Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season IV  (Read 91468 times)

Jaig

• Lieutenant
Re: The Clone Wars - Season IV
« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2012, 12:48:08 PM »
[So, its a good thing I like to hear myself talk....]

So who saw the return of Maul?
-Evidently, 10+ years in flaming garbage dump, (w/ no apparent explanation of how he got there), has made him looney tunes.
Hopefully, Savage's genteel demeanor will help his brother get back to being a more productive member of society.

I will say that I thought the episode was a little uneventful. (We all ready knew what the big surprise was; so, it's not like they revealed anything). I did like Savage taking it to the mechanical jawas, though. - That was some nice slicing & dicing

The 2nd part, (i.e. "Revenge"), looks like it should be pretty cool.
[Obviously, Obi-wan will be victorious, (or at least survive the encounter)]. But, I cannot imagine him taking on the Dathomir Duo all by himself.
- Hopefully, Anakin and Ahsoka finish their late night snack at the rough and tumble "Koruscant Kitchen" in time to help out. (What-the-hell were they doing there in the first place? - Is that the Chosen-One's favorite eatery?)

Yeah, I rather agree. The episode was basically in place to build hype for "THE RETURN!!!", which of course, the ad campaign has been doing for months, and been doing so much better than ten minutes of 'I have bad feeling about this' ever could. And then I was rather disappointed with Maul himself once he was finally revealed. I mean, a little mental instability can be cool, but I never thought he would be a gibbering lunatic. The thing that made him so cool (for me) in the movies was the fact that he was so skilled and disciplined, never succumbing to animal rage, beyond the normal anger required for Dark Side use. A man of few words and powerful actions. I'm rather wondering how they intend to recreate that when he's staring fascinated at his own puddle of drool while chuckling to himself. I'm also wondering where the plot will go from here, now that Yoda's Force Plot-Sensitivity spoiled it for Obi-Wan. I was picturing a story where he gets totally blindsided by Maul's return. Like, finding a cryptic note somewhere, or the intact half of Maul's old lightsaber. I think it would be more interesting to watch him struggle with the denial that it could be true just before Maul takes a crack at him.

...And Anakin at the diner. That was just... odd.

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #621 on: March 14, 2012, 04:52:43 PM »
I think it would suffice to say this was the worst episode of the season.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:04:46 PM by Talo »

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #622 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52:35 PM »
Their writing has been getting sloppier and sloppier, ever since Friends and Enemies . . .

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #623 on: March 19, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »
I'll admit, I watched the new episode, Revenge, on Friday with low expectations, and have since rewatched it several times.  There were a few parts I would have changed, but overall it was pretty awesome.  I just wish that it had been longer.[spoiler]The scene where Talzin healed Maul was interesting, particularly the visuals for the black tentacally things representing his madness.  The assembly of his legs was neat and almost just like the ones from the comic, which was nice.  I was a little confused about how Talzin conjured up new clothes for Maul, but then maybe im just being picky.  I enjoyed Sam Witwer?s voicing now that Maul could speak coherently.  Interesting little reveal that Maul did know about the Clone Wars.
Moving on to the awesome fight scene...  Kenobi and Ventress vs Savage and Maul.  The banter was very funny from the former.  My favorite was when Ventress told Savage that his brother is half the man he is.  The light saber action was brilliant, I particularly liked the coordination between the Zabrak brothers.  In the end, both sides escaped as expected; it'll be interesting to see how this continues in season five.  Hopefully we won't have to wait as long to see more of Maul.  On another note, any remarks on which side would win in a rematch of Ventress/Kenobi vs Savage/Maul?[/spoiler]

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #624 on: March 21, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »
There were a few parts I would have changed, but overall it was pretty awesome.
-Same here. All-in-all, I really liked it. But, there were a few things I'd balk at. (But then, there always are - so that's not really saying much).
I just wish that it had been longer.
I wholly agree. They should've scrapped half of the previous episode and doubled this one.

I will say that I am looking forward to Season 4 on DVD. (I just hope they package it something better than a paper-sleeve).
[spoiler]-Which seems to be the trend, after the Season 3 DVD let down[/spoiler]

On another note, any remarks on which side would win in a rematch of Ventress/Kenobi vs Savage/Maul?
That's a good question. I would have to say that the "Sons of Dathomir", (in my best Bela Lugosi voice), would win. And, it would largely be due to the efforts of Opress. -He is a monster whose sheer ferocity, (not mention fortitude with the double-ended vroom-stick), would turn the tide to whomever's side he's on.
I can picture Maul being a little gun-shy; as he remembers the big fall he took at the Battle of Naboo.

Unfortunately, Ventress (while sometimes depicted as a worthy opponent), is in truth a punk.
She high-tails it at the first sign of trouble. And, I predict that she will do the same here. (Which would basically, leave Obi-wan to go it alone).

Obi-wan is the man -No two ways about it. He can rise to any occasion and best anyone in the galaxy, (IMO). For a Jedi, (that supposedly try avoid inflicting life-threatening injuries), he has cut and maimed more people than a busted combine.

If Mace had him on his arrest detail when they went after Palps;  Kit Fisto would be alive today. (And the Emperor would one dead dark lord).
That being said, the combination of Maul and Savage would be too much for him.
I can picture him taking Maul’s head this time, (like he lamented in the show); but Savage would over power him in the process.

-This reminds me of my major beef with last episode…
[spoiler]By the Hammer of Thor, why would Yoda send Obi-wan to face Maul alone?
“Trust in the force, we must” – WTF is that!
There was absolutely no worthwhile reason they gave for Obi-wan to have to "finish (by himself) what he started so long ago." –utter nonsense.
That’s the kind of outfit that little green puke heads up? He has the clarity of vision to see the return of a former Sith Lord, (that killed Qui-gon, mind you). And, he decides that Obi-wan has to face him alone. He won’t send any other Jedi with him? It is better to trust that force might send a former dark accolade and Dooku’s assassin/ apprentice, turned Night sister, turned Bounty Hunter w/ a heart of gold, to assist him?
–completely unbelievable.

Mace, (and Obi-wan), should have Yoda arrested for wanton disregard of his subordinates.[/spoiler]
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #625 on: March 21, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »
If Mace had him on his arrest detail when they went after Palps;  Kit Fisto would be alive today. (And the Emperor would one dead dark lord).

Amen, brother. If any of those three Jedi deserved to survive, it was Kit Fisto.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #626 on: May 05, 2012, 03:05:16 PM »
The entire Umbaran arc is available for watching on StarWars.com! Do it!

EDIT: They're down now.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:45:06 AM by ARC_Commander_Colt »

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #627 on: May 19, 2012, 08:57:17 AM »
Well, I finally found the Umbaran arc on youtube... yeah, I love it! The Umbaran control interfaces remind me of Iron Man...

[spoiler]Also, I think it explains why the 501st was willing to carry out the main brunt of O66 without question...[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:38:03 AM by Vlet Hansen »
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #628 on: May 19, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
True that. However, one thing to note is, if Rex had trouble even killing Krell, an obvious traitor, there's no way he could execute a friend, like Ahsoka. So I think ol' Rexy may have a change of career before the show ends.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #629 on: May 20, 2012, 07:19:16 AM »
Or maybe he changes... who knows! That's the fun bit!
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #630 on: May 20, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »
Indeed, you're right!

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #631 on: July 20, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »
Not gonna lie, the friendly-fire incident in the Umabaran arc was intense. man tears.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #632 on: April 05, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
Not gonna lie, the friendly-fire incident in the Umabaran arc was intense. man tears.

On a related topic, found this on Youtube. I'm going to go man-cry myself to sleep now...

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbd1Dg5llnE[/spoiler]

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #633 on: May 13, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »
On that same u-tube page there is one called, "The Rise and Fall of Domino Squad" - pretty cool.
-There will be a lot clone-tears tonight
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."