Author Topic: Remnant of Hope  (Read 29224 times)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: Remnant of Hope
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
Dha'bev Shiske

You find yourself confronted by a pair of large humans. While not as tall as you, they are twice as wide you. The pure girth of their muscles almost screams 'wall', or 'mountain' at you. They cross their arms and stand side by side. They manage to take up the entire alley, their shoulders almost touching the sides. One peers up at you, a full head shorter than you.

"Who are you? Republic soldier, smuggler, merc?" the man asks. The other looks you up and down, evaluating you.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 01:31:46 PM »
Dha'bev put on an expression of "who, me?".
He rubbed the back of his head, trying to put on a winning smile despite the array of sharp teeth.
"Bodyguard for hire, actually. Turns out protecting a traitor makes you a traitor."

No hate here, only creeper love.
Watching you through your windows.
Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
Dha'bev Shiske

"That makes you mandalorian then, does it?" the man asks, narrowing his eyes. The other rests his hand on his belt, obviously on some sort of weapon, but you can't tell what it is. A few more humans gather around you, interested in the possibility of some revenge.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 02:57:14 PM »
Narsic carefully moved away from the bloated corpse, and made his way towards the man who had just been thrown in with them. He was grateful for the chance to get outside into fresh air, away from the putrid mixture of excrement, sweat, dead bodies and battle wounds that infested the sleeping quarters.

The rest of the camp was waking, beginning to take notice of the new prisoners received during the night. Narsic was sure he'd run into them soon enough, he didn't have any need to go searching for them. It's not like he had limited time on his hands.

He approached the new prisoner.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:53:26 PM by N-11 Commander Ordo »

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Laney97

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »
Drad was helpless and couldn't do anything apart from take what the mandalorians threw at him. When he was left in the line, still trying to get back his breath, he snarled under his breath, "One day..." before bumping into a man he recognized as one of his own - a smuggler.

"So, risks of being a detainee are in the job discription, hey?" He said carefully. This man could, of course, just be any of the random beings in the camp, just dressed like his profession. "What's your name?" He asked. If he could befriend a smuggler here, he might make it out un-scared. He needed an allie - a friend.

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »
"Who said anything about a mandalorian? I was meatshielding for a weapons runner who decided republic money was just as good as neo. Our kind captors didn't think so."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:24:48 PM by Eparavu »

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »
Bal Emosn propped himself up on his elbows and scowled at the bound man before him. The others were beginning to move, driven by the commotion. Glancing over his shoulder, Emosn saw a fellow prisoner crawl towards him. Pulling his tattered shemagh from around his neck, Emosn wrapped it around his face to stifle the smell of decomposition from the back of the container.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
Narsic Givenar

You find yourself next to another prisoner, a shemagh around his face, obscuring his features. You push the opening to allow you to see the new arrival, who was still face down. The man beside you glances at you before returning his gaze to the new addition to the camp.

Horace Rad & Drad Kolz

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just a simple freighter captain, transporting supplies to refugee world." Rad said. He glanced at the kid next to him critically.

"Captain Johnathon Farseen, East Tatooine Shipping Company," he said winking. He stepped forward as the line slowly moved."You?"

Bal Emosn

You see a few men approach the new arrival. They seem to have the intent of robbing the man. One has what appears to be a knife fashioned out of a piece of container and leaves for a handle, the rat-like man holding it scampering slowly toward the prone man.

Dha'bev Shiskel

"Well then, you ought to 'ev said you were a merc. Way you introduce yourself you make someone think you're a mando turncoat" the second man said, letting his hand fall. The two men parted, allowing you by. Continuing down the alley made by the cargo containers, you find yourself in a market of sorts. How this could exist in a prison camp was a testament to the greed of people. Vendor's selling meds, food, smokes, blankets, and more were aplenty.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 06:25:25 PM »
Narsic was debating whether to move in and assist the new prisoner. Chances were, the new guy was a fellow Mando-opposer, but getting involved in something could be dangerous.

He looked back at the man next to him with a raised eyebrow, asking the unspoken question. 'Are you going to help?'  Recieving no real response, vocal or otherwise, Narsic decided to intervene. He could easily handle the little sewer rat, even if he was armed. The tricky thing would be letting it go unnoticed by the guards and friends of the rat, who were skulking off in a corner barely within view.

Crawling out of the container and standing up, Narsic took two quick steps and was standing over the man on the ground.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 07:38:07 PM »
"I wonder what passes for cash in this squalor" Dha'bev muttered, glancing in-obviously at the wares around him. "Maybe I can find a nice, shiny shank."

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Laney97

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »
{{OOC: I don't know whether that last part was for me. If I get it wrong, I'll edit it. But I guess it was...}}

"Erm... Drad. Drad Kolz." Drad put his hand out for shaking whilst moving in-line with him. "East Tatooine, eh?"

He thought for a moment, thinking whether or not to tell him everything. The big thing about him - He was more of a smuggler for a contract. He'd work for anyone. He'd do a run and then find a new contractor. Unless the current employer offered something new, of course. He chanced it. "I worked for them once. Good payment, too. Anyway, I drift, more or less. New contract, new employer, new payment. Basically a merc of the frieght-jockeys." Drad laughed, thinking of the irony.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 11:47:28 PM »
OOC: We  are currently waiting for Talo, as his input is needed for Nold and N-11 to progress, and I don't want Laney and Eparavu to get too far ahead.

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
OOC: I've been gone for two full weeks actually, and I'm in the middle of a move right now so spare time is limited. But here's a post to keep things moving.

OT: Geric Grey struggled to sit up without the use of his hands, realizing he was in imminent danger but still slow in coming to. Looking up he noticed what exactly what the threat was: several figures approaching him one with something that was vaguely metallic in the individuals hand.

Sighing Geric called out to the characters coming towards him: "Do you need something? Because I have nothing to offer."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:22:16 AM by Talo »

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »
Horace Rad & Drad Kolz

"Right. How'd you end up a mandalorian prisoner?" Rad asked the kid critically.

Narsic Givenar

As you approach, the man finally sits up, and calls out,

"Do you need something? Because I have nothing to offer". The rat-man freezes, eyeing both of you. His friends, three humans and a twi'lek, approach.

Dha'bev Shiskel

"Sir, care to browse my fine wares? I have a wide variety of items for sale, including food, weapons, even some, 'entertainment'" a Duros asks.

Geric Grey

You see the rat-man freeze, and his friends, three humans and a twi'lek, join him. Another human seems to be moving toward you, but is not part of rat-man's group.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:54:26 PM by Drake Vhett »

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »
Shiskel eyed the buln-headed alien warily.
[What goes for currency around these parts?] he wondered to himself. [Better not ask; be just as bad as stripping down and screaming I AM NEW HERE]

"What is the going rate for some passable knuckle dusters?"

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 08:36:24 PM »
Dha'bev Shiskel

"Eh, half a food pack, a pair of blankets, a medical syringe. Depends on what you've got" the Duros muttered.

Laney97

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
"Half because I hate them, half because I was caught smuggling around there turf." Drad said. "How about you?"

Eparavu

• Captain
  • ALWAYS
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 12:36:26 PM »
"Let me get back to you on that."

Staring from a distance.
Always watching.
Always loving.
ALWAYS.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
"Sh*t." 

Narsic swears under his breath. The fool had brought more attention upon himself. Here goes nothing.  He thought as he made a few quick steps and stood between the man on the ground and the rat-pack.

Find an excuse to win.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »
Emosn sighed and followed his impromptu ally. "Get him into the container. We can deal with them better with a choke point." He growled, pulling off his shemagh. In combat it could easily be siezed and used to drag Bal down to be killed. Shoving it into his shirt, he bent his knees, ready to scoop up the seemingly-wounded man into a carry and sprint for the container.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James