Author Topic: Remnant of Hope  (Read 29946 times)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Remnant of Hope
« on: June 11, 2011, 11:43:05 PM »
While I know we have that whole 1 active RPG per person, I'm setting this up as a test case for a new style of play, playing with a DM, or Dungeon Master as it's formally known. When using the DM system, one player, i.e. me, controls the world and what happens to the characters. While the players take the actions, the DM formulates the response of the NPC's and the world, within reason. While DMing is usually used with table top RPGing, it can be easily formatted for the text style we use.

~Story~                                                                

Two years before the entrance of the Jedi into the Mandalorian War lead by Revan, the Mandalorians were crushing resistance to their conquest. Not all enemies were slain my the Mandalorians, and some even put into prison/work camps to help supply the Mandalorian war effort. This is the story of one such group and how they came to escape such a place together, and survive a harsh, war-torn galaxy.

~Characters~                                                            

Player: Drake Vhett
Name: Horace Rad
Description: A man of medium height and slim build, he is quite nondescript with his scraggly brown hair and beard, and his dull green eyes. His face bears a patch of healed burns on the back right of his jaw and no other scars. He often wears a green-brown trench jacket(like a trench coat but smaller and more pockets, used by aviators) over his grey shirt which always manages to be half tucked into black pants secured to brown boots. He wears blue tinted aviators when the mod strikes him.
Personality: A quick witted and often snide man to his detractors, he is quite a comedian to his friends and comrades.

Player: Talo
Name: Geric Grey
Description: He stands at 1.8 meters tall, with dull grey eyes accurate to his name and short brown hair.
Personality: A secretive man without any compunction about using violence to protect his thoughts, his demur attitude and sarcastic remarks often leave others off guard.

Player: Noldorin Mando
Name: Bal Emosn
Description: A short man, Emosn stands at a diminutive 5' 6'', but has the broad build of an agricultural worker. Captured on a raid, Emosn still wears his worn olive green combat uniform and Republic-issue combat boots. His hair has grown to the nape of his neck in captivity, split by a scar on his scalp that runs to the midpoint of his eyebrow over his blue eyes.
Personality: Quiet and reserved, Emosn demands respect from those he works with, and is slow to trust. However, he takes the slightest betrayal as a declaration of war, and has, in his opinion, few friends and enough enemies to conquer the Galaxy ten times over.

Player: N-11 Commander Ordo
Name: Narsic Givenar
Occupation: Commando in the Republic resistance forces (Current POW)
Description: Average height, although muscular as any SpecOps trooper would be. Blonde hair, Ocean gray/green/blue eye color.
Personality: A hard, professional man with a get-the-job-done attitude, although has been known to be laid back and sarcastic at times.

Player: Laney97
Name: Drad Kolz
Description: With a very large build and tall apperance, Drad also has some burns from previous smuggling runs as he prefers to purposely get into a chase rather than do what most do.  He wears the same green flight suit every time he is doing a run. His eyes are blue with dark brown hair. His spiked hair also adds to his very imposing apperance.
Personality: Even though he understands alot, Drad isn't very good at talking, but is very serious towards his enemys and very helpful and kind to comrades.

Player: Eparavu
Name: Dha'bev Shiskel
Description/personality: A maroon devaronian with a permanent grin. His lithe build is unusual for his species, as is his sunny demeanor, which masks the sorrow he feels when around bloodshed. One of the galaxy's remaining crusaders, he made a living providing protection to wealthy merchants and politicians. He joined the neo-crusader movement at the behest of a client who supplied them with weapons. When it was discovered that his client was selling to the Republic as well, he was executed. Dha'bev's resulting revolt and attempted defection led to his detainment and planned execution. He waits with a dour patience, plotting his exit and the retrieval of his armor.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:16:40 AM by Drake Vhett »

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
Re: Remnant of Hope
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:13 PM »
Player: Noldorin Mando
Name: Bal Emosn
Description: A short man, Emosn stands at a diminutive 5' 6'', but has the broad build of an agricultural worker. Captured on a raid, Emosn still wears his worn olive green combat uniform and Republic-issue combat boots. His hair has grown to the nape of his neck in captivity, split by a scar on his scalp that runs to the midpoint of his eyebrow over his blue eyes.
Personality: Quiet and reserved, Emosn demands respect from those he works with, and is slow to trust. However, he takes the slightest betrayal as a declaration of war, and has, in his opinion, few friends and enough enemies to conquer the Galaxy ten times over.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Laney97

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:40:10 PM »
OCC: I have to try some RP, and I know alot about how some smugglers work. I might have stretched it a bit too far, so I'll downplay it if asked by the DM.

Player: Laney97
Name: Drad Kolz
Description: With a very large build and tall apperance, Drad also has some burns from previous smuggling runs as he prefers to purposely get into a chase rather than do what most do.  He wears the same green flight suit every time he is doing a run. His eyes are blue with dark brown hair. His spiked hair also adds to his very imposing apperance.
Personality: Even though he understands alot, Drad isn't very good at talking, but is very serious towards his enemys and very helpful and kind to comrades.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:00:08 PM by Laney97 »

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »
Dude, your character cannot be a Mandalorian in a Mando prison camp. The way this story is set up, there shouldn't be any Mando characters.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Laney97

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:01:13 PM »
I mis-read it. Fixed.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:20:17 PM »
We have to start on the 21st since Talo is away for 10 days.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 04:34:02 PM »
This is exactly how I always tried to run RPs... excellent.
player: Eparavu (duh)
Name: Dha'bev Shiskel
Description/personality: A maroon devaronian with a permanent grin. His lithe build is unusual for his species, as is his sunny demeanor, which masks the sorrow he feels when around bloodshed. One of the galaxy's remaining crusaders, he made a living providing protection to wealthy merchants and politicians. He joined the neo-crusader movement at the behest of a client who supplied them with weapons. When it was discovered that his client was selling to the Republic as well, he was executed. Dha'bev's resulting revolt and attempted defection led to his detainment and planned execution. He waits with a dour patience, plotting his exit and the retrieval of his armor.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:53:33 PM by Eparavu »

No hate here, only creeper love.
Watching you through your windows.
Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Laney97

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »
We have to start on the 21st since Talo is away for 10 days.

Fine by me. I can't really do much until my new illness is gone. Doctor says it shold be gone within a week.

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »
What a party we have. This will be great.

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Laney97

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 11:22:30 AM »
Best ever.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 11:24:41 AM »
Don't spam the bloody topic.

Laney97

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
Sorry.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
Kid, what do you think spam is? A one word post is spam. I don't care for your apology or require it. What I do require is for you to stop spamming, and not just in this topic, but every other topic where you make posts of this ilk.

Laney97

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »
Kid, what do you think spam is? A one word post is spam. I don't care for your apology or require it. What I do require is for you to stop spamming, and not just in this topic, but every other topic where you make posts of this ilk.

Calm down. Look, I was saying sorry, to make peace and other random crap. And erm... people don't understand this usually but having a good go at people who go off-topic is kinda like doing it in itself. Just saying.

So, can new players join or will we just start on the 21st without letting new ones join?

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
Kid, you need to learn when to drop something before you make is a bigger issue. I suggest you drop it now and take your false politeness elsewhere.

We're staring the RP on the 21st. I rarely turn away players, but I'm looking at one I'm considering to kick out right now.

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »
Udesii guys.
Let's put a damper on it until the rp starts.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:10:04 PM by Eparavu »

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 11:38:04 PM »
Geric Grey
The sound of a closing door jarred you awake from your slumber. Rather, your induced slumber. You were being lead along, somehow moving on your previously unconscious feet, through a camp filled with mandalorians. Each glared at you as you reached a metal gate, topped with barbed wire and flanked by towers. In each tower a repeater was aimed at the inside of the camp. You move your hand to find it is bound. Upon further tactile inspection you find one finger is covered in ink, while the back of your right hand bears the bump from a injection. You arrive at the gate to find it opening. The sun blinds you as you and your guard step through.

"Get in there spy" the mandalorian sneered at you. He kicked the back of your knee and pushed you forward. You fall on your face, your arms still tied behind you. A gate shuts behind you, but you are unable to see anything from your position on the ground.

Bal Emosn

The slight light cracking through the cargo container you slept in with the other POW's wakes you. You hear some commotion at the gate before the large metal doors slam shut. The smell of a dead body is pungent inside the container. The pull yourself to the crack to view a bit of the gate, only to see a bound man face down on the ground. The early morning breeze pushed against your face.

Narsic Givenar

The stirring of the man across the cargo container from you and the thunk of a body hitting the ground a ways away wakes you. The slam of the gate starts awake the rest of the occupant, save for one who smelled putrid. His eyes were bloated and his skin pale. He must have died during the night, the yellow wound on his collar showing his killer, infection. Looking about you notice a man at the crack that was left at the cargo container's door, letting some air in. Not enough to compete with the stench of a dead body, but some.

Drad Kolz

You snap awake as a mandalorian kicks the metal cot you are sleeping in. The fall out the side, only to be kicked by the mandalorian in the stomach. You gasp as the air leaves your lungs. The mandalorian lifts you by the arm as another does on the other side. They drag you to a line of detainees being processed. Most look like soldiers, covered in wounds ranging from stabs to massive burns. Each looks filled with anger or sorrow. The look of the rebelling and defeated. A few others seem to be different sorts, smugglers, spies, local resistance, civilians, you know not. You bump into a man wearing nondescript cloths, though the style gives you pause. A green-grey jacket over a a grey shirt, half tucked into black pants, rife with pockets that look like they've been opened recently and searched. The garb of a smuggler.

Horace Rad

Rad held up his hands as he walked down the ramp. Over a dozen rifles were trained on him, and just as many turrets on his ship. He sighed as he walked down the ramp hands still in the air. A mandalorian yanked his hands down behind his back, securing them with cuffs as another removed his blaster from the inside of his jacket. The mandalorian found three others, two blades, and a death stick case.

"Been trying to quite for ages, but those things are so good they'll kill me" he smirked. The mandalorian punched him in the mouth.

"Shut up smuggler scum," he sneered. "you're just in time for processing, it just opened"

"When's the local brothel open? I'll drop in and see your mother. Maybe open up your sister too" Rad sneered. Those comments earned him a punch in the stomach.

"Shut it scum" the mandalorian replied angrily.

"I'll shut your wife's mouth around my..." was all Rad could say before he was head-butted. He decided to wait until he could see again to speak. That took quite a while. He finally blinked away the dots to find a man bumping into him.

Dha'bev Shiskel

"What should we do with the traitor?" a voice asks from the other side of the door. You see nothing in the darkness, the light in the cell having burnt out long ago.

"Shoot 'em in the head" another voice, this one very base and gruff, suggested.

"Hang him by the neck until his feet stop kicking" another, more smooth and sophisticated, replied.

"We could let him go in the main camp. See how long he lasts" the first voice ponders.

"I'm in. Twenty credits on two hours" the gruff voice exclaimed.

"I say four days" the sophisticated voice challenged.

"A week. I say a week, he used to be one of us" the first finished. You were suddenly blinded by a bright light. and yanked out. Finding yourself on a catwalk ten feet above a camp, you suddenly noticed the ground was getting closer. Then blackness.

OOC: If you want a different color tell me, but it can't already be in use.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:04:39 AM by Drake Vhett »

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:59 AM »
Dha'Bev kept his eyes clenched, absently feeling at the tips of his horns.
Well, all in one piece, more or less.
He forced his feet underneath himself, and strained against his aching muscles to stand and face his surroundings.

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »
Dha'bev Shiske

Stretching before you is a mass of cargo containers, strewn about as if hap hazardly thrown around by a giant. Each container was coated in rust, moss, graffiti, or some combination of the three. Filth and grim seems the permeate the camp as much as a feeling of dread, sorrow, and expectations. Upon inspection your more immediate surroundings you notice pockets of mangy, unwashed people peaking out and around the containers in your direction. There is a path to your left, front, and right.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:43:51 PM by Drake Vhett »

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »
Dha hooks his thumbs into his waistband, and wanders off to the right. He keeps his head low so as to promote inconspicuity, but also to lean into a dash should the need arise.

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.