Author Topic: OFFICIAL pics of Etain and Jusik!  (Read 20095 times)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
OFFICIAL pics of Etain and Jusik!
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
I found these on Wookieepedia. EDIT: Also, Rav Bralor and Mij Gilamar.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:56:01 PM by ARC_Commander_Colt »

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Jaig

• Lieutenant
Re: OFFICIAL pics of Etain and Jusik!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:18:58 PM »
And here I thought Etain was creepy before...

I swear that thing is going to be haunting my nightmares now.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:26:33 PM »
Just because they were on Wookiepedia does not make them official.    

Who is the artist?  What did the artist make them for?   Was the artist commissioned my Lucasfilm to do these?
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »
Also, we're Etain's brown hair and freckles? You know, one of her major defining features?

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
All I know is they came from some kind of card game thing called 'Star Wars Galaxy' which is an official project. And that pic of Etain is pretty messed-up, but I guess the artist was paying more attention to drawing than reading the description...

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:53:53 AM »
I hate that. Like when people who do cover art for books apparently only read the back jacket and mess tons of details up. Gah.

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
All I know is they came from some kind of card game thing called 'Star Wars Galaxy' which is an official project. And that pic of Etain is pretty messed-up, but I guess the artist was paying more attention to drawing than reading the description...
Yep, those look like the sketch cards (although they might not be), which are special inserts from the Topps Star Wars Galaxy cards.  I'm not sure what series they are.  Here's some other sketch cards, which were done for series 6.
http://hodges-art.deviantart.com/art/SW-Galaxy-6-10-Sketch-cards-194080564?q=gallery%3Ahodges-art%2F635346&qo=22
http://xjapanrox.deviantart.com/art/Topps-Star-Wars-Galaxy-6-04-192053082?q=gallery%3Axjapanrox%2F1743167&qo=16
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:13:01 AM by Phi »

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »
I think it said series 6.

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »
Well rember too, not every card done makes the run and if it doesn't make the run, even though it was LFL licensed, it's Infinities canon at best.
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 06:29:37 PM »
Or not at all, as often happens things done for games are considered non-cannon from the start, or shortly afterwards. Honestly, the images looking like they never went through post-production and they don't follow the descriptions in the books leads me to safely believe the are not cannon.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »
Unfortunately, they're legit, the same as that questionably dog-like picture of Mird that came out a while back.  Not a big fan of these at all, to be honest.  The Jusik one looks decent, yeah, but Etain looks like bad fanart they snatched up from somewhere, and I bet you couldn't tell which of those pics is Mij and which one is Rav (or if they're even two supposed to be two different people) unless you already knew.
I mean, I wasn't really expecting somebody as awesome as Chris Trevas to do the headshots...but come on. :yuck:
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Laney97

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 01:15:55 PM »
Unfortunately, they're legit, the same as that questionably dog-like picture of Mird that came out a while back.  Not a big fan of these at all, to be honest.  The Jusik one looks decent, yeah, but Etain looks like bad fanart they snatched up from somewhere, and I bet you couldn't tell which of those pics is Mij and which one is Rav (or if they're even two supposed to be two different people) unless you already knew.
I mean, I wasn't really expecting somebody as awesome as Chris Trevas to do the headshots...but come on. :yuck:

Don't question Mia. She's the SW canon genius.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 04:03:25 PM »
Don't question Mia. She's the SW canon genius.

You add in comments like this when someone actually questions her, not before. Then it makes you look like a schizophrenic screaming at the blank spots between the posts as they question the other members. It's really one of those things that make you question your sanity...not that I've ever had to do that or anything...my, look at the time, I must be going now.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 09:29:43 PM »
You add in comments like this when someone actually questions her, not before.
But...nobody questions me.  Cuz I'm the SW canon genius, get it? ;P
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »
So if no one questions you, why tell people not to? Unless it's the voices who are questioning...

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 10:43:30 PM »
Then it makes you look like a schizophrenic screaming at the blank spots between the posts as they question the other members.

The blank spots are my friends. You do not mess with the blank spots.

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 09:41:03 AM »
Meh, Pass. I'll stick to the actual description.

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

Laney97

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »
The blank spots are my friends. You do not mess with the blank spots.

i was thinking of that...

You add in comments like this when someone actually questions her, not before. Then it makes you look like a schizophrenic screaming at the blank spots between the posts as they question the other members. It's really one of those things that make you question your sanity...not that I've ever had to do that or anything...my, look at the time, I must be going now.

Okay, lets explain this...

i was having a joke, and I was saying no-one should do it after the post.. See any connections yet?

Lil Vod

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 03:52:36 PM »
Why does Etain have red hair? They totally ruined her! Although she is easier to imagine with just red hair. I mean, it is pretty hard to imagine someone with three different hair colors. The rest are pretty cool to.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
This is pretty close to a necro-post and adds nothing to the thread. We discussed Etain's wrong hair color further up the page. Please check the date on threads and the previous posts see if the information you plan on posting contributes anything. Thanks.