Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season IV  (Read 96874 times)

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
Re: The Clone Wars - Season IV
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 12:57:29 PM »
Ah, Slick is the deserter who had those weird babies. Nope, I don't think he'll be around. But it is aimed at kids (Like the prequels, even though that is a dodgey claim) so a blaster to the head... Not very kid like.

No, Slick is the traitor who gave information to Ventress. The farmer guy was someone else.

Laney97

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 12:59:27 PM »
I WAS RIGHT FIRST TIME!

God, i'm unhappy now.  :(

Yeah, he could re-appear, but I doubt it a little.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 10:09:38 PM »
Yeah, I figure Slick got a good 'un, but still, a statement about him would be kinda neat. Nah, Cut ain't dead, Rex didn't turn him in, remember?

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Laney97

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »
Very true. But it will be awkward to try and put him in there.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »
In my opinion, maybe Slick's old squad will appear again (Chopper, Gus, Sketch, Jester, Punch), and be asked about him. They'll reply that he got a bolt through the head, though in a slightly nicer manner, for the kids, of course. Cut Lawquane should never appear again unless Rex abanons the Republic and goes to live with Cut.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 01:53:41 AM »
Cut Lawquane should never appear again unless Rex abandons the Republic and goes to live with Cut.
The only decent plot I can think of to bring Cut back is that Republic Intel tracked him to Saleucami and send a squad to try to execute him like they did Sull.  Cut and his family either have to fight them off, or run...that kinda thing.  But that'd be a pretty clone/Cut-centric episode, and they couldn't shove Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Ahsoka in there without them going "WTF, Palpy authorizes this?!"...so I don't see it happening. -__-
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
Yeah, they should just leave Cut in his happy little world. With half-Twi'lek children. :upsidedown:

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 12:25:53 PM »
With half-Twi'lek children. :upsidedown:

*cough*notcompatiblebiologicallyandallthat*cough*

Laney97

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
*cough*notcompatiblebiologicallyandallthat*cough*

Our nice friend George has made it possible. We have to deal with the pig crap he shoves at us and be happy about him changing it as he pleases.

Well done George! You win the "douche of overwriting stuff"  award AGAIN!

Sorry. Alot of built up anger with GL has to be put somewhere.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
Maybe this means if an ImpCom 2 comes along, Laseema and Atin can have kids? (Sorry, off topic)

Anyway, Season 4! Looks awesome. Fives talking about the war ending. Maybe after his last buddy died, he had enough of it and decided when the war ends, he's out of there? One can only hope...

Jaig

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 05:59:45 PM »
The only decent plot I can think of to bring Cut back is that Republic Intel tracked him to Saleucami and send a squad to try to execute him like they did Sull.  Cut and his family either have to fight them off, or run...that kinda thing.  But that'd be a pretty clone/Cut-centric episode, and they couldn't shove Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Ahsoka in there without them going "WTF, Palpy authorizes this?!"...so I don't see it happening. -__-

I repeat your last sentence in this quote, except referring to the entire thing. Don't get me wrong, it would be seriously awesome. But this is the Clone Wars we're talking about here. Maker forbid that we actually have some clone action in it.

And if it does, if we get an allowance of one clone episode per season, I would rather it focus on Rex or Fives. I mean, Rex is awesome anyway, and the show hasn't managed to tarnish that. And after watching all of his old buddies die, I think Fives would be a really interesting character if they actually took some time to look. I said in the old thread, I think an episode where Rex is taking time to remember all of the brothers he's lost would set a perfect note to the story.

But who am I kidding. I think we all know that Season Four is just going to be more Anakin and Obi-Wan angst while Ahsoka the Overpowered Padawan swings to the rescue yet again. Don't let the Mon-Cals and septuple lightsabers fool you. The majority of the fans liked what they saw before, so there's no reason for them to do anything but continue with more of the same.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 06:22:46 PM »
Yeah, Rex and the 501st taking time to remember their fallen buddies would make an awesome episode! :)

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 12:55:23 AM »
I repeat your last sentence in this quote, except referring to the entire thing. Don't get me wrong, it would be seriously awesome. But this is the Clone Wars we're talking about here. Maker forbid that we actually have some clone action in it.
Kinda what I was saying, there. lolz

And to be honest, I'm a little tired of people using the "It's called the Clone Wars, where are the clones?!" thing.  No offense to you, Jaig, you just mentioned it again.  I want more focus on the clones.  I would love to have more clone-centric episodes.  But the show's not called "Clones", it's the Clone Wars, so you have to expect more of a wide-reaching look at a bunch of different aspects of the war.  Politics, Jedi, bounty hunters...it's all gonna be in there, and honestly should be in there.  Why Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan (or Padme) have to get shoved into every single scenario...I'll never understand.  As if people couldn't figure out we were watching TCW without one of those four being on-screen at all times. *sigh*
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »
And to be honest, I'm a little tired of people using the "It's called the Clone Wars, where are the clones?!" thing.  No offense to you, Jaig, you just mentioned it again.  I want more focus on the clones.  I would love to have more clone-centric episodes.  But the show's not called "Clones", it's the Clone Wars, so you have to expect more of a wide-reaching look at a bunch of different aspects of the war. 

Nevertheless, I am tired of seeing only jedi in the Clone Wars. If the clone wars can't be only about clones--which, I admit, would get old eventually--then it should at least not be only about jedi. The tension between Anakin and Obi-wan is interesting for a change (well, pretty much anything is interesting compared to the senate episodes), but Ahsoka's daring padarescues are getting old and I think the show would benefit from showing a closer in view of the war. Not just clones, but resistance fighters, maybe even a seperatist focused episode. Something to give more perspective on what's actually happening, not just the emotional problems of magical, laser-sword swinging, plot-shielded, emo, sparkly jedi.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
We shouldn't have nothing but Jedi, I agree. They are a necessity, but don't have to be everywhere. And they don't always have to be Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Ahsoka. One of the best episodes, Lair of Grievous, had Kit Fisto and his Padawan Nahdar, but no Anakin/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka. We need more clone episodes and non-main Jedi episodes.

Laney97

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
They are a necessity, but don't have to be everywhere.

Jedi are what people commonly think about when you say 'Star Wars'. That's why they have become such a necessity, even when they don'thave to be everywhere.

One of the best episodes, Lair of Grievous, had Kit Fisto and his Padawan Nahdar, but no Anakin/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka. We need more clone episodes and non-main Jedi episodes.

Yeah. Lair of Greivous basically made me a 'kinda-of-a-fan' because Anakin wasn't there in the sky doing something reckless and Kit-Fisto was there! I think his tentacles are awesome, but he might want to re-think using a Lightsaber. Tentacles that fly around + Lightsaber = Not to be used carelssly.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »
Yes, that has the potential for problems.

Laney97

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »
I bet he needs good force training to know whether his saber will hit them. Otherwise... it would be gross.

I'd love it if they did an episode of him doing that. Yes, I am mad. >:D

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
A bloody splurt, then a hair-raising scream. :yuck:

pm07

• Private
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 04:43:09 PM »
One thing to remember is that TCW has a finite life span as far as series goes. GL is only going to run it long enough to tie it into ROTS then he will dump it like a hot lightsaber. I'm willing to bet dinner that there are going to be a ton of loose ends at the end of the series. Well , loose ends that we care about like Cut, Slick, and other clones that are going to be dumped to the way side. While I understand the need for main characters like Obi-wan, etc. , this series might well stand on its own without Skywalker et:all. Problem being is that GL couldnt make as much $$ off of Asohka variation 5 Underwater action figure or whatever.  GL will keep on the same path he has been on..slowly destroying the Star Wars Universe and characters that we love.