Author Topic: Obi-Wan Kenobi - why's Ordo bashing him?  (Read 23530 times)

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi - why's Ordo bashing him?
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 02:31:02 AM »
I did not who Connor Freeman was; (but, I just read a little bit about him on Wook).

-Why did Jengo leave him a fat inheritance? Was it guilt? Was it becasue they were kin?
Piece of advice?  If you get the chance, read the "Blood Ties" comic.  It's a pretty good Jango/Boba story.
And yeah, I think the implication was that Jango felt guilty.
[spoiler]He wasn't expecting his target to be a clone, and he was even more surprised to see that he'd started a family.[/spoiler]
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 10:11:35 AM »
He wasn't expecting his target to be a clone, and he was even more surprised to see that he'd started a family. 
Zoinks !

-I will try to check out that comic, thanks.

But, that brings me to a question that I've always wondered about.
-If Jengo didn't die in the arena; would he have taken up arms against his prodginy; (i.e. his clone-offspring)?
He obviously has no qualms about capping jedi; but would he be willing to kill regular clone troopers too?

(I guess Blood Ties suggests that he would - He apparently killed Connor Freeman's father)
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

Laney97

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
I think it depends on what Jango saw his clones like: He could've seen them like the Kaminoans did or the way Skirata and Vau (Well, kind of like Vau). Because Fett did have a clone of his own which he loved (Boba) I think he might have respected them until he needed to do what was absolutely neccesary to survive.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »
I think he might have respected them until he needed to do what was absolutely neccesary to survive.
Kinda like Darman.. when he had to kill his brothers who were sent to kill Sull.
(If I remember that right)

I prefer to believe that Jengo would not willingly take part in killing clones.

I think Mia's description of Blood Ties suggest taht he didn't realize the target was a Clone until after he accepted the job; (and maybe it was even after he pulled the trigger).

I think it is entirely possible that since Dooku recruited him; Jengo was under the impression that his clones would be fighting along side; maybe even under, him.

I think, in a way,  Jengo was getting played by Sidious too.

Does anybody recall if in the beginning of Hard Contact when Kal and Jengo were taking; was it ever said that they knew they'd be working for the Republic?

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »
They never mentioned who the clones were going to. Kal only knew he was working for Jango, and that Jango was working for the Kaminoans.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 09:07:44 PM »
No, they new well they were going to the Republic. The lyrics of Vade An were changed to incorporate loyalty to the Repulic. They were taught the executive emergency orders, 150 I believe, their whole lives and they were taught their whole lives they would be serving Jedi and Jedi were all that and a slice of toast. They all new full well who the army was for from the get go. Also, the army was ordered by a Jedi, Master Sifodious.

I don't think Jango was played at all. He knew exactly what he was doing and why. It was laid out well in RC Order 66 when Vau explained how he played the long game. He wanted revenge on the Jedi and created the only army capable of destroying them... an army of him. There were 2 clone armies with seperate purposes. The original 3 million which were created to destroy the Jedi and the rest after that which were created to create and enforce the Empire.

I also think that while Jango wouldn't have been off intentionally whacking clones, he also would have done what he needed to do to survive and if that meant culling the weak ones, those incapable of or unworthy of destroying the Jedi order, he would have killed them without having a second thought about it.
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 11:57:30 PM »
In TZ, Jango responds to the Prime Minister's claims of "valuing the Jedi counsel as a customer" with: "I have nothing to do with the Jedi" implying he wasn't surprised by that. He knew and the clones were trained to obey Jedi specifically, remember what Darman went through in HC when he realized Jedi weren't all they were made out to be.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
he would have killed them without having a second thought about it.
That may true; because if he was anything like Boba; he was a bad-shebs bounty hunter that didn't care who the target was.

And, I remember that part about "the long game", from O-66 . (I liked that part). And, I like the idea of Jengo planning his revenge; (instead of just taking another job).

But, I still think its possible that Jengo didn't realize, (i.e. he wasn't told) that his army of clones would be working for the Jedi / Republic; and, that it was all an elaborate double-cross.
(I have no idea; but I'm guessing) that when Dooku drafted Jengo; all he was told that his clones would  be enlisted to kill Jedi. (And, if he wasn't told; I think Jengo might've assumed that he would lead/assist his clones in battle against the Jedi).

And it was probably known, (or discoverable) that Sifo Dyas placed the  original order; but, Dooku was paying the bills. I think it would make perfect sense to Jengo that the army would belong to Dooku.
Either way, I think I can make myself dizzy thinking of all the possibilities that could have occurred.

The one thing I'm sure of is that Palp's and his Sith-treachery know no limits.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 11:52:56 PM »
I don't think Jango was played at all. He knew exactly what he was doing and why. It was laid out well in RC Order 66 when Vau explained how he played the long game. He wanted revenge on the Jedi and created the only army capable of destroying them... an army of him.

This was speculation on the character's part. It was never actually confirmed.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 12:16:02 PM »
Does if he was played or not matter if he got what he wanted in the end?
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 01:00:54 PM »
Well, it don't matter to Jango's headless corpse; but, I just hate to think he got snookered.

Especially, after the snookering that led to Battle of Galidraan

Honorable Ham

• Private Recruit
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 08:05:59 PM »
if i remember correctly it was actually a retelling of and explanation of his plan from Vau to Kal

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 12:40:55 AM »
I don't think Jango was played at all. He knew exactly what he was doing and why. It was laid out well in RC Order 66 when Vau explained how he played the long game. He wanted revenge on the Jedi and created the only army capable of destroying them... an army of him.
I think it was sort of speculation on Vau's part, but the end of the Open Seasons comic has Jango pretty much say, "Oh, you're going after the Jedi?  Sweet, I'm in."

Dooku: "In time, they will be instrumental to the destruction of the Jedi."
Jango: "That's what I'm counting on..."
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »

I think it was sort of speculation on Vau's part, but the end of the Open Seasons comic has Jango pretty much say, "Oh, you're going after the Jedi?  Sweet, I'm in."

Dooku: "In time, they will be instrumental to the destruction of the Jedi."
Jango: "That's what I'm counting on..."

I can understand Jango's hatred of Jedi, but I'm surprised he didn't shoot Dooku on the spot, since Dooku was at Galidraan.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
but I'm surprised he didn't shoot Dooku on the spot, since Dooku was at Galidraan.
Likewise, you would think Dooku would not even be able to open his mouth before Jango had him wrapped in a whip-cord and fried him with his flame-thrower; or at the very least... put matching burn holes in his forehead comlpiments of Jango's twin Westar 34s.

But on the other hand, Dooku is a silver-tongued lying SOB.

Afterall, who was it that promised a certain Kaleesh warlord... "Don't worry General, I checked out your spacecraft personally"
[spoiler]I guess techinically that might have been San Hill; but, you get the idea."[/spoiler]

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
Okay, one of the enemy's footsoldiers who was "just following orders" for all you know decides to turn on his former comrades and help you destroy them. Jango probably didn't ask too many questions?

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 06:24:24 PM »
Okay, one of the enemy's footsoldiers who was "just following orders" for all you know decides to turn on his former comrades and help you destroy them. Jango probably didn't ask too many questions?

Well, that is true...but when that footsoldier's a Jedi...

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 12:34:05 AM »
I notice that things are going pretty far from the original topic...

But as for why Jango didn't shoot Dooku: practicality.  He saw Dooku in a holo-message first, so it's not like he was suddenly standing right in front of him after all those years.  And Dooku was offering Jango a job.  While Jango doesn't have a problem with holding grudges obviously, he tells Boba in the old Boba Fett series that you have to be ready to move above that.  Somebody you hate today might be your only hope tomorrow, and you have to be able to deal with that.  And then he finds out that Dooku's end game fits pretty nicely with Jango's own ideas and well,  "The enemy of my enemy..."