how I feel about Jedi, but that'd be even FURTHER off-topic than these bullet points, so I'm just going to end it now before I start ranting again...

Laney97

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 08:55:48 AM »
THANK YOU. Second this wholeheartedly. You can't really criticize them for all that Kal...and it's not kidnapping. They get permission from the parents. The parents can say "no" if they want. That always bugged me in the KT books. :/ IT IS NOT KIDNAPPING, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE.

Yeah. It is NOT kidnapping. The Jedi Order would/should be shut down if that was the case.

And the parents can say no... this is non-canon but watch this clip and go to 9:00.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blkx6axytKQ&feature=related

I LOL to hard at these reviews.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »
That was pretty funny, the guy's voice is great.

Laney97

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
That was pretty funny, the guy's voice is great.

You should see what he says about the plot and George Lucas.

And his voice is the best for funny reviews... even if it is all true.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 07:52:58 AM »
please don't anyone think for a second i'm getting worked up over any of this.  I have a grin on my face.

I think I have a bigger grin from reading it.

You make some very valid points, Dred; which much to my angst, I can't dispute.

I especially agree that no matter how ill-content, or confused, he was; he pretty much abandoned his family and duty to go "find himself"

I also liked you rationale for Yoda not wanting to keep around a quitter.

I guess my whole defense of Jusik was based in the idea that he never asked for any of that (the Order, the Rank, being in Command).
But, I realize it kind of falls apart, given the choices he made.
(Just because he never asked for it; doesn't excuse him from the facing and owning the responsibility he had).
[It's like what William Munny once said to Little Bill, i.e. "Deserve has got nothing to it."]

google it brother.  I bet we have enough up here to field a full unit by now.
I'm still kind of shocked and definitely bothered by this.

I also have to admit that I never thought too much about the Mando adoption practices, before.
I always thought it was adopting poor war-orphans that would surely die if left unaided.
But, I guess if you’re the one who just made that kid an orphan…. Well…

I bet it also raises a few eyebrows at social services when those adopted children are put through the rigorous physical trials (designed to effectively weed out the weak and infirm).

Its beginning to sound like a page from Conan the Barbarian’s book

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 09:17:21 AM »
Its beginning to sound like a page from Conan the Barbarian’s book

And now I'm trying to decide if a corny action movie with Ahnold as a Mandalorian would be the best thing ever or the worst thing ever. I'm going to guess "best".

GET TO DAH CHOPPAH LARTEH!

dredwulf60

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »
And now I'm trying to decide if a corny action movie with Ahnold as a Mandalorian would be the best thing ever or the worst thing ever. I'm going to guess "best".

LOL.  'CONAN the MANDALORIAN'

"Conan, what is best in life?"

"Blast your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the Aruetiise!"

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »

Aw, osik. Now I'm getting random fanfic ideas.

Laney97

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »
Aw, osik. Now I'm getting random fanfic ideas.

Your telling me...

And I like the way this has become a random thread, but I aint going to scream like hell. The off-topicness is funny.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »
Shh. Why do you always bring that up? Now the mods will come.

dredwulf60

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 06:14:26 PM »
Shh. Why do you always bring that up? Now the mods will come.

One is already here.  So.  Back to the topic.  Anyone want to explain why they don't like Jilka Zan Zentis?  Or Besany?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »
I was wondering that as well. I thought Besany was a great, and very interesting, character to read about. I loved her akward romance with Ordo. and I loved it when she became like the Alpha-female around Kal's clan because she was married to Ordo, who besides Kal, was Alpha male.

And she was a smart female (*gasp*), not a complete idiot like Etain.

Find an excuse to win.

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »

And she was a smart female (*gasp*)
Just what is that supposed to mean?
Jilka, she was thrown in there like a last ditch effort to make Corr have a story or something.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 10:18:42 PM »
Jilka might have been more interesting if we'd had another book. As it is: "Greetings! I'm an unimportant character who seems capable only of whining about how people screwed up my life by saving me from torture and execution. Empathize with me!"

Laney97

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 10:30:46 AM »
Sorry, Rune. Too bad I cant control my own thread...

And Besany was cool. I enjoyed the way she met with the clan, her awkward yet strong bond with Ordo, and her undercover (Could you call it that?) work for the clan.

I hate Jilka for the same reason as Rune.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
I liked Besany a lot.  Pretty much for all the reasons Ordo (our Ordo, not the character) mentioned.

As for Jilka, I don't hate her, but I don't really feel anything for her at all.  I actually couldn't remember who she was for a minute, she left that little of an impact on me.  Her whole existence seems like a plot arc that got the axe when ImpCom2 was cancelled.  I feel like she might've had more to do in the future, and been more interesting, if things went on a little longer.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »
As for Jilka, I don't hate her, but I don't really feel anything for her at all.  I actually couldn't remember who she was for a minute, she left that little of an impact on me.  Her whole existence seems like a plot arc that got the axe when ImpCom2 was cancelled.  I feel like she might've had more to do in the future, and been more interesting, if things went on a little longer.
Second this.  She made a few appearances, but it wasn't enough to get a real sense of her.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2011, 10:27:26 AM »
Wasn't Jilka getting all romantic with one of the clones too? I can't remember exactly

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »
She seemed to be warming up a bit to Corr by the end of the novel.

Laney97

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 08:32:01 AM »
She was getting close to Corr about midway through the novel, and then you could say it is official when Kal is talking to Vau/Gilimar (I forgot which) about it.

Laney97

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 02:58:08 PM »
UPDATE: I'm going to add the terror group from TZ to the list, aswell as Palps (He was innit for one sentence, so it is technically eligible to be put up).

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 07:20:11 PM »
Palpatine. I hate him no matter what. Stinkin' Sith-disguised-as-Senator-and-later-Chancellor!

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »
I've drawn a memory blank here.  Which book was Palpatine in?  What was his line?

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2011, 11:56:31 PM »
Well, I started reading all that everyone had said about who they hate but I gave up. TL;DR

I voted for Darman. Sorry all you Clone lovers. I like Clones as friends, but Darman is second only to Etain and I figure everyone hates her anyway. Darman just was always too whiney IMO. Sorry ya'll.

Laney97

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2011, 11:43:19 AM »
I've drawn a memory blank here.  Which book was Palpatine in?  What was his line?

He was in Order 66. His line was, "Execute Order sixty-six." It was a message to Ordo and all other ARC's and clones.

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »
He was in Order 66. His line was, "Execute Order sixty-six." It was a message to Ordo and all other ARC's and clones.

Ah, thanks, its been a while since I read that book.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
I really don't think he should be in the poll.

Laney97

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »

My poll.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »
My poll.

True.

My opinion.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2011, 10:02:15 PM »
We should put in that random agent who follows Besany home. He had more time in the book than Palpsy.

RC-1191

• Captain
  • Ba'slan shev'la
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2011, 12:02:56 AM »
Yea or those mercs they killed...you know, in every book.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2011, 02:04:35 AM »
Let's put in that Rodian who sold Skirata the submersible.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2011, 09:35:08 AM »
And that Leb Chura guy who flew in the supplies.
And Cebz.
And the bartender from the oyu'baat.
And the clone pilot from 'Odds'.
And the faleen from TZ.
And a dozen unimportant others who won't get any votes for or against.

Laney97

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »
Yup. I'll add them when I want to.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
-headdesk-

Laney97

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 01:43:03 PM »
-headdesk-

Hey, I added the ones you wanted. Especially the last one.

[spoiler]P.S. This is my first quick reply. lol[/spoiler]

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2011, 02:19:12 AM »
What about their wookie friend who takes care of clean up and hideouts...

Laney97

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2011, 01:15:10 PM »
What about their wookie friend who takes care of clean up and hideouts...

Ennacca... Okay, fine. You guys win...

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2011, 08:32:26 PM »
We're just getting started!! MwahaLOL

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2011, 03:20:46 AM »
One "N", two "C"s.  And who could hate Enacca?  I mean, seriously... lolz
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Laney97

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »
One "N", two "C"s

At least I spelled it right on the poll...

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
One "N", two "C"s.  And who could hate Enacca?  I mean, seriously... lolz
Playa haterz

Laney97

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2011, 01:40:07 PM »
[spoiler]You really want to see whats next?[spoiler]Really?[spoiler]Okay, one more![spoiler]No seriously, last one[spoiler]Anything else anyone wants as a votee?[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Null-4 Kolburn Skirata

• Lieutenant
  • "ARCs were not team players."
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2011, 06:35:12 AM »
WHAT? I was thinking that people like Ordo best.
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!- "Don't mess with Mandos, mate!" (lit: "Don't wave your saber at Mandalorians, mate!:)

Laney97

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2011, 08:01:33 AM »
Who could hate Ordo?

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2011, 11:54:09 AM »
WHAT? I was thinking that people like Ordo best.

This is LEAST favorite character.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »
Who could hate Ordo?
I COULD, but I don't.