Author Topic: Out of rockets...huh?  (Read 14778 times)

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
Re: Out of rockets...huh?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »
Just to explain the whole power thing a bit further, in the X-Wing series the power you send to the lasers and shields doesn't directly effect how much is available, instead it effects the recharge rate.  At neutral power the shields/lasers will remain constant, at increased power they will recharge slowly and at full power they will recharge faster.  Likewise, when you set it to decreased power it will slowly de-charge and no power will de-charge faster.  If you have reduced the power to the lasers to boost the engine power to help get out of the extremely turbulent air from the sandstorm (trust me, extreme turbulence is not something you want to fly through as a pilot) then its is probable that your lasers will be fully de-charged when you found Dooku's speeder and so in order to get multiple laser shots (it recharges at max power at a rate just a bit slower then you can fire them) you will have to reduce power to the engines for an extended period to store enough charge to get off a decent amount of lasers and compensate for the de-charge rate you'll encounter when you throw power back from the lasers to the engines.

Having said that though, I do agree that it is a pretty stupid line.

Damn, that's a good-lookin' hog you got there flyboy!  Goin' on a date?

:D

Seriously, the best the explanation is going to get.  Still doesn't sit well, but I can at least accept that and not lose any more sleep.

Null-4 Kolburn Skirata

• Lieutenant
  • "ARCs were not team players."
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 06:26:59 AM »
I don't know maybe a paradox?
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!- "Don't mess with Mandos, mate!" (lit: "Don't wave your saber at Mandalorians, mate!:)

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 10:48:27 PM »
I don't know maybe a paradox?
Does this have a quote to give us context as to what you are talking about?

I'd like to know what you are thinking here ner vod...

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »
It is a bit weird trying to post an opinion in a conversation that ended 2 months ago, although this looks like one of the more recent threads he's resurrected compared to the mass necro-posting he's been doing elsewhere in the forums.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 04:53:09 AM »
I noticed someone was out necromancingposting.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »
I think everybody noticed it. Nothing we can do about it now, and the best way to keep it from continuing to happen is to not reply to the old threads.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
You mean... Like this?

Garon Crayson

• Sergeant
  • Idiots make my head hurt
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 04:49:01 PM »
I guess I shouldn't point out then that if you look carefully at the scenes that show the underside of the right wing, you clearly see four missiles still in place there, and the various technical guides and stuff specifically state those are air-to-air missiles.