Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season IV  (Read 102760 times)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
The Clone Wars - Season IV
« on: April 25, 2011, 08:50:20 PM »
Since no one else started it, I figured I might as well. So I was reading on Rebelscum forums about the scene with Rex and the others descending in that elevator in the trailer and apparently:

[spoiler]Palpatine is the one awaiting them and there's a rumor that he may be "programming" the clones for Order 66. Which, apparently, is what Lucas is using to explain the line "...the time has come..." on ROTS. Take this with a grain of salt, as it may be false, but if so, Rex's chances of disobeying Order 66 are looking slim. [/spoiler]

Just Lucas messin' with some more Traviss EU canon. Bleh. :-(

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
Re: The Clone Wars - Season IV
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:02:57 PM »
Rumors and speculation most likely. Could be true, but no way to know for sure.

Unless the actual topic and post can prove otherwise. Can it?

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 09:04:14 PM »
No, it's just speculation at the time. However, at Celebration V, someone asked Lucas about Order 66, and he said we'll se something about 'clone programming' or something in S4. However, he could just mean discussing the Orders. (he said hopefully)

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Laney97

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »
I hope it isn't "programmed" into the clones because then no Jedi would have survived and some *COUGH*Traviss*COUGH* EU canon will be overwriten... again.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
This was inevitable, and I'm surprised GL hasn't moved in on this area of Clone-cannon sooner.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out this way, though. Even if it does, it won't bother me to much. I know what the original cannon is, and that's what I'm sticking with.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 02:18:28 PM »
True enough. I now (meaning after GL's "screw you" attitude in TCW) consider myself a Karen Traviss fan. Not a SW fan.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 02:18:43 PM »
Well, it's possible that what George was talking about was clone rookies on Kamino having the Orders burned into their minds, like the flash-training or whatever...

EDIT: Oh, and I rewatched the trailer, and that is definitely not Palpatine watching Rex and the clones descend. Looks more like the Besalisk Jedi with the double-bladed lightsabers, but not even really much like him. Again, take the rumor as a grain of salt...I am. And Rune, although I am a fan of all Star Wars, not just Traviss's work, she does the best clone stuff.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:27:09 PM by ARC_Commander_Colt »

Laney97

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
And Rune, although I am a fan of all Star Wars, not just Traviss's work, she does the best clone stuff.

That's what has made her popular among the clone-loving fans. For me, she makes them more than droids, writes in a style that is good, and has made a good series of books on the RC's and a brief time on TCW.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »
Right. She does a similar job to what the Clone Wars does - makes them people. Like Rex, or Cody. However, if this programming thing is true...Clone Wars will be kinda ruined for me. Hopefully it's not true.

Jaig

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
Yeah, I agree. Ever since I read it for the first time in Triple Zero, I've been finding the truth of it everywhere I go. You can't program people. You can train them, and that often creates the same effect, but you can't program people.

Laney97

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 01:26:31 PM »
Yeah, I agree. Ever since I read it for the first time in Triple Zero, I've been finding the truth of it everywhere I go. You can't program people. You can train them, and that often creates the same effect, but you can't program people.

That was also mentioned in O66.

And TCW would be ruined, for obvious reasons:

1. They will not be people anymore (Clones) and will be like droids if they are programmed.
2. GL will be using his power to much - again
3. I'll go on living with the knowledge that one of my fav, if not my favourite, series of SW works gets overwritten - again.

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »
It seems a bit contradicting for the CW crew to have the clones be programmed after they tried to individualize them in the show (ie tats, desertion, traitor).  I try to block it out whenever canon is changed or overwritten.  I'll just sit here...in my little fanon world...

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:26 AM »
I'll just sit here...in my little fanon world...

Don't worry, you'll have lots of company from this site.

Laney97

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »
Lots of company... like me. I  :heart: fanon.

Phi, alot of TCW doesn't make sense, because we seem to be jumping time frames with no dates being said to us. But I do agree it would be a contradiction which is also what made some parts of the prequels poor. They were ruined by there own internal contradictions...

Anyway, I'll watch this series and see if I finally grow out of it. Each time I say "Thats it. That's my last episode.", I remember Season I, which was the best one for me.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 12:17:10 AM »
I hope we find out more about Slick this season...if he's been rotting in a Republic cell this long, chances are he won't escape, but at least a passing mention (like a clone saying something about him in disgust) would be good, if it gives us info about how he is.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »
I hope we find out more about Slick this season...if he's been rotting in a Republic cell this long, chances are he won't escape, but at least a passing mention (like a clone saying something about him in disgust) would be good, if it gives us info about how he is.

If this weren't "Let's keep this war rated G. You know, for the kids." Lucas, I would have bet money on him simply "disappearing." As it stands... no idea.

Laney97

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 01:10:56 PM »
Slick? He's the one who was a leak to the Seps, right?

If so, it wouldn't surprise me. None of the time frames make sense. So if he was mentioned or seen, it could be at any time for no reason that dosn't make alot of sense. I want a timeline.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 12:04:06 AM »
I hope we find out more about Slick this season...
Dude...seriously?  Slick's dead.  I guarantee we're never gonna hear about it on the show, but let's be honest, he got a blaster shot to the head.  If you were a deserter and they caught you...they killed you.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 09:17:25 AM »
Dude...seriously?  Slick's dead.  I guarantee we're never gonna hear about it on the show, but let's be honest, he got a blaster shot to the head.  If you were a deserter and they caught you...they killed you.

That's what I meant, but with Flannel Man up top, you never know. He could be busted out of jail by returning evil plot points or used by the republic as a spy after they let him "escape" or something else ridiculous.

Laney97

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 12:55:54 PM »
Ah, Slick is the deserter who had those weird babies. Nope, I don't think he'll be around. But it is aimed at kids (Like the prequels, even though that is a dodgey claim) so a blaster to the head... Not very kid like.