Author Topic: ARC Trooper discussion  (Read 55813 times)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
ARC Trooper discussion
« on: April 24, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »
Let's talk about ARC Troopers! First, a bit of trivia: according to Wookieepedia, Hasbro created the design for the ARC Troopers. Something interesting. I guess we can thank the boys at Hasbro for characters like Fordo, the Nulls, and Alpha.

So, what's your favorite ARC Trooper? What did you think when you first saw them? Discuss all things ARC Troopers, Alphas and Nulls, here!

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
Re: ARC Trooper discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:47:54 AM »
I like them all. I prefer the look of the Alpha ARC's in Republic #50.
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:27:44 AM »
I loved the ARCs in the clone wars cartoon animated series.  Sharp hand signals and deadly precision.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:41:44 AM »
I agree the first series had the ARCs being pretty badshebs. In this one they seem to be just plain bad.

Least favorite (through no fault of his own) is probably Colt. "Hi! I'm an ARC tr--hurk!"

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 10:25:24 AM »
Definitely loved the ARCs from the first series.  It was one of those incidences where actions spoke louder than the few lines they were given, and it worked really well.  I must have watched and re-watched the three second larty scene a hundred times.  I also liked the cartoon look of them, fairly simple, yet absolutely awesome.

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
To build upon what I said, I loved the way the armor looked in the original Alpha ARC's in the comic. Other than having a pauldron and kama, you could see visible differences in their experimental armor, RF's etc. Plus, the introduced of the Westar M-5 blaster was really cool.

I really dig the way the ARC's look in TCW as well. Again, you see a visibally different armor and set up. Now, it's dissappointing to see how easily they all came down in the Battle of Kamino, especially since they've been built up to near Godly status in the EU. But, they still looked awesome.
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »
Comic-style pauldron

Cartoon-style pauldron

New "Phase 1.5" pauldron

Null ARC pauldron

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »
The Null ARCs are my favorite characters in the RC books, and possibly in the SW Galaxy as a whole.

The Alpha's are definitely my favorite Clone variant, besides the Nulls. I agree with Dred about the Comic book style, they looked amazing, and the Westar M5 rocks.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »
Yeah, I love the M5.

EDIT:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:51:28 PM by ARC_Commander_Colt »

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »
I've always found the comic style of the Alpha ARCs to be really cool.  The sheer detail and bulk just makes any ARC presence into a piece of awesomeness, sometimes outweighing the panel itself.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »

This really puts the sheer size and power of the ARCs into perspective.

And remember, the Nulls were even slightly bigger because of the gene modification.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »
WOW. The Nulls must be beasts. :shock:

Laney97

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 01:49:59 PM »
If I can say something... ARC's could probably be called the best trooper ever in any fictional universe. No matter wether it is an Alpha ARC or a Null, they are so epic I have way too many toy versions of them... And I didn't even know what they were then!

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »
Lol...I remember when I was but a youngster...seven or eight at the most...sitting at the computer watching the ARCs doing their thing when those episodes first aired (I always watched them online) and wanting a toy of them so badly...now I have a few. Not many but a few. And when that new Fordo comes out, I'll have another!

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 09:48:50 PM »
Here are the other ARCs from the Battle of Kamino - Colt and the one who was lucky enough to survive. I couldn't find an image of the other survivor - the red one with dots on his helmet. But if I do, I'll post it.

And Mr. Awesome himself:

Laney97

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 01:28:05 PM »
Check out the gun...

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »
Yes, I believe Mereel used that on Triple Zero. More ARC pics!

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »
I made a wallpaper for the Null ARCs using screenies from the old animated show. I'll see if it's on Jaig's computer. Mine got wiped out a year or so ago.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »
Be sure to do that, Rune. 8)

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 06:59:06 PM »
Nice!  Where's the second pic from the top from?  And...hey, its my profile pic! :)